View Full Version : why people shouldn't reproduce

teacher girl
11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
just heard about another WONDERFUL parent that went to a gas station, left TODDLER IN CAR UNSUPERVISED and what do you know, the child got out (why were they not locked into a car seat) and tried to follow dear mommy and got hit by an unaware car.

sometimes I don't see why children's reproductive organs aren't harvested at birth and you can only get them if you have 1/2 a brain when you are all grown up HA HA :bright_id i know that's not feesible, but it sure would solve alot of problems with idiots!!

Karried
11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
You can't fix stupid.

solitude
11-11-2007, 09:23 PM
That's stupid alright, but what about the child? Was he/she okay? It was stupid with serious consequences that probably should be mentioned along with the stupidity. (Did that make sense?)

PennyQuilts
11-12-2007, 05:20 AM
That young woman will be surrounded by people reassuring her that she really is a good mother and it could happen to anyone. This will be prompted in an attempt to offer kindness and solace. The end will result will be to solidify the notion that all you have to do to be a good parent is "love" your children - no common sense required. In fairness, I don't know enough about the situation to know if this was actually a good mother on a bad day, or one that has been sailing through parenthood relying on GOOD luck to avoid something like this happened. In either case, I still feel bad for her and her family. I also feel terrible for the driver who struck the child. What a nightmare, all around.

teacher girl
11-12-2007, 05:44 AM
oh, the child was fine, at least, not killed, if you know what I mean!! BTW the driver wasn't charge with anything since they were just slowly going through the parking lot and didn't expect to see a little toddler all alone

Lurker34
11-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I've alwasy said the stupid people reproduce faster than more intelligent ones. There's even a movie that takes this concept to the extreme it's called "Idocracy" or something like that. Soon, we'll be a nation of knuckle dragging, mouth breathers.

Karried
11-12-2007, 02:19 PM
How horrific is this?

'NEWRY, Maine — The death of a 2 1/2-year-old boy who was run over by his father's pickup truck in a ski area was the second accident in four years in which the family lost a toddler.

James Bennett, 42, a Bethel Fire and Rescue worker, was doing maintenance work Sunday on a ski trail behind the Grand Summit Hotel when he sat his son, Wyatt, down on a wood pile while he moved his truck, state police said.
The boy wandered into the path of the vehicle and was crushed by one of its tires, investigators said. Wyatt was dead at the scene.

The family lost another son, 2-year-old Samuel, in 2003 following a freak accident in which he was struck by a tree that his father was cutting down at their house lot in Bethel, Fire Chief Michael Jodrey said.

"Obviously, everyone's hearts are going out to the family right now," Jodrey said. "I wouldn't wish this on somebody once, never mind twice."

I doubt I'd be able to go on after something like this... I always wonder how people do.

solitude
11-12-2007, 02:40 PM
How horrific is this?

'NEWRY, Maine — The death of a 2 1/2-year-old boy who was run over by his father's pickup truck in a ski area was the second accident in four years in which the family lost a toddler.

James Bennett, 42, a Bethel Fire and Rescue worker, was doing maintenance work Sunday on a ski trail behind the Grand Summit Hotel when he sat his son, Wyatt, down on a wood pile while he moved his truck, state police said.
The boy wandered into the path of the vehicle and was crushed by one of its tires, investigators said. Wyatt was dead at the scene.

The family lost another son, 2-year-old Samuel, in 2003 following a freak accident in which he was struck by a tree that his father was cutting down at their house lot in Bethel, Fire Chief Michael Jodrey said.

"Obviously, everyone's hearts are going out to the family right now," Jodrey said. "I wouldn't wish this on somebody once, never mind twice."

I doubt I'd be able to go on after something like this... I always wonder how people do.

Wow. Who says lightening can't strike twice? I can't imagine what they have been through.

OkieKAS
12-05-2007, 07:52 AM
There are "accidents" and then there is just plain "neglect".
It is purely neglectful for a parent to place a child in a situation at such a high risk when it was not necessary.
Children have the right to be protected.
Too many children die or are irrevocably harmed too often due to neglect.