View Full Version : What's going on with OKC school superintendent?

Pages : [1] 2

adaniel
01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I've been in Dallas for the past 2 weeks, so this is coming as a complete surprise. Didn't they just hire this guy? What's the deal?

OKC School Board To Discuss Porter's Future With District - Education News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City (http://www.koco.com/education/14982614/detail.html)

metro
01-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I think it's a bunch of crap that the city and public agencies keep scheduling these meetings during working hours. As Porter said, a 5:30pm would accomodate more of the public's input than an 8am Monday morning meeting.

zuluwarrior0760
01-05-2008, 01:18 PM
They are meeting in closed session @ 8AM.

If they take a vote, it would have to be in open session @ 5:30PM

HOT ROD
01-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Sounds like they are trying to cook up something in order to hang Porter.

I think they could have AT LEAST given him a year before they 'act so typical' AGAINST people of colour in high places. Shoot, why did they bring Porter in in the first place? Considering they wont let him do his job and lead the district as he sees fit.

hipsterdoofus
01-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Sounds like they are trying to cook up something in order to hang Porter.

I think they could have AT LEAST given him a year before they 'act so typical' AGAINST people of colour in high places. Shoot, why did they bring Porter in in the first place? Considering they wont let him do his job and lead the district as he sees fit.

I'm sure they are glad you assume its due to his race...

You know, it is actually possible to hire someone and figure out they aren't who you thought they were within days even of hiring them.

Instead of playing the race card, how about you wait it out and listen to both sides?

jbrown84
01-07-2008, 11:37 AM
You know, it is actually possible to hire someone and figure out they aren't who you thought they were within days even of hiring them.

Instead of playing the race card, how about you wait it out and listen to both sides?

Seriously! How many people are in leadership in OKC Public Schools that a African-American?? Let's leave race out of this.

yukong
01-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Yes, we need to leave race out of the equation...particularly since of the 7 sitting board members (it seems District 3 is currently vacant) 3 are white, 2 are black and 2 are Latino. And of those members, all voted for the suspension except one who abstained (Thelma Parks who is black). But the other black member Joe Clytus voted for the suspension as did the 2 Latino members. So, 3 white people, and 3 of color voted for the suspension, and the other black abstained when she could have voted no. So...if it is racist from the board, then 3 people of color are also racist.

Sounds like, from the allegations, that there are some serious issues to do with misuse of taxpayer funds involved. How serious, I don't know... but they are there.

Pete
01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
It's hard to read between the lines here but it seems like the board (especially Cliff Hudson) became very disenchanted with Porter early on -- lots of negative feedback from principals according to one report.

And expenses and the other claims are probably just trying to find something concrete that would justify getting him out ASAP.

Karried
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Mon January 7, 2008
Superintendent suspended with pay

By Wendy K. Kleinman
Staff Writer
The Oklahoma City School Board voted this morning to suspend Superintendent John Porter with pay.
A previously confidential investigative report was released at that time. The report makes 21 specific allegations against Porter. Many are fiscal, but some relate to interpersonal matters.
[/URL]
The allegations include:
Nonfiscal

Excessive turnover in key staff positions.
Negative relationships with multiple principals.
Inappropriate and abusive behavior with some employees.
Failure to follow policies and directions from the school board, and failure to communicate adequately with the board.Fiscal

Entering the district into a $365,600 contract without going through the process of competitive bidding.
Seeking reimbursement from general and activity funds for first-class trips on personal business, for coach-class trips for his wife, and for an Admirals Club pass at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport.
Seeking reimbursement for apparent alcohol purchases.
Misusing funds by requesting reimbursement for questionable meal expenses.
Asking one or more district employees to perform personal work while on district time, as well as outside normal working hours that resulted in overtime payments.
Failure to take vacation days while out of town on personal matters.
Seeking reimbursement for questionable car expenses, including car rental, taxi receipts, parking receipts and gasoline receipts.
Raising some employees' pay scale without authorization from the school board.A hearing has been set for Feb. 6, where the board will listen to evidence and determine whether to reinstate or to terminate Porter.

