View Full Version : Back Surgery/ Any Neurosurgeon Recommendations????

okieback
10-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi, I'm needing to have a two level lumbar fusion and have recently moved from Tulsa so I don't know anyone who can give me a referral to a good neurosurgeon. I'm looking for the best in OKC...anybody have any experience with a great neurosurgeon in OKC or know of someone who has? I'd love to have some names.
Thanks!
Okieback

CMSturgeon
11-30-2007, 09:00 AM
At my employer, we refer all of our Orthopedic patients to Dr. Jim Odor. Who were you seeing in Tulsa... Detwiler?

NikonNurse
12-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I had surgery with Cagle and Hahn is highly recommended too...they are both at the neuroscience place at Mercy.

Karried
12-06-2007, 09:33 AM
I asked a good friend of mine who has family in the health care industry ( RN ) and some personal experience with neurosurgeons... husband was in Intensive Care for nine weeks following a brain infection last year.

This was her response:

Stewart Smith, Kevin Kelly or their new partner Beringer. Smith does mostly back, etc. and Kelly does more head and brain. But she has heard that Beringer is very good also. Of course, we are partial to Kelly but ours wasn't back issues.

There is also Dr. Odor. I can't remember where he practices.

Also, definitely NOT Shadid or L'heureaux!!!!!

( Disclaimer, her personal opinion - I know nothing about it).

Hope this is helpful!

FritterGirl
12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Cagle and Hahn are with the Oklahoma Spine Hospital http://www.oklahomaspine.com/ It is a physician-owned hospital that specializes in neuro-spinal surgery and pain management.

I don't believe they are officially affiliated with Mercy, although some of the Docs may still be able to do surgeries there.

I worked with the former management group of this hospital on some PR / Marketing campaigns some years back when they first opened. The hospital is supposed to be top-notch. I cannot speak from the view as a patient, however.