View Full Version : New In OKC

pulse
01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
:welcome55
I just moved to Oklahoma City(2weeks). I am now just working and sleeping. I am getting bored from here. Give me some advice what can I do here , where can I go?

kmf563
01-10-2008, 08:00 AM
What interests you?

JB1975
01-10-2008, 08:50 AM
You could hang out on OKCTalk with the other emo twentysomethings and complain about how "uncool" Oklahoma City is.

Seriously, though, unless you have an unlimted amount of time and disposable income, you're going to be "bored" anywhere. I'm thinking you are bored, not because there is "nothing to do" so much as you are new and you don't have many friends. If I were you, I'd tap into my interests....find a club, church, something where there are people with similar interests,....and then you'll find plenty to do.

HTH.

bandnerd
01-10-2008, 09:20 AM
If you're just sitting around, then yeah, you're going to get bored. There's plenty to do! But some specifics on what you enjoy would certainly help. Are you a night owl? Do you like movies? Do you like art/sports/etc?

bwana_bob
01-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Poor, sad, little purple face. You must have moved here from a city that operates like Tan and Tone America - robotic activity to maintain your sense of hustle and bustle in an exciting and quite possibly, exotic, locale. When you awake from your slumber, please let us know how you disdain everything about our little cow town. Tell us all about the beautiful, sleek, tanned people you were once surrounded by - none of whom needed to contribute to a city wide million pound purge. Regale us with your tales of wine, women and song - if you're into that type of thing - or of cultural events that uplifted your soul and expanded your mind. Even though you seem like a whiny, little sad sack upon first glance, we'll take you under our wings - that's the sort of people we are (and hey, sorry for the smelly armpits, maybe you'd rather stand next to our wings).

Waaaaah!

pulse
01-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I don't know about wings, but I like everything from sport except football , I like movies , walking around I don't have many friends here , I like all type of art from modern to gothic , I am not really church person but... When I was moving here I heard that here you have international community (Russians, Armenians) I know both language and I will like to find some friends.

I like everything and I am interested in everything. Please when you are giving me advice think that from way what do you like, and share with me

Thank you

Mandy
01-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Don't judge OKC by the responses here. There are so many friendly, wonderful people out in the city. I moved here from the Dallas area a year ago and I love it here. To me it's like a suburb, but with the conveniences of a city.

You need to meet people to find things to do. Have you met people at work? I don't like to work, so it was hard for me to meet people but I managed. :) There are groups you can join and things you can volunteer for to meet people. There are plenty of websites out there that will tell you about things to do here. Did anyone call you to pick up a welcome basket? We got a welcome basket with info in it. There seems like there isn't a lot to do here at first, but you just have to find them.

Karried
01-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Don't judge OKC by the responses here. There are so many friendly, wonderful people out in the city.

I agree.. some of these responses were kind of harsh.. but welcome to OKC. Most people are really nice here..

Keep reading and getting ideas on things to do.. in no time, you'll meet some friends and find a lot of interesting things to do.

Try walking around Lake Hefner.. it's been really windy lately but when it calms down a bit, it's a nice place to walk.

FritterGirl
01-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi pulse,

Welcome to OKC. You say you like art. There is a great art show this weekend (tomorrow and Saturday night) called "Momentum." There will be over 130 artists whose works are on display, and all of the artists are under 30. All different types of art forms will be represented, from more traditional genres, including two-dimensional paintings and photography, to sculpture, abstract pieces, and performance art.

It's a really neat show. It is taking place in an old furniture warehouse located on Portland Avenue at S.W. 2nd Street. I believe the show starts at about 8 p.m. each night, and admission tickets are $15.

lpecan
01-10-2008, 07:37 PM
My take on things. Don't mind the few rough responses. OKC has a largely undeserved reputation of being boring, and people here are very sensitive to it. As far as stuff to do, I'll at least take you through my weekly routine.

I pick up the gazette every Wednesday. They have a website, but I don't think its as useful as the paper www.okgazette.com . That's the best listing of events here in town. It also features a number of independent restaurant suggestions weekly.

I go to the websites for allied arts okc and the arts council okc. There is a decent theater community here and you'll be able to find most things by looking there.

Check the local colleges and universities. OU, Rose State, UCO and OCU. You'll find a lot of guest-speakers, jazz acts (at UCO) and performances.

