View Full Version : 2007 Greek Festival

metro
10-17-2007, 10:09 AM
It's that time of year again. The 23rd annual Greek Festival is October 26-28th. 10am-10pm Friday and Saturday, 11am-6pm on Sunday. It appears they are charging for admission this year unless you buy a $12.50 dinner ticket. It's at St. George's Greek Orthodox Churh at 2101 NW 145th Street. They have all kinds of foods to try and take home as well as homemade goods. Call 405-751-1885 for more information.

Martin
10-17-2007, 11:29 AM
i think you're five years too late. ; )

-M

metro
10-17-2007, 01:38 PM
What do you mean 5 years to late, this info is about this years Greek Fest.

Martin
10-17-2007, 01:45 PM
i know it is... but for grins i'm giving you a hard time. look at your title.

in any event, st. george's greek festival is an okc staple and i hope to make it out there this year!

-M

metro
10-17-2007, 02:49 PM
oops my bad, you're correct, it must have been to early for me. Mods can you please fix the title to 2007

Martin
10-17-2007, 04:43 PM
no problem and no big deal... just thought i'd have a chuckle. -M

Stinger
10-26-2007, 08:02 AM
I've never been to this event. What can I expect?

My wife wants to go, but we have to decide between this and dinner on our own with a baby sitter for our 1 year old. We don't have many opportunities with a babysitter, so I don't want to waste the evening if we don't enjoy the greek festival.

What do you think, the Greek Festival or The Ranch?

John
10-26-2007, 12:07 PM
It's hard to compare dinner at The Ranch to the Greek Fest.

Since you've never been before, you should go check out the Greek Fest. It's a good time and the food is excellent.

Or you could go to Ranch tonight and then go with child another day/evening. There's singing and dancing the young'un might enjoy, too!

metro
10-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah, the Greek Festival is something you can take your kid to, it's in a church dining hall and its more of a "festival" and they give tours of their church, they don't preach or anything and its a little noisey so you'll be fine if you can drag the kid out. If you can afford it, I'd recommend going to Red Prime instead of The Ranch.

John
10-26-2007, 01:37 PM
it's in a church dining hall

The tent outside is a lot more fun! :D

Stinger
10-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, the Greek Festival is something you can take your kid to, it's in a church dining hall and its more of a "festival" and they give tours of their church, they don't preach or anything and its a little noisey so you'll be fine if you can drag the kid out. If you can afford it, I'd recommend going to Red Prime instead of The Ranch.

We went to the Greek Festival. It was a good experience and glad I can now say I've gone.

And Metro, yes, I can afford it. Thanks for the "comment" and recommendation, but I prefer the Ranch over Red Prime. I've been to RP twice and the Ranch more times than I can count.

teacher girl
10-29-2007, 02:47 PM
wasn't that wonderful? I went friday for lunch and then took the fam saturday! my youngest (age 2) went crazy over the dancers and the music!!

wonder what they do with any leftover baklava.......................