View Full Version : OU Adult Swim Dethklok Cancelled?

Karried
11-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know about the free tour 'And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead' that was cancelled? Supposed to be tomorrow night at OU.

I heard it was because of the hip hop show that was here a few weeks ago and they had security issues...

My teenager is going to be so Bummed! He had a few friends we were taking there tomorrow night and I just went to the website and it shows it was cancelled.

Anyone know?

ouguy23
11-14-2007, 11:15 AM
The concert is not happening at OU and it was not supposed to happen at all. They wanted it there, but it just wouldn't work out.

dismayed
11-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Anyone know why it didn't work out?

Karried
11-16-2007, 07:32 PM
The concert is not happening at OU and it was not supposed to happen at all.

No, it was scheduled and on the calendar for awhile .. and then it was cancelled.

And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead and Dethklok Tour Dates

Adult Swim announces a 12-stop college tour beginning October 29 with And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead and Dethklok. All shows will be free for students.

Dethklok’s new album, Dethalbum, (http://heavymetal.about.com/od/cdreviews/fr/dethklokdethalb.htm) debuted at #21 on Billboard Top 200. This coincides with the DVD release of Metalocalypse Season 1, a two-disc DVD, which was released October 2.
Dethklok is the undisputed greatest animated metal band in the galaxy. Created by Brendan Small and Tommy Blacha, their crusades into darkness have been immortalized in Metalocalypse, the animated series on Adult Swim. And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead is touring in support of their most recent album, So Divided.

“We are most metally honored to be able to shred for the minds of the collegiate institutions of the United States of Metal America,” said Brendan Small, creator of Dethklok. “Their blood will surge in the wake of our destruction.” Trail of Dead and Dethklok Tour Dates:

10/29/07: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, N.M.
10/31/07: University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nev.
11/01/07: University of California, Los Angeles, Calif.
11/02/07: University of California, Berkeley, Calif.
11/05/07: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo.
11/07/07: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
11/08/07: University of South Dakota, Vermillion, S.D.
11/11/07: University of Colorado, Boulder, Colo.
11/13/07: Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Ill.
11/15/07: University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
11/17/07: University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kan.
11/18/07: Northwestern University, Chicago, Ill.

ouguy23
11-17-2007, 12:04 AM
No, it was scheduled and on the calendar for awhile .. and then it was cancelled.

And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead and Dethklok Tour Dates

Adult Swim announces a 12-stop college tour beginning October 29 with And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead and Dethklok. All shows will be free for students.

Dethklok’s new album, Dethalbum, (http://heavymetal.about.com/od/cdreviews/fr/dethklokdethalb.htm) debuted at #21 on Billboard Top 200. This coincides with the DVD release of Metalocalypse Season 1, a two-disc DVD, which was released October 2.
Dethklok is the undisputed greatest animated metal band in the galaxy. Created by Brendan Small and Tommy Blacha, their crusades into darkness have been immortalized in Metalocalypse, the animated series on Adult Swim. And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead is touring in support of their most recent album, So Divided.

“We are most metally honored to be able to shred for the minds of the collegiate institutions of the United States of Metal America,” said Brendan Small, creator of Dethklok. “Their blood will surge in the wake of our destruction.” Trail of Dead and Dethklok Tour Dates:

10/29/07: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, N.M.
10/31/07: University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nev.
11/01/07: University of California, Los Angeles, Calif.
11/02/07: University of California, Berkeley, Calif.
11/05/07: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo.
11/07/07: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
11/08/07: University of South Dakota, Vermillion, S.D.
11/11/07: University of Colorado, Boulder, Colo.
11/13/07: Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Ill.
11/15/07: University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
11/17/07: University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kan.
11/18/07: Northwestern University, Chicago, Ill.

Actually, i know for a fact that on OU's end we did not have it scheduled to ever take place on the campus. It was a mix up on their part and when it was found out, it was taken down.

FritterGirl
11-17-2007, 12:09 AM
From my days working at the CCMH, I know that often times an artist will post a date on their own website while they are still in preliminary talks with a venue, even though a date hasn't been secured and a contract signed.

Karried
11-17-2007, 07:11 AM
Okay, well, at any rate, it was publiized all over the place and there were some very disappointed people.

dismayed
11-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Actually, i know for a fact that on OU's end we did not have it scheduled to ever take place on the campus. It was a mix up on their part and when it was found out, it was taken down.

Just not wholesome enough?

ouguy23
11-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Just not wholesome enough?

No, their production needs did not work out with any venue that was available.