Check OKCtalk. People post events all the time here.

Also, I like to check out the websites for the Oklahoma Science Museum, Museum of Art etc.; there's always something new.

If you like restaurants, eataroundokc.com is a new website which reviews a lot of local places, you can also cruise the food court forum here.

Lastly, just ask. If there was something you enjoyed doing where you used to live, someone will probably be able to help you find something similar here. I moved from So. Florida, and I was convinced that I was going to hate it here, but I have really enjoyed my time here and met some great people.

FritterGirl
01-10-2008, 08:05 PM
lpecan mentioned the art museum. They have a cinema there that screens foreign and independent "art" films every weekend. it's also a great place to go.

kmf563
01-11-2008, 08:06 AM
hmmmm.... interesting.

As far as the Armenian connection, there are two churches in the city I am aware of. 1. St. Gregory Armenian Apostolic Church Tel: 405-271-6582
and then there is the St. Benedict Orthodox Church 405-672-1441 which is more russian orthodox.

There are international student groups at the universities - I know uco in edmond, ou in norman, and ocu in oklahoma city all have these. You could probably make some friends there.

As far as something to do I would agree on picking up the gazette and the look@okc free magazines around town. They have a pretty good listing of all events. You can find these at starbucks, liquor stores, and local pubs.

metro
01-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Welcome to OKC! OKC is a city in resurgence right now and you picked a great time to move! Feel free to ask any of us about any event or type of things you like and we'll be happy to suggest things. In downtown's Art Quarter there is the Oklahoma City Museum of Art that has a nice restaurant and indie film theater but the museum itself always has nice traveling exhibits as well as great permanent displays. There is also the Civic Center Music Hall in the Arts Quarter that has wonderful plays, operas, concerts and other events. Automobile Alley and Midtown are also up and coming districts. The Plaza District and Paseo are great eclectic arts districts with lots to see and do. Bricktown is probably the most happening nightclub/entertainment district at the moment which is on the east side of downtown. There are many restaurants and clubs down there, baseball stadium, theater, a canal to walk or ride a boat on. The Oklahoma Riverr (or CORE to SHORE area) is an up and coming area. The River has large events and regattas several times a year. There is always plenty going on downtown as well. The Asian district is a neat little district to explore. Capitol Hill and Stockyards City are also hidden little districts that are nice. Capitol Hill is more of a hispanic downtown mercado type district and Stockyards City is where the old/current stockyards are and has a very western them with shops and restaurants. Penn Square Mall area is good if you like upscale shopping. Memorial Rd. is good if you like chain shopping and chain restaurants, you'll find plenty of them up there. Feel free to ask about anything else.

As someone said, the free Oklahoma Gazette that comes out on Wednesdays is a great start. Also OKCTalk is a huge asset. There are also plenty of organizations to get involved with, young professionals, downtowners, toastmasters, urban league, and tons of other organizations.

bandnerd
01-11-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm probably no help, because I'm a total homebody and most of my evening activities are work (school) related, i.e. high school basketball games, concerts, plays, musicals, etc.

The Ford center often has things going on in the sports/concert world, there are comedy clubs around town, the newest being in Bricktown (near downtown) and there is always the zoo or western heritage museum around 1-44 and MLK.

Misty
01-11-2008, 09:49 AM
I love living in Oklahoma City, but it's a HUGE adjustment coming from other places. I still can't find enough things (that interest me and are FUN) to fill my time, so I spend a lot more time at home now than I ever have. There are a lot of events here, but I find the "fun" element seriously lacking sometimes. I miss the music scene in Austin every day. But, the people here are nice and once you start meeting people you will make the best lifelong friends you've ever had. You said you like walking around, and we have a serious lack of sidewalks, so be careful! Definitely check out downtown/bricktown. If you look like either of the Klitschko brothers I'll give you a personal tour :)

namellac
01-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Tonite and tomorrow.

OVAC Momentum Tulsa and Oklahoma City (http://www.ovac-ok.org/Events/events_momentum.cfm)

JB1975
01-11-2008, 10:33 AM
My apologies if my response was harsh. It's just that I have never had to be "entertained" to enjoy life, and find the need to be kind of shallow. It's difficult to not take personally someone dumping on your home out of their shallow need to be entertained. Not saying that was what you are doing, but trying to give you some perspective on where I come from. Our city is polite (I think "polite" is more accurate than "friendly"), but we also have a chip on our shoulder as not only do we have outsiders that tend to tear us down, but our own likes to tear us down as well. Our culture is one of conservative self-loathing, and I am dying to see that change.

