View Full Version : Mayor Cornett NBA Press Conference today?

metro
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
So I took a late lunch today. I was watching iVillage about an hour ago and they interrupted it with a "breaking news story" saying that Mayor Cornett plans on having an NBA press conference shortly and what he needs us to do as a city to prepare for the NBA. That's all the details I heard on KFOR. Anyone else know anything more?

BDP
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
He must be stumping for the arena improvements. I could be wrong, but I bet the first time we hear of anything definite about the Sonics, it won't be coming from the mayor. That'll come from Stern, Bennett, or some judge in Washington.

kmf563
12-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't see anything about it. When is this conference supposed to happen?

metro
12-20-2007, 02:19 PM
He must be stumping for the arena improvements. I could be wrong, but I bet the first time we hear of anything definite about the Sonics, it won't be coming from the mayor. That'll come from Stern, Bennett, or some judge in Washington.

That's what I was thinking. This may be his start of grandstanding for a new arena as part of MAPS3. I agree, I think the Stern or Bennett will be the first we hear anything definite although I'm sure Mick's in on the behind the scenes with these guys just like they have been all along.

As far as when the press conference is kmf, I don't know, hence my original post. I went to KFOR and KOCO and saw nothing on the website. As I mentioned, I heard it on KFOR about 1:30pm or so and they said here shortly this afternoon, and that's all they said as far as a reference to when. It was Kent or Kelly Ogle or whichever Ogle clone that works for KFOR.