View Full Version : Furniture

CMSturgeon
10-29-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm moving out again and will be buying new furniture.

Well some.... Just a bed, dresser, and t.v.

I already know where I am getting my television.

Where should I look for a cheap (FREAKIN' CHEAP MAN!) bed and dresser.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Craigslist?

Misty
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I bought a sleeper sofa (loveseat size), a chair and a mattress/boxspring at this place on the corner of 23rd and Dewey for about $450 including tax and delivery (which was only a few blocks). I think most of their items are from hotel buy outs. The guy that runs the place will negotiate.

BricktownGuy
10-31-2007, 02:11 PM
new or old, CmSturgeon?

CMSturgeon
11-01-2007, 02:46 PM
New furniture

John
11-01-2007, 07:46 PM
That cheap place next to Beverly's on NWEXP and Penn is having a 'going out of business' sale. Worth a shot.

Also, the back rooms at the big furniture stores around Portland/Reno have good deals.

BricktownGuy
11-06-2007, 12:04 PM
decent prices... I think... and good quality... Mathis Bros.

betts
11-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Although the salespeople at Mathis Brothers are beyond annoying, there can be some good bargains there. There's a room up on the second floor where they put discontinued items and furniture they've bought from the market showrooms. I'd also try some of the resale stores around, as I'm a firm believer that furniture does not have to be brand new. Craigslist is a good suggestion too.

CuatrodeMayo
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
New: IKEA.

Karried
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
betts, I'm the same way. I love that upstairs section ( but I do find myself trying to be incognito and run from the salespeople! lol)

And there is nothing better than finding a barely used piece of quality furniture for a fraction of retail on Craig's list or classifieds. I love that feeling!

I also love Ebay but not many people here in OK use it (at least not as much as CA Bay Area where it's based) so I haven't found any great local deals close to OKC. Shipping is cost prohibitive and most won't ship big pieces. But, still, you can find some good things if you'll put the time into it.

Misty
11-06-2007, 01:26 PM
New: IKEA.

IKEA? Things you own own you. Tyler Durden does not approve.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-06-2007, 05:57 PM
The secret to Mathis Brothers is to use the same salesperson every time you go. Take their schedule (they always have one handy) and only go when they're working. They will be glad that you remembered them and will not be NEARLY as pushy with stuff. Every time you walk in the door, walk straight to the sales podium/thingy and ask for them. It gets all but one of them off your back.

The guy I talk to is very friendly and has never been pushy at all. He's a pretty cool dude.

foodiefan
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
The REAL secret to Mathis Bros is that once you buy something (even a ticket to Symphony Show House or other events that they sell tickets to at the store), you keep the blue receipt in your car. When you go in the store, take it with you. . . , carry it in your hand so it is very visible. The sales people think you have already purchased something and are waiting for credit approval to go thru or for pick-up. . .you can wander the store in peace until you need something.