View Full Version : Thinking about relocating back to OKC...

bdub02
10-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I used to live in OKC when i was much younger. In 2000 my dad retired and wanted to get out of the "big city", so we moved to the Ft. Smith, Arkansas area. In my heart and mind, I have never left OKC. A shame that we moved just when things were starting to boom out there.

I am getting ready to graduate from college majoring in Information Technology at UA Fort Smith. Ft. Smith isn't my cup of tea and I am wanting to relocate somewhere where I can have all the big city amenities yet without the traffic of places like Houston and yet be close enough to Ft. Smith. Im thinking OKC will provide just that.

Question is, what companies would be best to apply with having an IT degree? I am fresh out of college so I only have limited experience in the field. Most jobs posted online ask for 5 years of experience, but I KNOW there are companies out there that hire college graduates.

Thanks for any replies

soonerfan21
10-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Have you looked into Dell yet? They have expansion plans, I think, and should be a good place for an IT graduate. Chesapeake, Devon and SandRidge obviously will continue to grow.
Great choice to relocate here with all of the river development and other happenings in OKC. A lot has happened since 2000!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-20-2007, 04:01 AM
Drop me a PM. I know a couple of places that frequently hire, and for good wages too.