View Full Version : Sit down tie yourself to your desk chair and click.....

oneforone
12-07-2007, 09:15 PM
OH MY GOD THERE MIGHT BE AN ICE STORM THIS WEEKEND!!!!

EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS TIPS

1. BUY EVERYTHING EDIBLE AT EVERY STORE WITHIN TEN MILES OF YOUR HOME.

2. FILL YOUR BATHUB, SWIMMING POOL, AND EVERY DRINKING GLASS IN YOUR HOME WITH WATER.

3. TURN EVERY TELEVISION AND RADIO IN YOUR HOME TO LOCAL WEATHER COVERAGE.

4. WRAP YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES IN DUCT TAPE.

5. IF YOU MUST DRIVE DURING THE STORM. DRIVE AS FAST AS YOU CAN. IGNORE ALL TRAFFIC LAWS.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER STAY CALM AND STAY TUNED.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-07-2007, 09:56 PM
My preparations consist of the following.

PANIC.

But the duct tape idea sounds intriguing.

Karried
12-07-2007, 10:13 PM
LOL!

Check
Check
Check
Check

You forgot the most important part of all... the Gary England Drinking Game.. modified for ICE STORMS of course... this is the way I play:

For every drop of freezing rain - slam a Hot Toddy

hee hee...

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-07-2007, 10:20 PM
During tornado season, you have to slam a beer every time Gary says Pottawattamie. I swear it's his favorite county. There could be a hook echo in the panhandle, and he'd figure out a way of working Pottawattamie in there somewhere.

Karried
12-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Actually, now that you mention it, you've inspired me. I'm adding a new rule to my new game.

How many Hot Toddies will it take before I can no longer pronounce ' Pottawattamie' ?

I'm guessing three.

Feel free to steal my ideas.

And also substitute Kahlua and Coffee if you must. ( But, you have to add Whipped Cream to that, don't ask why, it's my game, my rules) lol..

FRISKY
12-08-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm ready! I have candles, ropes and duct tape.

It is amazing how people in OKC freak when it rains and even more astonishing how they go absolutely berserk when the precipitation is frozen. The television weather forecasters fall right into place with the whole “shocking news at 10” approach of the current news media.

Karried
12-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Yes, it's amazing to watch - especially Rick Mitchell.

Last year, I was at Sam's Club and their $700 Generators were flying out the door in advance of a huge storm. ( I can see this if you live way out in the boonies but this was in N.OKC/ Edmond!).

Sam's had a sign
'Absolutely No Returns'.

This was right before Christmas and I couldn't help but think how strapped people already were at this time.

Anyway, the storm never came.

Well, at least now they have generators for this impending storm of doom.

It's always pretty funny to watch out my front window when it is icy - at the end of my cul-de-sac there is a slight hill- cars can't make it up and spend the next few hours trying to creep up only to slide back down (again and again).

The only way out of the addition is to go up two hills. They are really tiny but it's enough for the cars to just come sliding back down and frankly, very entertaining to watch (as long as they don't hit the other stupid driver trying to follow him up the hill - usually at that point, they are in reverse and scrambling to get out of the way!).

Like I said, pretty funny until I'm the one trying to drive out... ha,ha.

( No way, I am afraid of ice and won't drive in it for anything! Well, that is true, unless I run out of Hot Toddies).

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-08-2007, 08:37 AM
lol...Videotape that action.

There are sites out there that pay for crap like that.

CuatrodeMayo
12-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I live within 1 mile of 2 grocery stores, a walmart and numerous restaurants, retail, and whatever else. I'm not worried.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I live within 1 mile of 2 grocery stores, a walmart and numerous restaurants, retail, and whatever else. I'm not worried.

Wouldn't that be nice.

I live in the middle of a pretty dang big neighborhood, and I've got a 15 minute drive to the closest grocery store.

I AM JACK'S SUBURBAN SPRAWL.

ultimatesooner
12-08-2007, 11:18 AM

pretty much the same here, plus I can walk to 2 convience stores, a subway, sonic, or carl's jr and a dollar general in less than 5 minutes.

Heck, I might even get the mountain bike out and play in the snow/ice

Misty
12-08-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm ready! I have candles, ropes and duct tape.

Your storm kit sounds like Oh GAWD's date kit.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
12-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Your storm kit sounds like Oh GAWD's date kit.
Now THAT'S Comedy Gold!

Karried
12-08-2007, 04:13 PM
That is hilarious!

But, you forgot the chloroform ...

Speaking of our impending ice storm.. I found some awesome sleds at Sam's Club. People were buying them up so if anyone's interested, check them out before they are all gone. $26 bucks, pretty sturdy and appear to go very fast.