The person that said that OKC is a HUGE adjustment from other places I suspect hasn't been to very many other places. It honestly isn't that much different, unless you are comparing it to NY, the West Coast cities, or Dallas. It admittedly is very different from those cities, but it isn't Mayberry either.

With all of that said, I stand by my statement that it is more who you are with than what you are doing. It'd be nice to live near a beach, but if you have no friends, family, or SO to share it with, what fun is that? I'd love to live in the mountains, but if there is no one to share that with, I'm still a lonely person. I just happen to be a lonely person that lives near a mountain range. Can you honestly afford to go to pro sports game every night? Are you going to go to Sea World every weekend? Are you going to go to Fisherman's Wharf every weekend? And on top of all of this, there are few cities around that have ALL of these things.

"Things to do" is overrated. "People to hang out with" is underrated. :tiphat:

lpecan
01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
OK... so this is the last post about me. I just want to let you know what I'll be doing, so you can get a sample of what one might be able to do in a weekend. By the way, I'm probably your typical single 22 yr old male.

Friday:

Go to the Momentum exhibit - $10 in advance, $15 at the door
Go to Gailileo in the paseo, typically live music there - Whatever I spend on food / drinks
Maybe go to the coco flow... by far the best espresso in town, and live jazz on Friday nights - $3

Saturday:

Go to the Full Body Comedy thing at IAO - $7
Have dinner at the queen of sheba (by the way, they turn into an after hours club after 2am, the only one I know of here in town... totally unexpected)

Sunday:

Go grocery shopping in the morning... Everyone is in church, its the best time to avoid the lines. Not that this is entertainment, but it is good advice.
Blazers (hockey) game - $10

Monday its back to work- also The Oklahoma Barack Obama campaign is having a sorta grand opening at noon, if you're into that sort of thing.

I think the gazette says it best. If you're bored, its not their fault. This isn't Manhattan or Miami (I have lived in and loved both), but I've always been able to find something to do. There's no central entertainment district (BT really isn't), so you do a little homework and venture out. You'll be rewarded. You'll find the true blessing of this town is that everything is really cheap, and almost never crowded, which is great for young folks on a budget.

PM me if I can help with anything.

Welcome!

bwana_bob
01-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Go to the Momentum exhibit - $10 in advance, $15 at the door
Maybe go to the coco flow... - $3
Go to the Full Body Comedy thing at IAO - $7
Blazers (hockey) game - $10
!

Having the energy of a deranged bunny rabbit on crack and living the dream in OKC.... priceless. For everyone else, there's Cox Cable.

namellac
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Momentum is AWESOME this year!

Be sure to catch Perpetual Motion Modern Dance!

And there's this dude in a white body stocking who stands motionless for 6 hours - or is it a manequin? The venue is MUCH better this year.

dismayed
01-11-2008, 11:01 PM
I think the most striking difference I see here compared to most other cities of this size I've visited is the people. Life is very homoginized here... not a lot of diversity. Wandering around with the general population at times it seems like everyone is white, low to middle class, conservative, Republican, evangelical religious, shops for clothes at the same 4 stores at the mall, enjoys rock that is a few years behind the power curve or country music, has cultural nights out which include drinking 3.2 beer and watching NASCAR or OU football, got married at 19 and divorced by 26, and so on.

Not that there's anything wrong with the above, it's just SO MANY people here fall into that category. Like one of the last posters, I'm one who thinks that the fun comes with the people you meet, and I think it's fun to meet people who are different, interesting, and in some ways challenge you. Unfortunately that is a little harder to come by here. But the good news is that there is hope... there are various communities, clubs, classes, etc. that you can enroll in and become a member of or just pall around with where you can meet people who aren't all of the same cookie cutter. It takes time to find what you are looking for... start now and hang in there.

Tex
01-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I think the most striking difference I see here compared to most other cities of this size I've visited is the people. Life is very homoginized here... not a lot of diversity. Wandering around with the general population at times it seems like everyone is white, low to middle class, conservative, Republican, evangelical religious, shops for clothes at the same 4 stores at the mall, enjoys rock that is a few years behind the power curve or country music, has cultural nights out which include drinking 3.2 beer and watching NASCAR or OU football, got married at 19 and divorced by 26, and so on.

