View Full Version : Scout Troop 4306 of Chickasha to Host Pet Adoption Fair

okiemom
10-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Scout Troop 4306 of Chickasha will be hosting an open house and pet adoption fair on Saturday, Oct. 20 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the Chickasha Animal Shelter, located at 208 Genevieve.
Goody bags put together by the troop containing pet treats, toys and various supplies will be given to the first twenty people who adopt a pet during that time.
Gift certificates to Amy's Dog Grooming will be handed out with the first six dogs that are adopted during the fair.
Free refreshments, also provided by Troop 4306, will be availble from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.

kmf563
10-17-2007, 08:08 AM
good for them! I looked online and there are lots of good looking pets in that shelter that need a home! Mostly look like larger dogs though that definitely need a yard that I don't have. Hopefully they will all find a home that day though. Here's a link to the Chickasha shelter:
Animal Control Division and the (http://www.chickasha.org/police/ac.htm)

okiemom
10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
kmf, thanks for adding the link.
This is actually my youngest sons Eagle project so he's really put his heart into it.
Hopefully, the publicity he's generated through the paper and radio station along with the goody bags will pull people in for adoptions.
The Chickasha Animal Shelter is a kill shelter that wants to be a no kill, so every bit of publicity helps.