View Full Version : Chocolate Decadence 2008

metro
01-04-2008, 08:44 AM
It's almost the time of year again for the always popular and sold out Chocolate Decadence.

Automobile Alley • Oklahoma City (http://www.automobilealley.org/chocdec.html)

Chocolate Decadence 2008
Expects Another Sold-Out Evening

Oklahoma City - Historic Automobile Alley cordially invites you to celebrate Chocolate Decadence 2008, one of Oklahoma City’s most anticipated events and Valentine traditions. Chocolate Decadence 2008 will be held Thursday, February 7th from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m., again at 825 N. Broadway. Held in one of the coolest venues this City has to offer, the Hudson-Essex Loft Office exudes hip, urban-chic in Historic Automobile Alley. The party showcases decadent chocolate treats from premier local restaurants and caterers while featuring smooth jazz, flowing wine and champagne, gourmet coffees and the ever popular Valentine auction. Chocolate Decadence enjoyed a sold-out crowd in 2007 and the same is expected this year. Purchase your tickets early so as not to miss the most decadent event of the year!

Hosted by Automobile Alley, all proceeds from this year’s party will once again be given back to the neighborhood fondly known as the “front door to downtown.” In previous years, proceeds from Chocolate Decadence have helped fund projects such as the realignment of the 6th Street “Centennial Gateway,” installation of vintage-style neon signs and façade enhancements, as well as the purchase of fabulous street furniture that set the standard for the rest of Downtown.

“Chocolate Decadence has evolved every year to sold-out capacity as a result of the unique and wonderful offerings by the finest chocolatiers in Oklahoma City. It’s a romantic and exciting way to celebrate the evening with your valentine,” said Meg Salyer, President of Accel Financial Staffing and co-chair of the event.

This year’s event will feature chocolate delights by Bin 73, Bricktown Brewery, Brown’s Bakery, Cascata, CocoFlow - featuring rich, molten liquid cascading to chocolate ecstasy, Deep Fork Group, La Luna Mexican Café, LiT, Mickey Mantle’s Steakhouse, Museum Café, Nancy’s 57th Street Lighthouse – the 2007 People’s Choice Award Winner, Nonna’s Euro-American Ristorante & Bar, RED Prime Steak, Robert Williams Catering, Paseo Grill, The Deep Deuce Grill, Tom & Jerry’s Steak & Fish Grille, and Trattoria il Centro to name just a few.

The Chocolate Decadence auction, which is a key part of the evening, features gifts that celebrate this romantic season. One very lucky winner will walk away with a decadent bauble courtesy of Samuel Gordon Jewelers, the exclusive Chocolate Decadence jewelry sponsor. With thanks to Geno’s Furs, you’ll be able to stay warm through the end of winter with one of their exquisite offerings. Other fabulous auction items include beautiful artwork and other tantalizing items you won’t want to miss!

Event sponsors include Mercedes Benz of Oklahoma City, Samuel Gordon Jewelers, Precor Realty Advisors, BMI Systems Corporation, FERRELL OIL CO., LLC, 98.9 KISS FM, RCB Bank of Nichols Hills, SSM of Oklahoma / St. Anthony, The Journal Record, The Metro Group, Accel Financial Staffing, AT&T, Presbyterian Health Foundation, and Walker Companies.

Chocolate Decadence 2008 Tickets

Tickets to Chocolate Decadence 2008 are $50 and may be purchased at Downtown OKC > Home (http://www.downtownokc.com), Automobile Alley (http://www.automobilealley.org)
or by phoning (405) 706-7484. All tickets must be purchased in advance. Must be 21 to attend. Business attire requested.

For more information, email us at
chocolatedecadence2008@yahoo.com

http://www.automobilealley.org/images/chocdec.jpg

metro
02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Did anyone go this year? I didn't get a chance to go this year but I loved it last year!

tuck
02-12-2008, 09:35 AM
great event...best turnout yet.