Not that there's anything wrong with the above, it's just SO MANY people here fall into that category. Like one of the last posters, I'm one who thinks that the fun comes with the people you meet, and I think it's fun to meet people who are different, interesting, and in some ways challenge you. Unfortunately that is a little harder to come by here. But the good news is that there is hope... there are various communities, clubs, classes, etc. that you can enroll in and become a member of or just pall around with where you can meet people who aren't all of the same cookie cutter. It takes time to find what you are looking for... start now and hang in there.

lmao! you stole the words out of my mouth. I sense the flames coming soon...

dismayed
01-11-2008, 11:31 PM
lmao! you stole the words out of my mouth. I sense the flames coming soon...

Well then let me go ahead and throw some gasoline on the fire. :) In just about any other city of 1.2+ million people, if you are 28, financially responsible, appreciate art and fine wine, and not married, you're considered a normal or cool person. Here, you're weird. Why aren't you married, are you gay? Why do you like wine and not beer, are you from a liberal state? You like art too? You must be gay and liberal. Or Canadian.

mecarr
01-12-2008, 12:24 AM

Well look, you get what you make of it. If you do not want to try and find people like yourself but instead randomly walk up to people, do not expect them to be like you. Find your niche. There are not many, if any, communities in the US that are as diverse as you would like them to be. Sure, San Fran is ethnically diverse, but it is as politically diverse as Oklahoma. I dunno, I just can't think of any place out where where there are large amounts of different ethnicities, with strong and significant political differences, that enthusiastically support everything from football to tennis. Just ain't out there.

CCOKC
01-12-2008, 09:23 AM

OK, I'll bite on this one too. I lived in Idaho where I could go literally days without seeing a person of color. No exageration. The population of Idaho is 95% white. That is lack of diversity.

jacodenn
01-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Got time on your hands? Take a tour of OKC...take a ride on the Metro Bus and enjoy the sights.

dismayed
01-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Well look, you get what you make of it. If you do not want to try and find people like yourself but instead randomly walk up to people, do not expect them to be like you. Find your niche. There are not many, if any, communities in the US that are as diverse as you would like them to be. Sure, San Fran is ethnically diverse, but it is as politically diverse as Oklahoma. I dunno, I just can't think of any place out where where there are large amounts of different ethnicities, with strong and significant political differences, that enthusiastically support everything from football to tennis. Just ain't out there.

You guys are focusing on race. To me diversity is that long list of things that I mentioned above. I guarantee you that in any major metropolitan area, I could go out and talk to a bunch of random people (who yes may all be white) and in the group there would be a wide range of conservatives, liberals, libertarians, people who paid no attention to sports whatsoever, people who are really into sports, people into all sorts of religions, people who grew up in other states or other countries, people who like all sorts of music, people whose favorite foods range from burgers to tapas, and on and on and on. When I talk about diversity it is really the conversation I am speaking about. There are too many people here who think exactly alike. Honestly it is this very reason that the much sought after "creative class" moves away from here and to other places. It is why we always end up with half-baked construction downtown and why it takes us literally a decade to get certain things and trends here that are popularized elsewhere much more rapidly. Just too many people think exactly alike here. It is why I can almost sense the "if you don't like it here just move" comment hurtling my way.

dismayed
01-12-2008, 02:27 PM
OK, I'll bite on this one too. I lived in Idaho where I could go literally days without seeing a person of color. No exageration. The population of Idaho is 95% white. That is lack of diversity.

Nothing says major metropolitan area like Idaho.

mecarr
01-12-2008, 03:30 PM
You guys are focusing on race. To me diversity is that long list of things that I mentioned above. I guarantee you that in any major metropolitan area, I could go out and talk to a bunch of random people (who yes may all be white) and in the group there would be a wide range of conservatives, liberals, libertarians, people who paid no attention to sports whatsoever, people who are really into sports, people into all sorts of religions, people who grew up in other states or other countries, people who like all sorts of music, people whose favorite foods range from burgers to tapas, and on and on and on..

