View Full Version : Welcome To The Red P_ _ _ _ Era

The Old Downtown Guy
11-30-2007, 01:34 PM
I was having some drinks with a few friends at the Red Piano Bar in the Skirvin last night and enjoying some really fine music. I mentioned that I had done some work in the new Red Pin bowling center/restaurant/bar in Bricktown when we realized that the Red Pin was the third Red P - whatever, built in OKC in the past year. The first being the Red Piano Bar followed by the Red Prime Steakhouse and now completing the trifecta . . . the Red Pin. I guess an argument could be made that the Red Cup started the whole thing years ago and the next workable name just happened to start with a P and we may just be in the Red )fill in the blank) era rather that the Red P era. I know for sure that these kinds of conversations usually begin shortly after the waitress brings the third round. I'm not sure what this signals for the future or if this trend will start to taper off and if we have seen the last of the Red Ps for a while. But I'm damned sure there are plenty of unused Red Ps just lurking out there waiting for their chance.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
And who could forget the Red Dog?

BDP
11-30-2007, 02:35 PM
And if you have Red P after a visit to the Red Dog, see a doctor and get rid of it.

wsucougz
11-30-2007, 02:38 PM
And who could forget the Red Dog?

I forget I was there every time.

MadMonk
11-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I forget I was there every time.
Or at least wish you could forget. That place is nasty (and not in the good way). :D

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-30-2007, 11:51 PM
The owner of the Red Dog opened a sports bar/strip bar/all-in-one place a few years back. Hot Rods/Lookers. I worked as a bouncer there for about two weeks.

SLEEEEZY.