View Full Version : Christmas Already?!

Karried
10-20-2007, 09:03 AM
It's not even October and Macys has full on Christmas trees complete with decorations.... displayed last month!

It's so commercialized..... I hate that aspect of it. It's so hard to get away from, the kids are bombarded with commercials on TV and the web.. everywhere you go, you see ads for toys and more toys... toys they don't need and will play with for about a week!

This year, we are adopting a family to help and I've told the kids that we are downsizing because it's getting crazy... the older they get, the more expensive their 'toys' become and less valued.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 10:09 AM
I hope by "family" you really mean "guy with a stupid username from the southside of OKC".

'Cause I *heard* that he could use a Harmony Remote for Christmas, and has no family that can afford it.

:D

Karried
10-20-2007, 10:22 AM
lol... I'm renaming you to Snarky..

I think you know, I love that word.

Alas, by family, I'm thinking of a child who needs a toy..

hmmm, although....??? lol

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 10:30 AM
After 11 years of duty, exercises, and deployments...I'm so used to missing holidays, I don't even notice them unless somebody says something. Add to that, my closest family is in Houston...Yeah...I rarely get more than a phone call on Christmas unless I have a girlfriend.

My word of the month is various forms of the word "borked".

It's awful fun to act like the Swedish Chef from The Muppets too.

BORK BORK BORK!

Karried
10-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Ha, Snarky Bork works for me.. I'm starting to sound like Mork from Ork..

Well, I was thinking of creating a fund for your Harmony Remote.. and then I checked the price.

Here's Santa's address:

Northpole

ahhhh, :-( That is sad about the holidays... doesn't Tinker have festivities that you can go to for the holidays?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Not that I know of (or would attend)...I think I may be working anyway. This is one of the major drawbacks of being single. People expect you to work all the holidays.

And that Harmony remote would turn on my ceiling fan with my Xbox 360! Why wouldn't you want me to have it?

:tiphat:

Karried
10-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Because it costs a fortune and and because you won't play Live with me... Team Swat baby ... I rule.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 05:56 PM
I don't think I ever said that I wouldn't play Live with you...I think I said something along the lines of "you wouldn't want me on your team" :D

My signon is HotLonelyGirl

:oops:

Karried
10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
ha, see I'm the opposite (well, chromosonally too) I am neutral (even though I am sort of mint and pink color combo) but nothing gives me more pleasure to announce 'good game guys' after I've just gotten about 23 on Ivory Tower and taken our team to ultimate victory!

Beaten by a girl?!!!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah, but if my signon indicates I'm a girl (and I don't talk) all the 14 year old boys from around the world flock to my side and protect me...I don't die as much. :D

They also all send friend requests out afterwards :D

Karried
10-20-2007, 06:47 PM
oh Great, I've probably protected you!

( I protect anyone who is making our team lose by Dying!)

lol that's way weird .. well, the only solution is to do what I do.... do all your work, chores and other errands on Crack so you can complete them in record time, leaving you endless hours ( in the middle of the night ) to practice. lol

teacher girl
10-21-2007, 03:28 PM
it is quite ridiculous! we were driving back up here from dfw on friday and ardmore already has their christmas light "spectacular" all set up!!

I remember going to the mall a year or so ago IN SEPTEMBER and the "muzac" was christmas!