Well I guess I've been lucky because I've found in OKC what you are describing. I'm friends with someone from France and someone from Brazil, both of whom live in OKC. I will say that you try harder to look for what you are describing. If you walk out into a random crowd, you probably won't find much diversity. That's why you should seek out different groups and become involved that way.

pulse
01-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I love living in Oklahoma City, but it's a HUGE adjustment coming from other places. I still can't find enough things (that interest me and are FUN) to fill my time, so I spend a lot more time at home now than I ever have. There are a lot of events here, but I find the "fun" element seriously lacking sometimes. I miss the music scene in Austin every day. But, the people here are nice and once you start meeting people you will make the best lifelong friends you've ever had. You said you like walking around, and we have a serious lack of sidewalks, so be careful! Definitely check out downtown/bricktown. If you look like either of the Klitschko brothers I'll give you a personal tour :)

:dizzy: I was born in Armenia , and I look like Armenian. Maybe I am the most slim guy here.
:sofa:

But I don't have problem with that, the problem is that I don't buy the car yet and for checking out all events that are listed on the top , I must ask someone.

Find friends in office is little bit difficult most of the guys there are not so talkative at all. We are software developers , don't think wrong I like to talk but they are just focused on the job. Thank you for web sites I will check them out, and I will keep my eye on the thread, when I started this thread and gt first response I was quite disappointed with the "hospitality".

hmmmm.... interesting.

As far as the Armenian connection, there are two churches in the city I am aware of. 1. St. Gregory Armenian Apostolic Church Tel: 405-271-6582
and then there is the St. Benedict Orthodox Church 405-672-1441 which is more russian orthodox.

I checked it out it is closed.
I will check the Russian church too.

Thank you for lot of information and if you have more good staff please share with me I am very happy to get so many re.

jbrown84
01-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Well I guess I've been lucky because I've found in OKC what you are describing.

Ditto. Even my Baptist church has blacks, whites, Asians, hispanics, Native Americans, Africans, Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, sports people, artsy people, people in indie rock bands, doctors, lawyers, welders, teachers, carpenters, writers, journalists, etc. etc.

Now granted, it's not and Edmond church--it's inner-city. You just have to look in the right places for diversity.

And as far as being bored, I can see if someone didn't have a job, they might get bored, but I work full time, and I can hardly keep up with all there is to do. It's like I have a list of things I want to do, places I want to check out, exhibits I want to see, etc that I can never catch up with.

kmf563
01-21-2008, 09:30 AM
The only time in my life I was ever bored was in highschool. There isn't enough time to do all the things I want to do in this city! I can always find something fun and entertaining. As for diversity - you must have plopped yourself down in the middle of the "plastics" for your friends. My friends range from white, mexican, half japanese half black, irish, british, indian and they enjoy a variety of things which makes it easier to find someone to go do stuff with. Someone in my group enjoys every type of music, someone is an artist, someone prefers outdoor activities, someone likes antiques, someone likes the theatre, someone likes coffee....it goes on and on. My friends are very diverse and all get along with one another. They almost all have a different religion too. And by different I don't mean baptist or catholic - i mean hindu, agnostic, wiccan, and christian.

Architect2010
01-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Whoa...I'm a teenager and I see so many different types of people all day...
whether Im at school, Walking up shields or if I'm on the North side...The most I see are Asians, Blacks, and mexicans.
Sum are athiests, sum are christians, A lot of them like rap, R&B, pop, and alternative...NOT COUNTRY! =P
I know sum of their parents are Republicans and I know A few of them are democratic and I know a bunch of them really dont categorize themselves...My parents are sum of them. I'm not into sports and so arent a whole bunch of my friends but then theres a lot who do.
so I dunno what part of OKC ur talking about...=P

AND HIGHSCHOOL IS GREAT! lol

kmf563
01-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Whoa...I'm a teenager and I see so many different types of people all day...
whether Im at school, Walking up shields or if I'm on the North side...The most I see are Asians, Blacks, and mexicans.
Sum are athiests, sum are christians, A lot of them like rap, R&B, pop, and alternative...NOT COUNTRY! =P
I know sum of their parents are Republicans and I know A few of them are democratic and I know a bunch of them really dont categorize themselves...My parents are sum of them. I'm not into sports and so arent a whole bunch of my friends but then theres a lot who do.
so I dunno what part of OKC ur talking about...=P