Sandra Park, former superintendent of Blanchard schools, was named interim superintendent.
Read the report, in the form of a notice adopted by the board this morning[U] here. (http://promos.newsok.com/adclick.php?n=aec40758)

metro
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks for posting the update. I'm wondering though if some of the "interpersonal" complaints are really warranted. Perhaps he was trying to make necessary changes that have been neglected for years and others just didn't want to change. I could be wrong but that is something to at least think about and ask. We all know OKC Public Schools need a major overhaul and we're sure not going to get there doing the same old things.

Karried
01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I was sort of listening but not really (I was occupied doing taxes) to the news conference - I wish I would have paid more attention because it was heated and there were many outbursts.

Try to watch tonight - I'm sure it will be well televised.

Karried
01-07-2008, 01:22 PM
NewsOK Media Center (http://www.newsok.com/video/brightcove/?bctid=1368776712&bclid=1111621425)

jbrown84
01-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for posting the update. I'm wondering though if some of the "interpersonal" complaints are really warranted. Perhaps he was trying to make necessary changes that have been neglected for years and others just didn't want to change. I could be wrong but that is something to at least think about and ask. We all know OKC Public Schools need a major overhaul and we're sure not going to get there doing the same old things.

The fiscal issues are enough to warrant termination. Sounds very similar to Richard Roberts actually.

And I do know that when he first started, he fired someone in the PR department who had been there all of a few weeks.

Midtowner
01-07-2008, 04:25 PM
First off, if he's the superintendent, is it necessarily a misuse of funds to fly first class? Many people in that sort of profession have such a provision in their contract -- that all flights will be first class and that they'll have Crown Room/Admiral Club memberships, etc.

Second, the "questionable" uses of funds... If it's "questionable," then it only has the appearance of possibly being wrong. It's not per se wrong.

As to the contract, $365K is no minor oversight. That's the only thing on the list that really bothers me.

The nonfiscal stuff? Who cares. When you're the big cheese, you don't have to play well with others. He's the boss of these principals, it doesn't matter if he comes to their school on a daily basis just to yell at them. Bosses often deal negatively with employees and other subordinates. My only question here is this: Does the man get results?

Some of the other allegations are enough to raise an eyebrow, but really, they're pretty ticky-tack. If those things were done with malice, I say can him. If those things were just little mistakes, warn him and get him to start documenting things a little better.

Easy180
01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Only been in for a few months and he has to answer to 21 allegations....Any business would thank him and have someone let him clean his desk out and show him the door

Out of 21 I have to think at least half are legit...Way too many to retain someone in my opinion...Pretty dam* disappointing

dismayed
01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
The $365k purchase and the one about having employees performing personal work on company time are definitely the two biggest offenses and either one alone can get you fired. In a government position criminal charges could possibly even be filed.

adaniel
01-08-2008, 12:23 AM
While I'll agree that some of the charges are at the worst picky, like the fact that some of the principals don't like him, some of these things he needs to answer to. The council made the right decision in suspending him while investigating some of these charges further. It would be dumb to fire him now without making sure all of these charges actually hold water, but he does need to explain himself.

And thats another thing, explaining himself in the media means nothing. He conducted interviews on all four major news stations as well as the DOK. It may be nice to have everyone in the public on your side, but the only people's opinions that matter are sitting on that school board. Maybe he worry about talking to Cliff Hudson instead of Kelly Ogle.

Its all very sad. I thought MAPS for Kids was really cleaning up OKCPS. This ordeal has already left a huge black eye.

bandnerd
01-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Yeah, right...like he can have a buddy-to-buddy chat with good ol' Cliff.

Midtowner
01-08-2008, 07:23 AM
The $365k purchase and the one about having employees performing personal work on company time are definitely the two biggest offenses and either one alone can get you fired. In a government position criminal charges could possibly even be filed.

He says the $365K purchase was from a company which the state has identified as a sole provider (even though that company listed 4 competitors in their application).

The question there seems to be whether a bureaucratic designation means more than reality... Is it the superintendent's role to change that designation?

Midtowner
01-08-2008, 07:26 AM
As far as 'trying his case to the media' goes, I think this is different. The people who he's adverse to, the school board, are elected officials. Making sure any adverse proceedings where they're involved are public is actually a fairly good move... and since those people are elected officials who are accountable to the people, I don't have a problem with any grandstanding done by either side.

