View Full Version : Man arrested at Centennial Parade

metro
10-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Man arrested at Centennial parade on weapons charges

Oct 15, 2007 10:33 AM CDT

JESSE WELLS REPORTING

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A celebration of our states 100th birthday was interrupted for some people by an arrest. Police say they were alerted shortly after the parade started to a man carrying around a weapon.

Police say they were quickly able to stop the man and place him under arrest.

The suspect never made any threats and never pulled out the weapons. Police still won't say why the man was carrying what's being described as two large swords inside a bulky winter jacket.

Capt. Patrick Stewart of the Oklahoma City Police says, "I would certainly consider it to be unusual; somebody carrying swords wrapped up in a jacket."

The suspect is charged with carrying a concealed weapon and was determined to be intoxicated. He was also arrested for public intoxication, but authorities say he hasn't told them why he had the two swords with him at the parade.

Copyright 2007 KFOR-TV-DT

teacher girl
10-15-2007, 09:39 PM
yes, we about got ran over by the bicycle police in their route to get him. glad that the worse thing that happened there!

Rifleman2C
10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Based on what I saw on TV, he looked like someone I graduated with over 20 years ago... hope that wasn't actually him.