AND HIGHSCHOOL IS GREAT! lol

I forgot to mention I went to Choctaw High School. Nothing but Plastics. Highlight of the weekend = Cowtipping. woot.
Until I got my own car...then it was fun because I came to the city.

bwana_bob
01-21-2008, 02:00 PM
One more church posting:

Oklahoma City: Armenian Church of Oklahoma City. c/o Dr. Hrair Kurkjian, 13040 Burnt Oak Rd., Oklahoma City 73120. Tel: (405) 755-9779

The Armenian Church (http://www.armenianchurch.net/)

A group of possible interest:

The International Visitors Council of Greater Oklahoma City welcomes visitors from around the world. It promotes international understanding through the exchange of people, ideas, and culture with an ultimate Vision of World Peace.

Monthly activities - meets at OCU

Cheers!

Dave Cook
01-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow!

Oklahoma City sounds like such an amazing place.

I wonder why the entire world doesn't live here?

namellac
01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
CITY ARTS CENTER (http://www.cityartscenter.org/special_events/cafe_city_arts.php)
Café City Arts 2008: Circus Maximus

Friday, January 25th, 2008 | 7:30-11:00 pm

City Arts Center’s 15th Annual Fundraiser Café City Arts promises to be a stylish night of fun, while remaining one of the best opportunities to view and purchase original art by national, regional and emerging artists at great prices. Proceeds from the event benefit year-round exhibits in the Eleanor Kirkpatrick Gallery.

Patrons have the opportunity to purchase amazing works of art, meet the artists and indulge in food and drinks from some of the metro’s finest restaurants. The entertainment will include a live fire breather and perpetual motion dancers, who will defy gravity as they swing and dance from scarves suspended from the gallery ceiling above the audience.

Main event sponsors include: Dennis & Ami Black, Josephine W. Freede, Kirkpatrick Bank and U.S. Trust-Bank of America Private Wealth Management.

Tickets are $50 per ticket in advance and $60 if purchased at the door. Tickets may be purchased at City Arts Center or by calling 951-0000.

For more information contact development@cityartscenter.org or call 405.951.0000.

Participating Artists: Jennifer Barron, Rick and Tracey Bewley, Andrew Mclain Boatman, Mike Bruno, Peter Coates, Linnie Craigie, Ryan Cunningham, Debbie Curtis, Tony Dyke, Birthe Flexner, Ian Gillis, Matt Goad, Alycia Goeke, Ashley Griffith, Dustin Hamby, Yun Hendricks, Trent Lawson, Nathan Lee, C Lynn Mallett, JP Morrision, George Oswalt, Romy Owens, Mike Paluska, Jose Perales, Ryan Rains, Bert Seabourn, Jerrod Smith, Sean Stone, Michi Susan, Kristen Vails, Elia Woods and Eric Wright.

Caterers: Cheever's Cafe, Eli's Custom Catering, Kang's Asian Bistro, North Fork Bar & Grill, Pearl's Oyster Bar, Redrock Canyon Grill and Tom & Jerry's Steak and Fish Grille.

betts
01-23-2008, 06:36 AM
Well then let me go ahead and throw some gasoline on the fire. :) In just about any other city of 1.2+ million people, if you are 28, financially responsible, appreciate art and fine wine, and not married, you're considered a normal or cool person. Here, you're weird. Why aren't you married, are you gay? Why do you like wine and not beer, are you from a liberal state? You like art too? You must be gay and liberal. Or Canadian.

I have a 23 year old single daughter here who would appreciate you, and not be sure you're gay, or care if you're liberal. She's cute too, and would kill me for saying all of this. :sofa:

Seriously, she's got a whole group of friends who drink wine, love art and, although I don't know their politics, they seem pretty liberal. There might be older people who think that, but most people with kids anywhere near 28 are hipper than that, I hope. Anyone younger than me had better be.

pulse
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
One more church posting:

Oklahoma City: Armenian Church of Oklahoma City. c/o Dr. Hrair Kurkjian, 13040 Burnt Oak Rd., Oklahoma City 73120. Tel: (405) 755-9779

The Armenian Church (http://www.armenianchurch.net/)

Cheers!

I checked that Church the phone doesn't work , I contact with Californian Armenian church they contact with some one and they tell me that church doesn't work
temporarily.

Thx for info.