Our children's education is of supreme importance. This is something everyone should pay attention to. Here's a unique chance to find out just what kind of school board we really have.

hipsterdoofus
01-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Sorry...but as someone who works in government, I have enough common sense not to charge this stuff. If he's a superintendent, he's certainly been doing this awhile and should know better as well.

I do not feel that the expenses are nitpicky at all. I find it pretty sad that he started running up these bills within weeks of being hired.

If you feel this is being nitpicky, remember that the hundreds of dollars he is misusing (potentially on alcohol or his wife's airfare) is YOUR money.

metro
01-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Yeah, right...like he can have a buddy-to-buddy chat with good ol' Cliff.

I agree bandnerd... I thought this student from Douglas High School said it best when KOCO interviewed him live at the Board Meeting at 5:30pm. He said something to the effect " I've seen Dr. Porter several times at our school working solutions to our problems, but I've never seen Clif Hudson come to Douglas High School". I thought that was pretty funny.

hipsterdoofus
01-08-2008, 10:40 AM
What does the school board have to gain from randomly firing this guy? This is so silly to claim that its a "lynching" when you take into account that the same people hired him that suspended him.

It does not make the school board look any better that they are suspending a guy that they hired, so I have to think that they didn't have much choice with what allegations are there.

I think as long as the investigation confirms the accusations, he should be out of there. There are no excuses if he did what he is accused of doing...a grown man with common sense should know better...and I hope our superintendent is someone with common sense (at least).

jacodenn
01-08-2008, 11:12 AM
I have read all sorts of posts on this matter all over the web...yep, it has gone national...not to the extent it has on some local news websites, which stands to reason.

With all the allegations, accusations, denials, name-calling, mud-slinging, and so forth...I would still like to hear from the individual(s) that reviewed and approved the payments? That is, IF payments have actually been made to Dr. Porter yet?

hipsterdoofus
01-08-2008, 11:41 AM
With all the allegations, accusations, denials, name-calling, mud-slinging, and so forth...I would still like to hear from the individual(s) that reviewed and approved the payments? That is, IF payments have actually been made to Dr. Porter yet?

I'll repeat something my boss said about this...basically as the top guy, its not likely that someone would say to him *ahem* you can't charge this... He just does it, and of course someone isn't going to call him out on it as he is the boss...thats why it has taken so long for someone to blow the whistle on him. (In other words, if they give him a hard time about it, they would have to worry about their own job).

metro
01-08-2008, 02:07 PM
But what is funny is that if you saw the approval process the OKC Public School System has for these expenditures, they are to be approved by accounts payable before getting reimbursed, then if there are any questions the board questions it before reimbursement. Why did the accounts payable authorize the reimbursement and the board not question them at that time?? Shouldn't this be a question asked of the board??

hipsterdoofus
01-08-2008, 02:22 PM
But what is funny is that if you saw the approval process the OKC Public School System has for these expenditures, they are to be approved by accounts payable before getting reimbursed, then if there are any questions the board questions it before reimbursement. Why did the accounts payable authorize the reimbursement and the board not question them at that time?? Shouldn't this be a question asked of the board??

I agree that even the superintendent should be questioned on expenses...but it seems that he is not (which again, does not surprise me)...even so, I still think its bad if he is even TRYING to get away with some of this stuff (I understand how some of it may fall into a grey area).

Pete
01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I report directly to a Board (I'm the Executive Director for a non-profit) and since I only meet with them quarterly, they don't routinely approve my expenses, time off, etc. And of course, the person processing the requests and issuing checks reports to me.

So, it's probably the same in this case. However, like me, I'm sure Dr. Porter is subject to multiple audits and that's when these things turn up and questions get asked.

At that level they assume you know what you are doing and just check up on you from time to time. Remember, Board members have full-time jobs of their own... They do not function like a traditional line boss would.

kmf563
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
What I want to know is this...how do you get into just enough trouble to get suspended - WITH PAY. Man, I can't figure out that fine line. That is the best punishment EVER. I get to go home, and get paid? hello! What can I do to get that punishment? We just fire people around here.

metro
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Good points Pete. Dr. Porter still raises some questionable questions, and the financial stuff looks spotty, however I'd like to know more information on both sides of this story before making my official stance.

jacodenn
01-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Pete...One obvious difference I can see right off the top is that you stated you work for a "non-profit." I have no doubts that there are accountability standards in place. With respect to Public Education, they are all accountable to the citizens/parents, and must maintain a higher/stricter standard...IMHO.

