View Full Version : Choose place to live.

pulse
01-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I am single guy who move to OKC recently. I live now with my friends until I will find my place I would like to find place near by the 50 Penn (1900 NW Expressway St Oklahoma City, OK 73118) in good neighborhood. The problem is my friends live far from that place and they are new here too.

Please give me advice witch place is good witch is bad. And where to look and where even do not think about it?

bandnerd
01-14-2008, 06:07 AM
I guess you're looking to rent?

There are plenty of apartment complexes. Try apartmentguide.com and enter your parameters (pet friendly, W/D, etc) and see what you can come up with. There are also some rent houses in the area...one of our teachers rents a house next to where one of the Flaming Lips guys used to live! They're not bad houses...some of them back right up to 50 Penn.

Good luck!

Oh, and as for areas to stay away from...northeast side in general. If a place looks shady, it probably is, so just don't go there. There are shady, creepy apartments all over the place but there are some good ones, too!

mheaton76
01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
The area around 50 Penn is really great. If you're looking for an up and coming area with a bit of character, check out renting a bungalow in Putnam Heights or Gatewood. As far as apartments, there is a really cool high rise called "The Classen" on Classen and 23rd which was recently renovated and turned into nice apartments. I have a friend who lives there ... It's cool, check it out.

Misty
01-14-2008, 12:55 PM
My suggestion is Mesta Park. It's not too far from 50 Penn and they have a very, very active neighborhood association with lots of activities. You mentioned in other posts that you are looking for things to do/people to meet and I think Mesta Park would be a great choice, just attend the neighborhood events and you'll know all your neighbors in no time! There are a lot of very reasonably priced apartments for rent in historic buildings.

windowphobe
01-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I live about a mile west of 50 Penn in Mayfair Heights; there are smallish rent houses to be had between 46th and 50th most of the time.

pulse
01-18-2008, 11:47 AM
what do you think about Ambassador House 4177 N Pennsylvania ave 73112. Is it good place , how is there?

escan
01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
It's fine. I had a friend who lived there...his apartment was broken into, but it was his neighbors....so, could happen anywhere. It just seems to be your standard, run of the mill, boring, lower to mid priced complex.

pulse
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
The big plus of that place for me is that is near to my office. 50Penn building in radius 1-2ml and other places to live?