View Full Version : New Penn and NW Expressway Shopping Center

mheaton76
12-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey Everybody,

I heard through the grapevine that the small strip center on the corner of Penn and NW Expressway where Beverly's Pancake Corner, and the furniture store will be demolished to make way for a new retail area. Has anyone else heard news along these lines?

Also, I heard Talbot's would relocate from their current spot in 50 Penn to that location. The new bank construction on that spot has been moving along quickly, and I wonder if Pier 1 wouldn't be on the chopping block at some point.

Losing Talbot's would be a loss to 50 Penn, but with no windows on the retail area floors, I imagine retail will shift away more and more from 50 Penn at some point...

New to the site and have been enjoying the conversation threads.

Thanks!
Michael

redcup
12-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I have heard that it will be a women's clothing retail spot....not sure which one.

:sofa:

Comm'l Real Estate Guy
12-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Talbot's is moving to that corner, and it's a huge loss for 50 Penn.

Beverly's is moving to the NW corner of Indepence & NW Expressway, so it's not moving far. Not sure about OK Discount Furniture...

soonergal
12-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Isn't that the corner where Madison Pancake House is? Are they leaving?

Martin
12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
unless i'm thinking of a different place, madison pancake house is on the corner of nw expressway and independence. beverly's is a different corner, across from penn square mall. -M

solitude
12-29-2007, 05:23 PM
unless i'm thinking of a different place, madison pancake house is on the corner of nw expressway and independence. beverly's is a different corner, across from penn square mall. -M

Hi m, Actually that's clarified in the third post. That person says Beverly's will be moving from NW Expressway and Penn to NW Expressway and Independence. But, as soonergal said, that's where Madison's is. Maybe the Commercial Real Estate guy that posted can fill us in on the scoop with that.

Martin
12-29-2007, 08:04 PM
oops. that's what i get for not reading the whole thread. -M

jbrown84
01-01-2008, 04:34 PM
They bought Madison's and will convert it to Beverly's. Soonerj went there and got that straight from the waitress last week.

jacodenn
01-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Re you related to any Heaton's in California?

Turanacus
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
that bank sucks, i wish they would use that strip of land for something that will help it reach its potential.

stupid bank stupid att store stupid pier 1 and ugly strip center for duncan bros. etc.

i'm not debbie downer, just sayin, that should all be NEW upscale shopping. Penn Square should be associated with Classy.