Someone in Accounting/Disbursement dropped the ball...and just may have been intimidated, as another poster seemed to suggest.

I am quite sure that one of the news outlets can make a few inquiries (FOIA) and find out.

hipsterdoofus
01-08-2008, 06:49 PM
What I want to know is this...how do you get into just enough trouble to get suspended - WITH PAY. Man, I can't figure out that fine line. That is the best punishment EVER. I get to go home, and get paid? hello! What can I do to get that punishment? We just fire people around here.

Because he hasn't been fired - its pending investigation, but he was suspended to protect the whistleblowers.

zzmom
01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I was looking to see what there was about Porter from his old district. There is an article in the Washington Post today that was a link off the paper that is in the Rockville,Maryland paper. The article states that he left in good standing, but it also shows that he used the wireless generation company there and the district was also involved in the development. Kind of interesting?

jacodenn
01-09-2008, 10:44 AM
zzmom...If the reading program worked there, why shouldn't it work here? Nothing fishy about that at all.

Ever share a favorite recipe with anyone?

zzmom
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
I agree, the reading program is already here in the district and is a good program.
The article says that his former district was involved financially in developing the program and that they received money when other districts purchased it.there were some questions then about the procedures of purchase or finance of the program. I would link to article if i knew how, sorry. THere may not be any thing to the fact that he used it in the other district, but it is one more piece that seems fishy.
I also have a problem that someone that has spent time in public education is so casual about the procedures for purchases and reimbursements
and has always just left his ''staff'' to worry about the details. Sounds like kind of a laize'faire attitude about tax payer money.

metro
01-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I saw a preview for the the KOCO 10 o'clock news. They were talking about what Porter's fan's were trying to do to screw up the NBA coming to OKC over all this mess. What crap if it's true, Porter and the OKC Public Schools have nothing to do with the NBA and the Ford Center vote. Leave it out of it. You all might want to tune in to the 10 news.

zuluwarrior0760
01-09-2008, 10:37 PM
The not getting along with others allegations, frankly I can live with......
He doesn't have to!

The fiscal stuff, if half of it is true, he'd be charged with embezzlement if
he worked for me........but his supporters state that he's willing to reimburse
the district.........

Let's do the same for shoplifters.......that should reduce overcrowding in jails!

The guy in my opinion is a hack......this is quoted from an interview he gave
in 2003, which I find sort of humorous.......

CDE: If you could attempt another profession, what would it be?

Porter: I'm intrigued with superintendents. So I think I could be a superintendent.

CDE: What would people be surprised to know about you?

Porter: I love gadgets -- any kind. I love the latest technology from PDAs to Blackberries to Plasma TVs. Gotta have my gadgets.

He should have used that blackberry to contact the district when they were
trying to locate him last week.......

adaniel
01-09-2008, 10:58 PM
I saw a preview for the the KOCO 10 o'clock news. They were talking about what Porter's fan's were trying to do to screw up the NBA coming to OKC over all this mess. What crap if it's true, Porter and the OKC Public Schools have nothing to do with the NBA and the Ford Center vote. Leave it out of it. You all might want to tune in to the 10 news.
Yes I saw this on Channel 5 tonight, and let me just say if these folks somehow cost OKC this huge opportunity (though I highly doubt they have the number of people to do so) they'd have a lot more to worry about than Mr. Porter. During the report they interviewed Mr. Cornett and he made a very good point. All of these issues with the superintendent is bound to breed negativity towards OKC from its own citizens. The group of "concerned parents" are already showing this by willing to stir up trouble and sabotage their own city because of what they see as a broken system. Lets just hope this thing is resolved and soon. I'm already getting tired of hearing about it.

metro
01-10-2008, 09:41 AM
I agree adaniel. To no surprise all 3 major networks covered this on the 10pm news last night. These troublemakers are all pissed off and claiming racism, when Porter himself said he is certain it's not a racial issue. Case should be closed right there. I personally agree that I don't think they have near the numbers or money to stage an opposition campaign (let alone probably not many of them are regular voters, especially in special elections).

