View Full Version : DVD-Navigation

Karried
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations for a business that sells and installs DVD tvs (installs in headrests) and Navigation/Stereo systems in a vehicle - in Northern OKC or Edmond area?

Reasonable prices, good customer/warranty service?

FRISKY
11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
PM sent...

*I don't know anything about the business selling the DVD players.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Depending on what kind of car you have...The factory probably has some plug-n-play setups that are quite reasonable.

And do you want a full-on navigation system or just a DVD player?

I've had good luck with Audio Plus for stuff I need when I HAVE to buy locally (electronics are cheaper online). But I do all my own stereo stuff, so the only install I've ever used them for was window tint. They know what they're doing, and they've got quite a few stores, so you'd probably be safe with them. They've also got a location right there on Broadway.

Another option would be Audio Midwest. Those guys REALLY know their stuff.

Karried
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks, well we were planning a long road trip over the Christmas holiday and my vehicle has a DVD player but the 4x4 we'd take doesn't have it.

( Two kids- 48 hours in a truck - a must have.)

So. we were thinking of adding a system with TV's in the headrests and GPS Navigation.

Seriously, though, I might veto the road trip and go to Cancun instead ( probably cheaper than the system!).

Hey, I have my passports!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Heck...Just buy a laptop. Bigger screen, free wifi in lots of places during your trip, and 1000x more things to do on it other than watch movies. You can also take it out of the truck and into the hotel room/house with you, less chance of it getting stolen.

Plus, you can get a decent laptop cheaper than what a full-on Nav + rear seat entertainment package will cost AND your money invested in it doesn't drive off when you trade the car in.

Just a thought :D

Karried
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Good idea, but we're looking for a hard wire for a Sirius Satellite system as well .. plus we have three people trying to watch the same flick on one laptop and I'm in the front seat ... ??? That's a brawl waiting to happen lol

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-29-2007, 11:32 PM
So you want an in DASH movie screen? You'll probably have to sign some sort of waiver, as it's illegal in some states to have a video screen in view of the driver.

Most of the aftermarket in-dash DVD players will not play DVD's while the vehicle is out of park unless you basically bypass the safety. Some shops won't even bypass this for you, citing safety and liability reasons.

Click here (http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=170350&i=030A1F0001&tp=80)for dual headrests ($1500 uninstalled) that are run off of one DVD player (built into one of them).

Karried
11-30-2007, 07:06 AM
yes, I've been thinking about that too. (The dash liability). The one I currently have is a pull down in the center of the two front seats ( placed back behind the driver's seat of course).

I think the dual headrests will be the best bet.. but Ford has it so the headrests won't come out and you have to have them cut to fit custom.. of course, it can't be easy.

Thanks for the info.... I could easily take a laptop and watch in the front seat ( good idea) and the kids can have the headrests in the back and hubby has his Sirius in the front..

ahhh, the togetherness of a family vacation lol.

BradR
11-30-2007, 08:10 AM
it's VERY easy to bypass the security feature on the in dash screens..not that i'm saying go for it...just saying it's very easy

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-30-2007, 08:16 AM
it's VERY easy to bypass the security feature on the in dash screens..not that i'm saying go for it...just saying it's very easy

Very easy for you and me maybe. But not for somebody that's not comfortable pulling their radio out of their dash. :D