View Full Version : Christmas Lights

Blairman
11-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Can anyone help with a list in the greater OKC area to go check out Christmas Lights.

I heard about the one on 39th Expressway in Bethany, any others ?? anything within a hour drive or so

Thanks......

metro
11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Not sure many places have them up yet, still waiting on Thanksgiving.

oneforone
11-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Opening of Christmas in the Park

When Sat Nov 17 6pm - Sat Nov 17 8pm

2200 S Holly, Yukon, OK

Created ByYukon
DescriptionOpening of Christmas in the Park
When: Sat, Nov 17
6:00 PM-8:00 PM
Where: Yukon Community Center, 2200 S. Holly

Twelveth annual event featuring a spectacular drive through holdiay lights display along Jim Watson Drive in Yukon's City Park, Chisholm Trail Park and Freedom Trail Park. Also featuring sleigh rides, children's activities, and free refreshments at the Kris Kringle Karnival. For more information, call Jan Scott at 405.350.8937.

oneforone
11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Opening of Christmas in the Park

When Sat Nov 17 6pm - Sat Nov 17 8pm

2200 S Holly, Yukon, OK

Created ByYukon
DescriptionOpening of Christmas in the Park
When: Sat, Nov 17
6:00 PM-8:00 PM
Where: Yukon Community Center, 2200 S. Holly

Twelveth annual event featuring a spectacular drive through holdiay lights display along Jim Watson Drive in Yukon's City Park, Chisholm Trail Park and Freedom Trail Park. Also featuring sleigh rides, children's activities, and free refreshments at the Kris Kringle Karnival. For more information, call Jan Scott at 405.350.8937.

Chickasha

Chickasha Festival of Light (http://www.chickashafestivaloflight.com/)

ksearls
11-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Thousands of twinkles of light mingle together to create a dramatic, holiday atmosphere in Downtown Oklahoma City’s Myriad Botanical Gardens during OG&E Garden Lights. The 17-acre urban garden and architecturally acclaimed Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory will be aglow from November 23 (the day after Thanksgiving) through January 1.

As a gift to visitors, The Crystal Bridge will open free from 6 – 9 p.m. Sunday November 25 and every Sunday in December for special twilight viewings, courtesy of OG&E.

Inside the Crystal Bridge, holidays are in the air with a distinctly island twist. Hawaiian Holidays puts a little hula into the season with island music and Aloha State-inspired touches, all twinkling with tiny lights. It’s our own way of saying Mele Kalikimaka from the Crystal Bridge and OG&E!

Outdoors, the wooded landscape will be trimmed with thousands of richly colored lights, creating a magical, sparkling garden – perfect for romantic strolls and memorable family walks with the dramatic backdrop of Downtown skyscrapers. Don't miss the awe-inspiring view of the illuminated gardens and Downtown skyline from the plaza above the Gardens' Water Stage. It makes a great background for holiday family photos.

Regular Crystal Bridge hours are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday though Saturday and noon – 6 p.m. Sunday. The Crystal Bridge is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Day. Admission is $6 for adults, $5 for students and seniors and $3 for children ages 4 -12.

Myriad Botanical Gardens is located at Reno and Robinson in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City. For information, call (405) 297-3995 or log on to Myriad Botanical Gardens (http://www.myriadgardens.com).

yukong
11-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Well, I had tried to post earlier, but for some reason my post is not present. Anyway, Yukon is great. So is the Myriad Garden's Crystal Bridge. And if you don't mind a little drive, the display in the park at Chickasha is real good also. And just a little over an hour away is the display at Turner Falls. It is usually quite good also. And when it is real cold, it is even better because all the springs freeze up and you have some interesting ice formations around the lights.

And in years past, the home displays in Ski Island Lake addition were very good. Haven't been there in a number of years, but it used to be the best neighborhood display.

fromdust
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
lets be a little more sensitive. how bout winter lights festival.

zuluwarrior0760
11-08-2007, 07:06 PM
lets be a little more sensitive. how bout winter lights festival.

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oneforone
11-08-2007, 11:25 PM
These are winter lights

http://blog.mobissimo.com/uploads/NorthernLights.jpg

These are Christmas Lights

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/pics/led-Christmas.jpg

oneforone
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Well, I had tried to post earlier, but for some reason my post is not present. Anyway, Yukon is great. So is the Myriad Garden's Crystal Bridge. And if you don't mind a little drive, the display in the park at Chickasha is real good also. And just a little over an hour away is the display at Turner Falls. It is usually quite good also. And when it is real cold, it is even better because all the springs freeze up and you have some interesting ice formations around the lights.

And in years past, the home displays in Ski Island Lake addition were very good. Haven't been there in a number of years, but it used to be the best neighborhood display.

Ski Island has been off the Christmas Light Circuit for years. Thanks to the foo foo crowd moving in and complaining. Come to think of it I do not know of anyone particular neighborhood that open their area to Christmas Light Fans. Anymore it is a house here or there that goes all out. Ask around, almost everybody knows of someone who goes all out every year.

There is a guy around May and Wilshire that makes the news every year. I just can't remember exactly where he lives. His display covers his house and two or three of his neighbor's houses.

zuluwarrior0760
11-08-2007, 11:53 PM
There's a guy at the entrance to Westbury in Yukon that
probably has spent more on his Christmas display than
his whole house........it truly stops traffic...

Also, no brainer is "Chickasha"....about 35 minutes Southwest of OKC...

Their Christmas Lights display is absolutely epic......

kevinpate
11-09-2007, 05:10 AM
nice pics oneforone

I think the zoo still does lights across the lake from the main part.

Norman has a small display that grows slowly in the strip park along the tracks off main

MWS, or maybe it was Del City, used to have a nice park based display but i haven't been through there is eons

OKCDrummer77
11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Midwest City has an impressive display at the park formerly known as Joe B. Barnes (I forget what it's called now). The entrance is off of SE 15th just west of Douglas Blvd. Look for the lit-up toy soldier waving you into the park. Their "animated" displays are worth the short drive.

Also, last year there was a house in a neighborhood off of Wilshire & County Line that is not only covered in lights, but also has a short-range radio transmitter playing Christmas music. There was a sign in the yard telling you what frequency to tune to. I'm assuming they'll do it again this year, but I can't be certain.

okclee
11-09-2007, 12:14 PM
There is also a house in Moore off I-35 and east on 27th street the neighboorhood to the south. It looks like the house in the movie Christmas Vacation. There is hardly a square foot of the house that doesn't have some sort of light or display. I had to see it to believe it last year.

diesel
11-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Nichols Hills Area Lights.. I would say north of NW 63rd Street on Penn Avenue and anywhere in that neighborhood.. You will see the large houses!

CCOKC
11-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Go down Western and 63rd and check out Chesapeake's lights before you go into Nichols Hills. They put lights in the trees on both sides of Western and it is incredible.

OKCDrummer77
11-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Nichols Hills Area Lights.. I would say north of NW 63rd Street on Penn Avenue and anywhere in that neighborhood.. You will see the large houses!

Of course! How could I forget that area? I live in The Village and take any excuse to detour through NH when the lights are up.