Misty
02-12-2008, 02:24 PM
I didn't make it but my friends did. Said the food was AWESOME but the wine was horrible. A friend of my friends bid on and bought a porcelain bustier? I'd never even heard of such a thing.....talk about decadence....

soonerfan21
02-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I went as well and cannot believe your friends said the wine was "horrible." that's a pretty strong statement but guess they have a right to their opinion. I noticed they had added white wine in addition to the red wine and champagne and more servers at the bar.

All in all it was great - the restaurants really outdid themselves in their displays and chocolate offerings. And they had some really cool silent and live auction items - wish I could have taken home that big signed Adrian Peterson photo!

metro
02-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I didn't make it but my friends did. Said the food was AWESOME but the wine was horrible. A friend of my friends bid on and bought a porcelain bustier? I'd never even heard of such a thing.....talk about decadence....

Misty, actually the artist you are referring to is local artist and resident, Nicole Moan. Her ceramic corsets have been featured internationally and she has shown in London's Fashion Week, Las Vegas, and New York and of course, OKC. Believe it or not, but there is actually a pretty decent underground fashion scene here. You just have to know where to go and when the events are. Another big designer/company is Dead Cities Clothing, formerly Pollution Clothing.

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/5619-fashion-show-okc.html?highlight=nicole+moan

MySpace.com - Dead Cities...the new Pollution - 20 - Male - OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - www.myspace.com/pollutionclothing (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=17635600)

Dead Cities Clothing (http://deadcitiesclothing.com/)

Misty
02-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Oh Metro, any and all sarcasm is always completely lost on you...I was being facetious.

Soonerfan, my friends are wine snobs so they have higher wine standards than most. So their "horrible" might be just fine for the rest of us!

metro
02-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Misty, what are you talking about, I was just being informative, not facetious, sarcastic, ignorant or whatever else you might think. It seemed as if you weren't familiar with the popular local artist (and perhaps others aren't as well), so I was simply providing information on given topic.

Misty
02-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I know you are very passionate about the city and I appreciate that. But sometimes your “simply providing information” wears on me. Like always bashing the local media, saying you don’t read the papers yet posting every article they publish. Or anytime someone posts any news, saying you knew about it two years before the rest of us. Or posting “explanations” every time someone posts something that is meant to be sarcastic. But, we are all different people and don’t always “get” each other, such is life. Plus I am on day 8 of no cigarettes so I’m really bitchy today. My theme song today is Nazareth’s Hair of the Dog. Now, I’m off to drown my misery in Brazilian food……

FritterGirl
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
I know you are very passionate about the city and I appreciate that. But sometimes your “simply providing information” wears on me. Like always bashing the local media, saying you don’t read the papers yet posting every article they publish. Or anytime someone posts any news, saying you knew about it two years before the rest of us. Or posting “explanations” every time someone posts something that is meant to be sarcastic. But, we are all different people and don’t always “get” each other, such is life. Plus I am on day 8 of no cigarettes so I’m really bitchy today. My theme song today is Nazareth’s Hair of the Dog. Now, I’m off to drown my misery in Brazilian food……

Misty,

Lord knows I rarely agree with Metro, but truth be told, I also took the post in question at your word, and almost answered it myself. Maybe a sarcasm smiley would help. Until message boards come up with a sarcasm meter, it's the best we've got! :bright_id

jbrown84
02-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Misty, what are you talking about, I was just being informative, not facetious, sarcastic, ignorant or whatever else you might think.

She meant she was being facetious.

soonerfan21
02-15-2008, 03:19 PM
I can understand that comment coming from a wine snob, but the wine certainly was not low quality. I know the vendors that provided it, and the people who selected it so I think they both would take offense to the "horrible" comment.

But as this forum is made up of opinions - to each his own. The event has sold out the last two years, so thank goodness there aren't that many wine connoisseurs attending!

rinni
02-15-2008, 08:37 PM
It was an amazing event and I consumed approximately 6,000 calories. It was well worth the extra workouts that are now necessary!

BailJumper
02-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Only 6,000 calories? You were restraining yourself! I was probably averaging that per hour. I don't know how the wife just nibbled here and there. Good thing the Y was just around the corner, it set me back about a month of workouts.