View Full Version : Jones High School burned...

sentrymechanic
12-23-2007, 05:46 PM
What do you think they should be doing at this point? Insurance is not paying at this time due to the cause of the fire not being determined.

Midtowner
12-26-2007, 07:01 AM
They should be absorbed by Edmond Schools.

That'd be the most efficient thing to do.

Of course, the superintendent, etc. would probably not want to do something that efficient. Ending the life of one of Oklahoma's 500+ school districts just wouldn't do.

sentrymechanic
12-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Thats a pretty good distance for edmond to absorb for school district. I figure they will rebuild but if that process goes anything like the fire did, they have a long road to go...

Martin
12-27-2007, 05:34 AM
while i'm all for school district consolidation, i also think edmond/jones would be a bit too far. jones/choctaw? that would seem more reasonable, imo.

-M

Midtowner
12-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I have little sympathy for driving a distance to school... I grew up in the far NE portion of Edmond. I went to high school at Bishop McGuinness, 30+ minutes in rush hour traffic every day.

It'd be about the same distance for Jones kids to go to Santa Fe.

But yeah, Choctaw would work as well. Heck.. you could combine Choctaw/Jones/Harrah into a pretty decent school district.

I'll bet by doing so, the state would save $1M+ per year.

bandnerd
12-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Jones/Luther maybe? How close are those two?

I don't see a reason to combine Jones and Harrah...now maybe McLoud and Harrah...that'd piss some people off lol. Big rivalry.

bandnerd
12-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh, and Mid...you CHOSE to drive that far to school, or rather, maybe your parents chose for you?

sentrymechanic
12-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Choctaw would have to expand alot to take on that many students. They have enough problems with the ones they have.