View Full Version : EatAroundOKC.com: Your Feedback Requested!

eataroundokc.com
10-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a fairly new member of the forum and really enjoying it. I wanted to mention that I run a new blog about Oklahoma City Restaurants (http://www.eataroundokc.com)at EatAroundOKC.com. I know this could be viewed as a blatant advertisement but believe me, I'm not making money off the site so I'm not trying to get rich here.

I would, however, love for you guys to check it out and leave any feedback (positive or negative) either as comments on the site or here on this thread. We're just trying to provide a service to the city's restaurant scene. Just getting started but things are going well. Please take a look if you can and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Tim

OKCCrime
10-27-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm new to OKC and have scouring the web for OKC related websites and haven't previously run across yours. Thanks for posting it!

I really like the pictures! I like having a picture of the location to help find it if I want to visit. The maps and embedded links are really appreciated as well. More pictures of the food would be welcome.

Could you make the dates of your reviews more prominent? Restaurants change over time and so an old review isn't worth as much as a new one. The ability to search by date would be useful as well.

I know it might be hard to do, but at least provide an overall rating. Stars, thumbs up, etc... That way I can jump right to your top rated reviews for a read first!

Include interviews or details about the chef and/or owner?

Invite a reader to go out with you for each review, then get the 'Reader's Rating'.
:)

OKCCrime

----

Oklahoma City Crime - Crime Maps, Reports and Statistics (http://okccrime.com)

Karried
10-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Hey guys, I'll check into the policies for cross promotions with the owner.. in the meantime, have you thought about adding Links to your site? If so, you could always give this site a mention.

kevinpate
10-27-2007, 10:04 AM
> I know this could be viewed as a blatant advertisement

No more so than using one's domain name as their screen name elsewhere.
;^)

luck to your progress

redcup
10-27-2007, 06:16 PM
thanks for the new site to add to my favorites. I travel all over OKC for my job and hate having the hit the chains for lunch, but often I am unsure of the quality of the food in some of the areas that I go. I now have one or two I want to try.

:sofa:

eataroundokc.com
10-27-2007, 09:04 PM
> I know this could be viewed as a blatant advertisement

No more so than using one's domain name as their screen name elsewhere.
;^)

Haha. I guess so.

Thanks everyone for the comments so far. Some good ideas and I will work on incorporating them. Please keep the feedback coming. I appreciate it.

lpecan
10-28-2007, 01:14 PM
By the way, thanks for the post (on eataroundokc) about the pupuseria... I definitely would never have found it otherwise

eataroundokc.com
10-28-2007, 08:34 PM
By the way, thanks for the post (on eataroundokc) about the pupuseria... I definitely would never have found it otherwise

You're welcome, Ipecan. Thank you for reading!