View Full Version : Made in Oklahoma!!

Patrick
07-24-2004, 10:04 PM
What are some of your most favorite "Made in Oklahoma" products.

I know most of us would probably say Braum's Ice Cream!

I'd also have to say Head Country BBQ sauce, out of good ole Ponca City!!! The flvor is hard to beat. Only complaint I have is that it's kind of thin and watery, but the taste makes up for it!!!

Are there any other Made in Oklahoma Products you like? Restaurants can be included!!!!

Nuclear_2525
07-24-2004, 10:36 PM
Rib Crib! :D :D

floater
07-25-2004, 04:38 AM
Speaking Braum's, its burgers and fries
Applewoods apple fritters

HOT ROD
07-26-2004, 07:06 PM
LEO's BBQ on the Eastside. MMmmmm

Patrick
07-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Leos BBQ is definitely good! Good ole NE 36th and Kelly. I graduated from Northeast High School right up the street, so I'm very familiar with Leos. Great stuff!

Bob's BBQ in Ada is also very good!!!

Of course Watonga cheese is another to add to the list.

Interesting that floater mentioned Braum's burgers and fries because they're probably my favorite out of any in the city. I always vote for them in the Reader's Choice Awards! Johnnies always wins out though....but Johnnies is good too!

okcpulse
07-26-2004, 09:52 PM
I tried Huebert's Old Tyme Lager, brewed right here in Oklahoma City. It has a taste and body similar to Corona Extra, but a smooth finish and good after taste. And the best part, it's strong beer. You'll feel it after a couple. Pick up a six pack for a good price at Cellar Wine & Spirits and Stevie's Bargain Liquor, the two places I shop for beer and wine.

Patrick
07-26-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm not a beer fan, but my dad is (he's from Germany) so I'lldefinitely tell him to give it a shot.

I guess you can add Bricktown Brewery Beer types as a Made in Oklahoma item a lot of people enjoy as well!

metro
05-18-2007, 10:22 AM
In light of our state's Centennial AND all the recent discussion regarding local retailer Braums, I thought I would revive this thread. Next time you're headed to the grocery store, please consider supporting our local economy and purchase products made in Oklahoma. For more information or products visit:

Made in Oklahoma - Good for You, Good for Oklahoma (http://www.miocoalition.com/)

soonergirl
05-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Iron Head Salsa! It's unbelievably good.

OkieKAS
05-21-2007, 11:48 AM
What are some of your most favorite "Made in Oklahoma" products

:omg: MY 3 kids, of course !!!!! :LolLolLol

kmf563
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Hiland dairy. Their milk stays fresh longer and their sour cream is thick and yummy!

I also like Field's pecan pies. Has anybody ever visited this place and had a fresh pie? It's so freakin good! :bow:

CCOKC
05-21-2007, 12:01 PM
I like to visit Crescent Market and get the MIO products they sell there. I especially like the Soup Soup vegetable tamales. I am a vegetarian and these are some of the only tamales I can eat. But they also sell Prairie Gypsies, Pioneer Pies and other MIO products.

drum4no1
05-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Whistling Chef salsa good stuff.

kmf563
05-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Whistling Chef salsa good stuff.

Where do you get this?

jpeaceokc
05-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Here are a few of my favorite made in Oklahomia items. . .

Walnut Creek Farms grass-fed ground beef, Wagon Creek Creamery yogurt, Christian Cheese (that's a family name! not a religious affiliation), Crestview Farms certified organic vegetables, Earth Element's Farm cookies, Persimmon Hill Farm breads, Granny's pies. . . available through the Oklahoma Food Cooperative or at some farmers' markets.

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma Food Cooperative - Local Food, Local Farmers - Farmer's Market, Natural, organic, health, sustainable, locally grown, meat, vegetables, nuts, produce, bread (http://www.oklahomafood.coop)

drum4no1
05-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Where do you get this?

I have only seen it in Crest foods.

oSutrooper
05-25-2007, 09:12 PM
The garden club label is made here in OKC as well as the mustard for wal mart the great value brand.

bandnerd
05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
If I had more than just my and my husband's mouth to feed, that co-op thing would be such a great deal.

As it is, I go to the Farmer's Market as often as I can (Downtown on Wednesdays!) to get home-grown goodness for my kitchen. You can't beat Stratford Peaches in July. Georgia ain't got nuthin' on us.

metro
05-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Here are a few of my favorite made in Oklahomia items. . .

Walnut Creek Farms grass-fed ground beef, Wagon Creek Creamery yogurt, Christian Cheese (that's a family name! not a religious affiliation), Crestview Farms certified organic vegetables, Earth Element's Farm cookies, Persimmon Hill Farm breads, Granny's pies. . . available through the Oklahoma Food Cooperative or at some farmers' markets.

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma Food Cooperative - Local Food, Local Farmers - Farmer's Market, Natural, organic, health, sustainable, locally grown, meat, vegetables, nuts, produce, bread (http://www.oklahomafood.coop)

I agree, I usually get Wagon Creek yogurt and or butter as well as Christian Cheese at the downtown farmer's market when I can

jpeaceokc
05-27-2007, 07:53 PM
I agree, I usually get Wagon Creek yogurt and or butter as well as Christian Cheese at the downtown farmer's market when I can

I made some pudding tonight using Wagon Creek cream and it was very good.

3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups milk (that's what the recipe said, I used 1 cup WC cream and 1 cup water)
2 eggs
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly, add the milk and mix until there are no more lumps, then add the 2 beaten eggs and mix thoroughly. Put in a double boiler and stir until it thickens (not long). Take off the heat, add the vanila, and mxi. Let cool a bit and enjoy! Instead of cocoa, you could add some pineapple, or bananas, or butterscotch flavoring.

WC cream is so sweet when you beat it for whipped cream there's no need to add sugar.

jpeaceokc
05-27-2007, 07:55 PM
If I had more than just my and my husband's mouth to feed, that co-op thing would be such a great deal. As it is, I go to the Farmer's Market as often as I can (Downtown on Wednesdays!) to get home-grown goodness for my kitchen. You can't beat Stratford Peaches in July. Georgia ain't got nuthin' on us.

The coop has no minimum orders. If all you want is one pound of hamburger, you can order just one pound of pastured all grass fed and finished ground beef. Or 1 tub of yogurt from Wagon Creek.

You can also buy a whole steer, and have it processed to your specifications, if you want a LOT of meat.

mburlison
05-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Griffin's Syrup - Griffin's Foods Muskogee, OK :).

SouthsideSooner
05-28-2007, 06:30 AM
Metores Old Russian Vodka is made in downtown OKC and is the only spirit disstilled in the state.

I'd put it up against any vodka in the market.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-29-2007, 06:12 AM
Metores Old Russian Vodka is made in downtown OKC and is the only spirit disstilled in the state.

Says you.

They always underestimate my sneakiness.

:D

bandnerd
05-29-2007, 06:16 AM
You can also buy a whole steer, and have it processed to your specifications, if you want a LOT of meat.

I saw that! The price was really good, too!

Martin
05-29-2007, 06:23 AM
i should've been keeping up with this thread... i'll second the vote for ironhead salsa... that's the best store-bought brand, imo.

-M

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-29-2007, 06:31 AM
I'll second the Head Country BBQ sauce.

I order it by the case directly from them. I'll put the hot and spicy BBQ they make on everything from pizza to ham sandwiches to rice to...:bright_id ...ribs.

rugbybrado
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
York HVAC units...what, they are real quiet.