View Full Version : Kanye West's Mothers Funeral to be in OKC

metro
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Not exactly the greatest news story but I thought a few might be interested.

Funeral For Rapper's Mother To Be Held In OKC

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The funeral for the mother of rap star Kanye West will be held in Oklahoma City, Eyewitness News 5 has learned.

Message Board: Leave Condolences

Donda Williams-West, mother of Kanye West, was a 1967 graduate of Douglass High School in Oklahoma City.

A Howard-Harris Funeral Home spokesman confirmed they have been contacted by the family to start making arrangements for an Oklahoma City funeral.

Stay tuned to Eyewitness News 5 and koco.com for further details.

Karried
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
oh wow. I had no idea he had local ties.

What a tragedy for him .. apparently they were very close.

Lauri101
11-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I guess I'm really out of touch these days - I have no idea who this is!

dismayed
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I didn't realize that hip-hop artist Kanye West's mom, Donda West, grew up in OKC. Her parents still live here. As you probably heard, she died this week due to complications following cosmetic surgery. KOCO reported today that the funeral will be held here in OKC. KOCO's website has the story and a condolence board here:

Funeral For Rapper's Mother To Be Held In OKC - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City (http://www.koco.com/news/14575741/detail.html)

dismayed
11-12-2007, 09:33 PM
He has an anime-inspired music video out right now where he has taken a French techno group's song and remixed it into something pretty cool sounding, and rapped over the top of it.

It's really cool, give it a watch:

kanYe West : videos (http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/videos/index.php?em2766=408_-1__0_~0_-1_11_2007_0_0)

[Lower-rez version if that doesn't start]:

YouTube - Kanye West Stronger Video(High Quality) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZd1Js0QaOI)

soonerfan21
11-13-2007, 06:53 AM
If you don't know his music, a lot of people would remember his comment from the post Katrina telethon that "George Bush hates black people." Never will forget the terror-struck look on Mike Myers face when Kanye said that!

kmf563
11-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Let's not forget his ever so wonderful tantrum he threw at the grammy's for not winning. Made me proud he is from Oklahoma. I'm kind of glad he doesn't claim us much. He is creative with his music and has a talent, but seems i've never felt the way he feels about himself.

BUT....this is his mother's funeral. I'm sorry for his loss. He's always seemed to show respect for his mother and I'm sure this will be hard for him to deal with. My thoughts will be with him and his family.

bigjkt405
11-13-2007, 07:46 AM
He is not from Oklahoma, but his mother is and his grandmother still lives in Lincoln Terrace.

Second, we praise a lot of other Oklahoman's who have done worse. He is a Grammy winning artist, who speaks his mind. Ill advised at time, but it is what it is.

bretthexum
11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
He is not from Oklahoma, but his mother is and his grandmother still lives in Lincoln Terrace.

Second, we praise a lot of other Oklahoman's who have done worse. He is a Grammy winning artist, who speaks his mind. Ill advised at time, but it is what it is.

Exactly... even if you don't agree with him he tells it like it is (or how he thinks it should be) :)

Misty
11-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I love Kanya. He's confident and I really like people that are their own #1 fan. They are the best people to have around you. Nothing sucks worse than insecure friends. I always say I'm the coolest person I know and I like other people that think that about themselves too.

CMSturgeon
11-14-2007, 11:45 AM
I love Kanya. He's confident and I really like people that are their own #1 fan. They are the best people to have around you. Nothing sucks worse than insecure friends. I always say I'm the coolest person I know and I like other people that think that about themselves too.

Insecure friends.... always whining. Why can't they just love themselves like me?

Does anyone know any more detail into how she died? I am hearing it's from complications from plastic surgery.