View Full Version : Quail and Penn Macy's Stores Get Facelifts

oneforone
11-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Two Macy's stores in city malls upgrade to company's image

From Newsok.com

NewsOK: Two Macy's stores in city malls upgrade to company's image (http://newsok.com/article/3168855/1195013262)

By Trisha Evans
Business Editor

Two Oklahoma City Macy's stores recently got facelifts, finally shedding their former Foley's image.

Now, the remodeled stores in Penn Square Mall and Quail Springs Mall are living up to Macy's image, store managers say.

"One of the things we've heard from customers as they've seen these changes is, ‘Wow, we really look like a Macy's,'” said Angie White, Penn Square store manager. "It looks like a new store.”

She said women's shoes, fashion, sportswear, accessories, handbags, children's, men's, furnishings and cosmetics have all been upgraded, expanded or revamped in some way.

In September 2006, 450 Foley's stores received the Macy's name, including the stores at Penn Square, Quail Springs and Crossroads malls. It was a huge undertaking and the remodels are a continuation of that, White said.

"This is one in a series of investments that the company is doing in many, many stores. There's a long-term process that will go on,” she said. "Yes, we became Macy's, but when you take 450 stores and become Macy's in the course of a year, that does not just stop.”

Interior walls were removed from the Penn Square store to give customers a more inviting shopping atmosphere. The more spacious store also gives customers a better view of the merchandise.

"You can see from one side of the store to the next,” she said.
New vendors were also added in nearly every department, White said.
At Quail Springs, the changes are less dramatic, but customers will still notice a difference, said store manger Eric Johnson. He said the store has new paint, new carpet and upgraded lighting.

"When we opened up last September some of our smaller stores like this store didn't see much change. There was some change, but I don't know if the customers would have seen it; they definitely will see it now.”

Besides cosmetic changes, Johnson said shoppers will notice a greater emphasis on fashion. The Quail Springs Mall store now sells more of Macy's "better” private label brands including INC International Concepts, Alfani, American Rag and Tasso Alba.

"We call it affordable luxury and fashion, and that's where we've really positioned ourselves,” he said. "We had customers that came to see us last year, and they maybe haven't been in since then. We'd like them to come back and see us again.”

And the remodels came just in time for Christmas, Johnson said.

I wonder why the Crossroad's Macy's did not get a remodel? I think Macy's might be closing/relocating some of their stores after the holidays and Crossroads is on the list.

Could this be another nail in Crossroads' Coffin?

brianinok
11-15-2007, 09:45 PM
I figure that Macy's will relocate that store to the new lifestyle center in Norman.

kevinpate
11-16-2007, 06:32 AM
I love the phrase lifestyle center... so much simpler than saying strip mall with big arse fire breaks :)

CMSturgeon
11-16-2007, 09:30 AM
A horrible shopping experience at Macy's Crossroads has led me to never want to shop at Macy's again. I haven't been back since. I know none of them are as crappy as that one but.... I'm just scarred.

dismayed
11-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Brian: I'm thinking the same thing. They'll move to Norman.

CM: The Crossroads Macy's is really, really crappy. Give the Penn location a shot, it's really nice.

Rom
11-17-2007, 08:01 AM
I was surprised to see that the Macy's in Quail Springs does not have a Polo section. That mall isn't what it used to be.