View Full Version : MMORPG's

MasterWolf
12-01-2004, 06:43 PM
There is a new MMORPG coming in early 2005 called "GuildWars". It looks like a great game from the screenshots and the info about it. Best of all, They promised NO MONTHLY subscription fees to play. To check out all the information about this upcoming MMORPG, you can goto www.guildwars.com.

I played the Star Wars Galaxies: Empire Divided online game, but I kind of quit it for awhile. Anybody else on these forums play any MMORPG's?

mranderson
12-01-2004, 07:12 PM
What is a MMORPG?

MasterWolf
12-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game. Sorry about that.

Midtowner
12-02-2004, 06:27 AM
I played Ultima Online for about 2 years. Was actually a volunteer coordinator for a "region" (that means about 4 different game servers) for official volunteers that helped new players get acclimated.

Was kind of fun, but I don't ever want to get back into MMORPG's. They are the devil.

sella35
12-02-2004, 02:30 PM
I got in on a beta test weekend of GuildWars and it was fun.Graphics were very nice. The class choices were good and grouping was fun, unless someone accidently zoned, then your entire group zones! But it was a fun game and if it is free then I will be planning to play it during what little spare time I have.

Currently, I am a guild leader of a guild that has been on EverQuest since April 11, 1999. Golden Eagle Trading Company on Tarew Marr server.

Our guild just expanded to EQ2 and to WoW (World of Warcraft). It is hard to juggle 3 games but I plan to do it for as long as we have guild members wanting to play all 3 games.

I will have to let our guild know if there isn't a monthly fee for guildwars. But from what I had heard was that it would be about the same monthly as the other games. (15.00 a month).

I really haven't looked into it since that open beta weekend. But thanks for the post and I will definitely check it out!

sella35
12-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Ohh, I just went to the FAQ's and no monthly fees! NICE!!

I think that Drifter_Afloat has a guild that is playing guildwars. I hate to speak for someone I do not know, but it seems I recall him saying that his guild was planning to be a part of this game.

MasterWolf
12-02-2004, 04:54 PM
That is awesome Sella!! How do you find the time for 3 online games? LOL. Like I said before, I played Star Wars Galaxies for about 1 year and a half but decided to quit because it was pretty much doing the same thing over and over again. got kinda old. Guild Wars looks very interesting and I might even give it try, (no subscription fees, I like that). At least, that is what the website promises. I also have been looking at City of heroes. That looks great as well.

I actually bought the everquest game when it first came out but never played it online. Never had the time, so now it just sits there collecting dust. LOL!!

Floating_adrift
12-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Ohh, I just went to the FAQ's and no monthly fees! NICE!!

I think that Drifter_Afloat has a guild that is playing guildwars. I hate to speak for someone I do not know, but it seems I recall him saying that his guild was planning to be a part of this game.

lol Drifter_afloat. I think I like that version better ;)

The team I run with in these MMOGs are playing WoW currently and GW at release. They are a lot of fun once you get past the levelling grind and can get into the end-game PvP. I just can't stand the level grind, and because of that, (thankfully) it keeps the amount of time I play to a minimum.

But yeah, exploring these 'worlds' is quite entertaining in holodeck kind of way, especially when it's on about (gulp) $15,000 worth of gear ;)

sella35
12-04-2004, 05:30 AM
Sorry Floating .. I didn't save your username and was going off an old blonde head of mine:(

My guild is playing WoW on Central Standard Time Server....... Whisperwind server. The game would not take our actual guild name because it's too long, so we shortened it to our acro name of GETCo. We have a nice round group of players there.

We also got going in EQ2 which is the better game in my opinion. We play on the role-play server Antonio Bayle as "Golden Eagle Trading Company".

Our guild is a true family style with no raid pressures. We are in EQ on Tarew Marr since April 11, 1999. We did lose about 15 members when WoW and EQ2 started from our EQ guild, but we still have the members on other games.... our guild count went from 927 on the guild tool to 912 members as of tonight, on EQ1.

Thats not an actual number of members, but with alts. Our actual number is now standing at 580 members.That is not with any new members as of Oct. 30, but it does count us losing members as of tonight.

If you are into Sony games, they did an interview with me for the magazine. Actually, did an interview with my family as we have 3 generations of gamers online in EQ. My mom, me, brother, both sisters, niece and nephews and lots of cousins are EQ players..and we do any beta testing we can.

If you ever want to know about our guild you can go to www.goldeneagletradingcompany.com

My guild name is Tarra.