View Full Version : Help on Window Replacement!

Jon27
10-29-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm looking to replace the windows in my home, and not sure where to go. Lowe's and Home Depot have the top rated Consumer Reports windows, but they are so high on their installation. Does anyone know of who would be good to contact to have those measured/installed? What about that Champion Factory Direct? Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated!! Also, anyone have any suggestions on where to have a patio cover (that doesn't look like a car port) installed?

Karried
10-29-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd like to know also...

I had a quote from AAA or AA Windows in Edmond... very reasonable at the time but I didn't have them installed, so I can't say for sure how their service is.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-29-2007, 11:43 PM
The tornado in '03 that followed the same path as the big one in '99 knocked all the glass out of the front of my house. I wound up calling City Glass, their guy was friendly, knew what he was doing (he'd been doing it for 30 years), and as it turns out...Knew my dad way back when.

metro
10-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Get triple pane windows. They are super energy efficient and you will have virtually no heat/cooling loss through them. I've used City Glass as well before and had no problem. You can probably find a decent contractor that would do the work for cheaper than Home Depot will charge.

Jon27
10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
So do you order the windows from Home Depot, and have City Glass install them? I have heard a small contractor out of Mustang, Seal Tight, is good. When you hire a contractor, do you go ahead and order the windows yourself, or does the contractor do all that for you? I'm still curious about Champion.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-30-2007, 06:13 PM
I called them, gave them my address, and they showed up and determined what I needed, what size I needed, then came back a few days later and brought it with them to install it.

Jon27
10-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks smell! What kind did you get (vinyl, triple pane, etc..)? Do you know what brand they are? Do you like them?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-30-2007, 07:08 PM
No idea...I just told him to match the rest of my windows.

trison
10-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Check out Forrest Lumber. They have a lot of windows to choose from and will install.

BailJumper
10-31-2007, 07:53 PM
We used Agnew Window and Door. They had the best price I could find for a large picture window.