kmf563
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I see Cliff is willing to step down if Porter will follow.

john60
01-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Channel 5 just reported that Porter is having a press conference at the top of the hour...sounds like a resignation?

kmf563
01-11-2008, 07:27 AM
I was busy last night. What happened with the press conference?

jacodenn
01-11-2008, 08:05 AM
In a nutshell...Porter said he is not stepping down.

bombermwc
01-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Without seeing all the evidence myself in person, it seems like a two-part issue.
1 - Issues within the district that have no bearing here (like not playing nice with others....whatever).
2 - Finances. If these issues are true, then he needs to be fired. With that much work history, he should know better and probably thought he could sneak something through the cracks...or he's an idiot.

Anyone remember how much better things were with Bob Moore around? I sure wish he had stayed longer. But keep in mind that Porter hasn't been around very long yet. He hasn't had a chance to implement any changes for real....but then again, in that short time, why has he needed all this stuff to write off? And it's always really crappy how the people in the highest positions in any company get the perks...the ones that can afford it, don't have to pay. What a crock!

jacodenn
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
bombermwc...Unfortunately, that's the way it is in our society. Take a look at all the perks our elected officials get. Really want to see a mind-blower...do a little bit of research on the Retirement Benefits our State Legislature voted in for themselves.

I think Congress and the Oklahoma State Legislature ought to have a retirement system exactly like the Military.

jacodenn
01-11-2008, 12:37 PM
LIVE: Watch OKC School Board Meeting At 3 P.M. (CST)

jbrown84
01-11-2008, 01:07 PM
I must have missed something. What ON EARTH does this have to do with the Ford Center vote???

jacodenn
01-11-2008, 01:42 PM
jbrown84...A couple days ago some folks in the community stated they would intentionally vote NO on the Ford Center in response to Porter being falsely accused (paraphrasing).

Karried
01-23-2008, 03:04 PM
uh oh.. Superintendent Suspended

Closed door meeting, more at 5:00pm

Intrepid
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Porter has resigned, and so has Hudson as part of a settlement agreement.

SpectralMourning
01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
..."meeting" being held while he's more than likely at a job interview. I wonder if they all went to the same trainer? They're pretty good at rolling over...

metro
01-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Porter, Hudson resign in OKC School Board settlement

January 24, 2008

OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma City School Board accepted the resignation of suspended Superintendent John Q. Porter Wednesday in an agreement in which board Chairman Cliff Hudson also resigned, ending weeks of bitterness between the two men.

After meeting privately for about 30 minutes to discuss Porter’s employment, the board voted 6-1 to accept a settlement agreement that resolves the protracted dispute and ushers Porter out as superintendent after less than seven months on the job.

Under the agreement, Porter will be paid his salary and health insurance premiums through June 30 and Porter must reimburse the district $5,000 in disputed expenses and claims. In a separate 6-1 vote, the board voted to pay Porter’s settlement expenses totaling $71,530.

The agreement also requires Hudson to resign after about seven years on the board and rescinds the board’s earlier adoption of a series of allegations claiming Porter was involved with financial irregularities, mainly concerning his personal expenses.

Hudson offered to step down earlier this month in exchange for Porter’s resignation. Porter, who has clashed with Hudson on a variety of management issues, did not attend the meeting or the board’s executive session. Board member Wilfredo Santos Rivera, who cast each of the no votes, said he had hoped to hear from Porter at a board meeting that had been planned for Feb. 6 to consider firing the superintendent.

“He was denied his opportunity to tell his side of the story,” Rivera said. The meeting had none of the acrimony that had characterized previous meetings where Porter’s supporters spoke out against efforts to dismiss him. Porter was suspended with pay on Jan. 7. A week later the board had to suspend him again because the earlier meeting did not comply with state open meeting laws.

“Our concern at the present time is quality education in Oklahoma City,” said the Rev. John Reed, head of a coalition of black clergy that backed Porter, who is black.“I’m not disappointed in Dr. Porter at all. I’m disappointed at what has happened,” Reed said.“We have hit the rewind button. We have whitewashed everything,” said the Rev. Teron Gaddis.

Some officials have questioned whether the turmoil will affect voter sentiment on a 1-cent sales tax to pay for improvements to the Ford Center in hopes of luring an NBA team to the city. The election is planned March 4.“We want big league. But we want big league education,” Gaddis said.

