View Full Version : Opening Night Fireworks Location????

soonerfever
12-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Does anybody know where they are going to be shooting the fireworks off from during the Opening Night Celebration? I was hoping to catch some pictures of the skyline with the fireworks. I am just wanting to position myself in the best location. Thanks guys!

Midtowner
12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
I think they usually shoot the things off the roof of the 5th street parking garage.

kevinpate
12-31-2007, 04:19 AM
Last time I went, I did a 'show up for fireworks stay in the car approach', parking east of I-35 and north of B-town, not so very far from the Beacon.

From that vantage, it looked to me like the fireworks would be as Midtowner notes, from the 5th street garage, and perhaps that other garage to the southeast of it.

Last time I was in the thick of the crowd for the ball to come down near those garages, the fireworks were nearly right on top of us. I suppose the combo of large flat surface for layout, several floors of elevation and the ability to have true access control make the top of the garages rather ideal for the task.

kmf563
12-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Mainstage area at Kerr Park. Fireworks, ball drop, and countdown from there. They are giving away the prizes there too.