View Full Version : Oklahoma City Bike Rental

OKC Rides
12-14-2007, 08:19 AM
My husband and I are starting a bike rental business in Oklahoma City, OKC Rides and the website is OKC Rides (http://www.okcrides.com). Other than having bike riding weather, we have everything else in place and are ready to rent bikes. We welcome any suggestions and/or advice for our new business.
We look forward to providing Oklahoma City residents and visitors with a bike rental service.

Sincerely,
OKC Rides

ultimatesooner
12-14-2007, 09:14 AM
thats cool that someone is willing to provide this service for okc, I hope that your business prospers

Karried
12-14-2007, 09:25 AM
That is cool. I've always wanted to try the bikes at the Zoo.. they look fun.

You might try partnering with some Food/Drink establishments along some routes in the area and share coupons and discounts.

Do you provide Locks/Chains should someone want to hop off for a cold drink?

metro
12-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Glad to see this. I've been thinking about starting a company like this for quite a while. Glad to see you all enter the market. We despirately need this service and will continue to need more of it! Can't wait until the UN gets more bike racks installed downtown in the spring to early summer.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-14-2007, 11:52 PM
The United Nations is coming to Oklahoma City? AND BRINGING BIKE RACKS?

Sweet!

Bikes at the zoo would rock until somebody pulled a double-gainer into the hyena enclosure.

I always wanted to rollerblade the San Diego Zoo. Or street luge. That place has some killer hills.

Karried
12-14-2007, 11:55 PM
That place has some killer hills.

You're not kidding.. a day at the Zoo there turnes into the Iron Man competition in no time.. it's huge!

I love that place.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-14-2007, 11:58 PM
I can't even go there any more without using all of their "help". The long conveyor belts, tour wagons, etc. My knees are so bad, walking up one of their hills lands me on the couch for two days.

I need to get those fixed. Again. :(

Karried
12-15-2007, 12:03 AM
I need to get those fixed. Again

Do it now while you have decent insurance.

My knees are shot too .. I used to ski and I'm pretty sure that is what did it .. and an overzealous bike and squat routine in my exercise classes.

Do you like Sea World?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Mine is from oh...Running up and down mountains, running on steel decks, snowboarding, jumping out of helicopters, motorcycles, ATV's, bicycles, genetics, you name it. About half military stuff, half personal hobbies, and half family predispositions.

Yeah, Seaworld was nice too. I think I'm going to go back out to California twice this year...You wouldn't happen to know the best time of year to see the Redwoods would you? I never got up there to see them and it's on my list of things to do.

Sorry about the threadjack OKC Rides. It's a bad habit of mine. I'll come rent a bike and put it in the back of my truck for a couple of hours to pay you back :)

Karried
12-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Well, when you go see the redwoods, be sure to rent a bike. lol

Northern California is so beautiful..don't make me homesick! I prefer Spring .. but then again Summer is awesome too ( quick trip to the beach!).. and Fall has beautiful foliage, yet Winter ( camping with campfires under the trees) is always wonderful too.. darn, I'm homesick!

Seriously, Spring/Early Summer - but Redwoods are gorgeous anytime. Hit Napa Valley and try to pick up a White water rafting trip along the way and then go North along the coast.. and if you rent a bike, don't forget to get biking tips from OKC Rides!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Thanks :) I'm probably going the first time around March/April, so that should work out nicely.

I was in LA/Malibu/Santa Monica this past year. Had a blast.

BailJumper
12-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Hmmm, no pics on the Web site. Do they rent the carriage style bikes (like at the zoo)? That would be awesome for a family or out of town guests. If not, we might do the tandem bikes in the spring.

OKC Rides
12-16-2007, 09:56 AM
WOW! Thanks for all of the replies and the views!!!! Your support and suggestions are very much appreciated! Please keep ‘em coming.

BailJumper, no we currently do not have any carriage style bikes. As soon as the weather permits, we will take the bikes downtown and/or to Lake Hefner to get some pictures to post on the website.

PS) No worries on the threadjack Oh GAWD the Smell! :-)

dalelakin
12-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Not that you said you were looking while googling carrige bikes but I came upon these should you be interested. Still not sure what a carriage bike is? These?

Unassembled Brand new Pedicab, taxi bike, carriage bike, rickshaw (http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/498793203.html)

OKC Rides
03-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi,

It has been awhile since I announced that OKC Rides is a new bike rental business in Oklahoma City so I thought that I would let everyone know that we are still here and ready to rent bikes :-) Please visit our updated website, OKC Rides (http://www.okcrides.com) for more information.

Sincerely,
OKC Rides

metro
03-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Do you have a stand where you are renting these out from? How are the bikes getting to the people or the people getting to the bikes?

kmf563
03-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Yes, I would like to rent bikes this summer. Do you have kid bikes? And I too would like to know where we get them and how.

OKC Rides
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
We currently take reservations and deliver the equipment to/pick up from your desired riding location. We hope to be able to eventually get a place downtown but we are starting slow.

We have 24" youth bikes. We also have a trailer which can hold up to 2 children, 100lb weight limit and child carriers for ages 1-4, 40lb weight limit. My husband and I have had many discussions about how young we are comfortable renting to but obviously we want to meet the needs of our customers. What is the age range of your children?

Thank you for your interest!