Rivera said Porter’s departure will force the board to begin a new search for a superintendent. Porter, a former deputy superintendent for the 140,000-student Montgomery County public school district in Rockville, Md., was hired following a nationwide search that lasted almost one year. Sandra Park has been named acting superintendent.

Hudson reflected on his seven years on the board and “a whole series of initiatives” launched in the 35,000-student Oklahoma City school district, including the MAPS for Kids school improvement program that has resulted in construction of four new schools and renovations to 20 others.

In October, voters overwhelming approved a $248.3 million school bond package that will pay for capital improvements, new equipment and other upgrades.

School Board member Thelma Parks said she appreciated Hudson’s service on the board although “we have not always agreed on everything.”

Karried
01-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Some officials have questioned whether the turmoil will affect voter sentiment on a 1-cent sales tax to pay for improvements to the Ford Center in hopes of luring an NBA team to the city. The election is planned March 4.“We want big league. But we want big league education,” Gaddis said.

I just wish other cities had a chance to vote ... looks like this may affect the outcome, although it's hard to see why one has anything to do with the other. I just don't see the correlation... NBA or Education?

Is there something in the works that would direct the 1 cent to further education in the city if the sales tax doesn't get approved? I think I'm missing something.

metro
01-24-2008, 08:17 AM
I agree Karried. I personally don't think Porter's supporters have enough momentum to actually make much of a difference in the actual vote based on voting history (I hope my speculation is right). Less than 50% of the voting population actually votes, less than that in special elections. Now, I'm not sure what the statistics are for the NE side of town in elections, but I'm assuming they are about in line with the average or slightly below due to economic conditions. Let's not forget, we haven't seen any serioius money yet come to the opposition side of things. Hopefully, the Chamber's PRO FORD CENTER campaign will kick off soon to help shed some positive light. Either way, it is stupid to react out of anger and set back progress for future generations (which seems to be the exact opposite of what these people are trying to do). Just goes to show what irrational thinking Rev. Gaddis has made on record.

Here is Rev. Teron Gaddis' email if you want to tell him how you feel about his statements on Dr. Porter and the School Situation vs. the unrelated Ford Center vote:

pastorg@bethelfamilychurch.com

New page 1 (http://www.bethelfamilychurch.com/index.php)

jbrown84
01-24-2008, 08:53 AM
My email to him:

Rev. Gaddis,

I would like to request that you stop opposing the sales tax for the Ford Center. Please tell me how that has anything to do with education in Oklahoma City. If the proposal passes, OKC will grow and become more well known on the national scale. This means we will be able to pay our teachers more and attract better talent to both administrative and teaching positions. Sales tax revenue will increase. We will have new role models for our children to look up to. Please don't take your dissatisfaction with the Dr. Porter situation and retaliate against the wrong people. A no vote on the proposition doesn't hurt Cliff Hudson--it hurts Oklahoma City. Please consider this. Thank you.

Karried
01-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Good letter JBrown... I'll send one too.

Midtowner
01-24-2008, 09:13 AM
My email to him:

Not to mention the fact that both the NBA arena and practice facility will drive up property values, thus education's take of the ad valorem taxes will be greater.

Karried
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM
oooh, good point.. I wish I would have added that to my letter...

Your turn Midtowner... send him a note

Decious
01-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Send him all the notes that you wish, but it won't do any good. He already knows that the issues are completely unrelated. He's grandstanding and trying to stand out in the community. Us contacting him might actually light a fire under his ass and make him harp even louder in order to garner even more attention.

This "idea" was mentioned at my church on Sunday and was clearly an effort to lash out because "we" were slighted by "the man".... I called BS and everyone near my age(26) agreed w/ me. Some of the older contingent is set on being anti because they still have SERIOUS trust issues with "the man".

I'm pissed that most of the Revs are acting on this fear and wanting to march on the castle with pitchforks and no-votes in hand. Very Sharpton-like..:doh: 'nuff said.

Gaddis is being a dickhead and trying to bolster his own image by feeding on the trust issues of his older patrons...pardon my french.

Almost forgot. Nothing will come of it.

metro
01-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Well said Decious.