View Full Version : The Dow has fallen again...........

NE Oasis
11-06-2007, 03:46 PM
and I don't care! I'm sick of some morons in NYC or DC telling me the world is going to end because so fat cat is only seeing 12 % return on investment. Yes, prices are up on everything, but everyday somebody needs a new water heater, or a set of tires, or a new pair of shoes and they are purchased after being manufactured and distributed. Everything works out in the grand economic engine. Just don't be greedy.

Dark Jedi
11-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Where to start?

Right or wrong, those fat cats are running the big businesses. WHen they take a hit, they cut the flow of money downhill, which cuts the money people have to buy heaters, tires, etc.

It is a valid measure of future economic health. It is also overblown by the news, and thus the peter cried wolf attitude toward it.

redland
11-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Your sentiments are what they are, but you chose an unusual day to air them since the Dow actually rose today by 117+ points. Of course tomorrow may see another decline---it's been a topsy-turvy ride of late!

drumsncode
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
and I don't care! I'm sick of some morons in NYC or DC telling me the world is going to end because so fat cat is only seeing 12 % return on investment. Yes, prices are up on everything, but everyday somebody needs a new water heater, or a set of tires, or a new pair of shoes and they are purchased after being manufactured and distributed. Everything works out in the grand economic engine. Just don't be greedy.

I used to watch the market every day, sometimes all day long. I finally learned the hard way to just get diversified and let everything ride for 20 years. You'll have more time to enjoy life if you do. I'd like to have 50 cents for every Investor's Business Daily I bought over the years! :-)

Trying to stay on top of it all ends up being a complete waste of time when your horizon is two decades or more.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-07-2007, 12:02 AM
I used to watch the market every day, sometimes all day long. I finally learned the hard way to just get diversified and let everything ride for 20 years. You'll have more time to enjoy life if you do. I'd like to have 50 cents for every Investor's Business Daily I bought over the years! :-)

Trying to stay on top of it all ends up being a complete waste of time when your horizon is two decades or more.

This is why people get paid to do it, and why I pay them to do it for me.

If I were good at the stock market, I'd cut out the middle man and do that for a living. But I'm not...So yeah...I'll pay the fees and only think about it when I see my quarterly earnings statements.