View Full Version : Taste of Western 2007

metro
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
It's that time of year again. Go out and support your local restaurant scene!

http://www.visitwesternavenue.com/images/TOW2007.gif

Chesapeake Energy Presents the 5th Annual Taste of Western

Thursday, October 25th 6-9pm Will Rogers Theater, 4322 N. Western Avenue

Participating restaurants:
Iron Starr Urban BBQ, Coco Flow, Deep Fork Grill, Charlie Newton’s, Café Nova, Musashi’s Japanese Steakhouse, Sushi Neko, Will Rogers Theater, Hideaway Pizza, The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro, Coach House, 42nd Street Candy Company, VZD’s Restaurant & Club, Tokyo Japanese, Saturn Grill, Pearl’s Oyster Bar, and Bin 73.

Participating wine brokers: Republic of Oklahoma, Glazer’s of Oklahoma and Premium Brands

Tickets are $50 online and at the door.
Tickets ordered after October 19th will be held at Will Call.

Tickets will be mailed once payment is received.

Tickets purchased the day of the event can be bought at the door for $50 each.

Visit Western Avenue - Oklahoma City's Unique Shopping, Dining & Entertainment District! (http://www.visitwesternavenue.com/)

PUGalicious
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I wonder if that includes all the restaurants they've gobbled up in their imperialistic expansion.

metro
10-23-2007, 03:45 PM
How many have they gobbled up? Most reopened nicer stores because of the generous offers they received and accepted willingly. Pearl's, Laredo's (if it ever opens), Subway.

PUGalicious
10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
I believe Irma's is next in line... who knows who else is on the chopping block as they continue to gobble up that area ... and, yes, it is gobbling up — "generous" offers notwithstanding ...

Pearl's isn't quite the same anymore... Laredo's is gone (until they decide to reopen)...

Chesapeake has single-handedly changed the character of that whole area... and God help us if they get bought out or they go belly up... that whole area will be one giant empty shell.

metro
10-23-2007, 07:31 PM
What information makes you say that PUG? Aubrey McClendon and Irma's have been on record that they will not be bought out. I still haven't seen any restaurant that got "gobbled" up and hasn't made it elsewhere nearby (the exception being Laredo's but that's due to their own problems). Either way you look at it, there are several threads discussing the Chesapeake land aquisitions and people's frustrations with them. Here, I've made it easier for you to vent your frustrations with Chesapeake. Here is the thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/8210-chesapeake-empire-marches-8.html?highlight=chesapeake

Don't ruin this thread and it's purpose about this great culinary event in OKC that is this Thursday night.

PUGalicious
10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Sir, yes, sir! Officer Thread Enforcer, sir!

jbrown84
10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Don't forget about Varsity.

PUGalicious
10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
How could I forget that??? I loved that Varsity!

Yes... as metro has declared before, they must be much better off now... :rolleyes:

Easy180
10-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Also don't forget about the buyout of the historic Subway over there....Pretty sure it was one of only 2 in the whole city :fighting3

Haven't made it to one yet so I may try it out this year...Sounds like a decent deal for 50 bucks

metro
10-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Just a reminder TASTE OF WESTERN is tonight! It's one of the better culinary events in OKC!

kmf563
10-26-2007, 08:47 AM
how was this metro?

metro
10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
It was great, hot and crowded as usual. I suggested they move it to Chesapeake's Blu theater next year since they are the sponsor anyways. They'd have more space and parking. Lots of great food! The couch house had some amazing seasonal food! Definitely an event not to miss. We did leave somewhat early since it was so crowded and thus hot., but we got plenty to eat.