View Full Version : Doug's Pride Not Going Unnoticed

Steve
11-15-2007, 09:23 PM
For any of you who don't know Doug Loudenback, he truly loves his hometown and has created a great web site that celebrates Oklahoma City and Oklahoma history. Earlier this year he created a slide show to accomodate the Centennial song "Oklahoma Rising."
Today I spent my afternoon at school with my son and as part of the festivities every student in the kindergarten classes viewed Doug's video.
Doug, the kids really enjoyed it. You should be very proud of your creation. In a city that 20 years ago suffered a huge lack of self esteem, you are helping ensure that the next generation shares your hometown pride.
-Steve

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Excellent!

Doug Loudenback
11-16-2007, 03:32 AM
Thanks, Steve. That's such a nice message ... aw, shucks!:Smiley112 You know, Steve, that it's not nice to make an old man cry so early in the morning ... nah, please feel free to start (and make) my day anytime! :dizzy:

soonerfan21
11-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Steve should get kudos, too, for some great writing. Always well researched and asks pointed questions . . .

Karried
11-16-2007, 07:07 AM
What a nice thing to read so early this morning!

:congrats: Yes, DougDawg is Da Man!

He's always been a treasured and much loved member of this forum.

His passion for Oklahoma, the Honeybees (lol) and life in general is a wonderful thing!

((( Doug Hug ))) :bow:

wsucougz
11-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Hear, hear!

Doug's a jolly good fellow.

Pete
11-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Doug is a genuine asset to Oklahoma City.

We all appreciate your great work, Doug!

Doug Loudenback
11-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks, all of you!

I've received a couple of e-mails (generated by this thread, by the way) of people who want to use the file off of the internet ... which is fine by me ... the flash file, as well as instructions about running it off-line, are here:

Doug Dawgz Blog: Oklahoma Rising (http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/2006/12/oklahoma-rising.html)

Enjoy the day!

CCOKC
11-16-2007, 12:08 PM
I want to add my two cents in congratulating you Doug and say how much I appreciate all of your hard work. The first time I saw your video of Oklahoma Rising it brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat. It was forwarded to me by my mother who didn't even know of your website so I am not sure who sent it to her but it surely has been around. Keep up the good work.

solitude
11-16-2007, 12:40 PM
I agree with all of the above. I hope Doug turns his website and blog into a book one day. Great job Doug!

Karried
11-16-2007, 12:44 PM
I just watched it again... gives me goosebumps every time!

OKCDrummer77
11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Doug, I love looking through the Hornets pics on your site. I'm actually in a couple of them, during the second regular season game. A friend of a co-worker who had floor seats couldn't use them that night. Knowing that I love sports, she asked if I wanted to go. Uh, YEAH!

Misty
11-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Doug is a wonderful, wonderful man! I've had the pleasure of spending some time with him. Doug tells it like it is and I love that! We need to get together for a cocktail soon Doug, I miss ya!

Doug Loudenback
11-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks, Misty! I'd wanted to attend the last UN get together but it conflicted with another event (an annual one, so I gave it priority) ... keep me on your UN list!

And, Drummer, if you can identify the pics you mean, I may have larger versions still ... not sure since I've had a couple of hard drive crashes since the 1st season's pics were taken ... but if I still have "original" images (I always downsize images that that I post) I'll be glad to e-mail them to you. If you right-click on an image and select "Properties", that will identify the file name ...

OKCDrummer77
11-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Thank you, Doug. I sent you a PM with the file names.

Doug Loudenback
11-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Sorry, Drummer, I looked but the originals of all my pre-July 2006 pics were lost in a hard drive single-computer-fatality in Mesta Park in July 2006!

OKCDrummer77
11-27-2007, 12:10 PM
No problem, Doug. I appreciate the offer, anyway.