View Full Version : New to the forum, employment thread?

BradR
11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I didn't know if there was an employment forum on here, but I figured I'd post it up here.

I live in Purcell, so Norman or the far south side would be preferable. I am looking for a new career. I've been in the car sales business for about 4 years and would like to put my computer science degree to better use. (even though I've forgotten pretty much any programming I learned way back when)

I am open to any suggestions or ideas for employment in this area!

Superhyper
11-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Well, I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for, but I know the University's IT department is hiring some full-timers right now. You might check out jobs.ou.edu if you're interested! ( I know this because I work for IT...so I guarantee it to be at least semi-reliable :D )

CMSturgeon
11-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Try out the good ol' JobsOK | NewsOK (http://www.jobsok.com)... I also used to work for a place that WAS hiring for IT, not sure if they still are. Orthopedic Institute | (http://www.ortho-ok.com)

BradR
11-29-2007, 09:53 AM
I have searched through them all and applied to quite a few, and even made follow up calls

I'm just impatient i think

BradR
12-05-2007, 04:49 PM
still looking, it sure would be nice to find a job in Purcell!

CMSturgeon
12-06-2007, 09:19 AM
The hospital doesn't need any IT?

EX3MKT
01-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Does it have to be in computer science? Based on your car sales experience, sales may be a natural for you. I have an MBA in engineering and technology management but I am a publisher and business consultant in areas of operations. if interested in ad sales for a magazine, I may have a position for you if we can agree on terms.

Midtowner
01-03-2008, 09:42 PM
You ought to contact a temp service. I have a friend who owns an IT consulting firm. He hires all of his people through Express.

I understand that in IT, it's very hard to find really good help. He's had decent luck finding permanent folks through Express.

Best of luck.

Bob&Frank&Ted&Bob&Alice
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
If you're up on your Greek and Latin, I was told you might
have a good chance at getting a job in admitting at Integris.