View Full Version : OKC Happenings

mturner
10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Man, the next time someone says nothing's going on in OKC, I'm going to tell them they're crazy. Unfortunately I missed out since I was traveling, only got to attend 1 day of the regatta. Anyone got opinions on how the rest of it all went this weekend?
The rest of the Regatta?
The Girlie Show?- Really bummed I missed that one- usually pick up stuff for my wife there!
The Heritage Hills Home Tour?
Art OKasian- ok so apparently that one was by invite?
OU game/Homecoming?
Centennial Parade?
Could the weekend have been any busier?

jbrown84
10-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Yeah there really was a lot going on this weekend. Great weekend for the "Saving Grace" cast and crew to be in town and great weekend to host an international sports event.

There was also Art on Tap at the art museum and the Gay film fest at UCO.

metro
10-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Don't forget the Plaza District Festival, WorldFest, and the IceSkating/Gymnastics spectacular and several other large events were also this weekend mturner. I agree that no one can say there isn't anything to do in Oklahoma any more.

jbrown84
10-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah I knew I was forgetting some things.

It's like the Gazette's motto. If you think there's nothing to do in OKC, then it's not our fault.

mturner
10-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Alright, I'm nosy, if anyones went to these different events, can I have your take on it? I did see the other thread on the Regatta and the parade. HOw about some of those others?

Misty
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
I went to the OU game and it was GREAT!!!!!!!!

metro
10-16-2007, 01:50 PM
I went to the OU game (great and kicked some butt as always), Plaza District Festival was great, saw a higher level of art talent, however I was disappointed that the number of artists was less. Alot of progress is being made over there and is definitely going to be a big hit. Regatta was awesome, I went on Friday night, there had to be a good 30,000 people there. Centennial parade, well it was okay, excellent turnout.