View Full Version : Flaming Lips host New Year's Eve bash in OKC

betts
11-13-2007, 12:58 PM

Flaming Lips New Year’s Eve Bash In OKC
Fred Mills
November 13, 2007
The Flaming Lips just announced their plans for their annual New Year’s Eve bash, and this time they’re sticking close to home rather than doing it in some major market like NYC or L.A.
It will be held in Oklahoma City at the Cox Convention Center, with opening acts Stardeath and White Dwarfs. Tickets go on sale Nov. 19… see full info below. As the saying goes—all humans are urged to attend.
Here are a few New Year's Eve details: The Flaming Lips / Stardeath and White Dwarfs At the Cox Convention Center

Tickets go on sale next week, Monday, November 19th and they are $15 in person at the Cox/Ford Center Box Office. If you go through Ticketmaster... guess what, you will pay more... up to $7 more. We tried really hard to get the price as low as possible for you guys. NOTE: You have the option to purchase an Opening Night wristband with your ticket for $5 more. NOTE: With an Opening Night wristband you can get into the Starlight Mints show too. (Starlight Mints / Evangelicals at the Cox Convention Center - Exhibit Hall H.)

metro
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Totally cool. More good exposure for OKC. Count me in!

MrZ
11-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Awesome! After the Lips Alley dedication and the Halloween parade, this will really top the year off in style!

PapaJack
11-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Does anyone know if the Flaming Lips concert will be coordinated with "Opening Night"? Will it be a replacement for the Hornets New years Eve game? Will the ball going up get national exposure?

Ooops, Looks like some of my questions were answered in Post # 1. I hate when that happens

Anyway, get ready Mr. Dolese, you've got your work cut out for sure this time.