View Full Version : Alliance of Emerging Professionals (AEP)

Pages : [1] 2

metro
11-29-2004, 12:33 PM
I would like to introduce you to a new civic organization on the move that I am highly involved with. We are shaping the future leaders of OKC. For more info visit www.aepoklahoma.com . If you are interested in joining, please let me know or let the club know Steven N. had referred you to our organization.

Oklahoma City is known for its outstanding opportunities for small businesses. In addition, the community and culture of the city is attracting more and more people. Leaders are emerging and staking their claim during this formable time. One group of people that seem to constantly be overlooked is the "twentysomethings" age group. Members of this generation have just graduated college and are focused on beginning their careers and strengthening personal relationships. Most twentysomethings live in the shadows of their bosses and wait for their turn to impact this city. Now, the wait is over. Young Emerging Professionals is a humanitarian, volunteer organization whose mission is "to strengthen the fabric of our community through positively impacting the lives of those in need." The AEP vision is to see lives changed through faithful service to others.

AEP is founded on the belief that you are never too young to accomplish great things. The proof lies in the fact that this organization was created by twenty three year old Trevor Francis, CEO of Fiberhaus Consulting LLC and twenty two year old Rebecca Jordan, Director of Public Relations. These two individuals recognize that this time in a young person's life sets the foundation for establishing values, priorities and relationships.

The Mission:

The mission of the Alliance of Emerging Professionals is a humanitarian volunteer project created by twentysomethings to:

Lead by example- strengthening the fabric of the Greater Oklahoma City area by positively impacting the lives of those among us
Champion a cause- representing young professionals in order to make our voices heard
Cultivate a passion- embodying the spirit that underlies the dreams and ideas of young professionals to shape a better Oklahoma

The Alliance of Emerging Professionals is a newly formed organization that was created by twentysomethings, for twentysomethings. It is the place for young professionals to network as well as give back to our community.

Members of AEP have monthly meetings and participate in several community service projects. AEP plans to host an annual signature event, as well as fundraisers and networking events throughout the year.

AEP is looking for people interested in making the metro area a more attractive place for young people to live in work. It is a place where young professionals can become influential leaders and take ownership in our city

Luke
11-29-2004, 11:12 PM
I sent an email via the "contact" link on the web page you listed. Sounds like a great organization. Thanks for the info.

Patrick
11-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Hey metro, thanks for letting us know about this. I'll check it out myself!

metro
11-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Yes, indeed. If you fall into the membership parameters, I strongly encourage you to attend our next general meeting. We have a membership board meeting tonight and I will let them know about the post. We will be the voice of our generation and help to reshape this city. I guarantee you will hear more about us in the coming weeks !!!

Luke
11-30-2004, 07:21 PM
So, I missed a meeting tonight? Rats...

metro
12-01-2004, 09:46 AM
No, not technically, it was more of a committee meeting and not a general meeting, we will have our next general meeting in about 2-3 weeks. Our last one was at Matt Hofmans bike warehouse, it was sweet. I'll keep you guys posted.

Luke
12-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Great!

metro
12-11-2004, 09:57 AM
The Alliance of Emerging Professionals welcomes you to the AEP North Pole Party! Details of the event are listed below and we hope to see everyone there!

AEP North Pole Party – Wednesday December 15th

7:00 Dinner at Museum Cafe (415 Couch Drive ~ Downtown Oklahoma City)

8:30 Ice Skating at the Downtown Ice Rink (Just a short walk from the Museum Cafe outside the Civic Center)

Bring a friend to learn about AEP and bring a scarf to enjoy skating under the stars. If you are interested, PM me for more info.

floater
12-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Great idea, the AEP. If I was in town, I'd do the North Pole Party.

Luke
12-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Oh, I'd love to go, but I attend church on Wednesday night... at 7:00.

I'll have to catch the next meeting.

metro
12-15-2004, 10:42 AM
the party is tonight if you guys want to come, PM me for more info

Patrick
12-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Me too Luke! I was also at church Wednesday night. metro, any uupdates from the event? Please keep us up to date on future events like this.

Luke
12-17-2004, 05:32 AM
Yeah, let us know how it went.

metro
12-17-2004, 09:49 AM
actually, i was unable to make it do to prior obligations, i hear it went well though. this is just a small event compared to what we will be doing in the new year. we will be having several large events including a signature event that we will be known by throughout the city, kind of like the arts council when they do Festival of the Arts and things like that. I'll keep you guy's updated on future events and meetings. you can always check our site which is progressing at www.aepoklahoma.com

metro
01-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Join other young professionals at the new Downtown Library next Monday night for the first meeting in 2005! Our agenda features Downtown OKC President Dave Lopez speaking on "Vision 2005 and Young Professionals", a networking reception, and the introduction of the AEP "Class of 2005" membership application.

AEP is committed to giving back to the community, strengthening the fabric of Oklahoma City, and providing excellent networking, social, and educational opportunities for our members. Not to mention meeting new friends and having alot of fun!

Who: Twentysomethings with a passion for life and Oklahoma City
What: Monthly meeting
When: Monday, January 10th, 6:45-8pm
Where: New Downtown Library, 2nd Floor Friends Room
Cost: Free

**Afterwards we will be heading to the Bricktown Brewery - come join us! (Free parking)**

For more information visit www.aepoklahoma.com or call (405) 227 - 9037

metro
01-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Young professionals sought

By Melissa Marchel
Business Writer

A newly formed organization for young professionals is seeking its first round of membership applicants.
The Alliance of Emerging Professionals is a networking and community service group aimed at the twenty-something set. The group formed in October and is looking to add to its ranks, said Trevor Francis, founder of the organization.

Francis said AEP has held about six meetings and grows in numbers after each session. He counted about 110 people on the group's roll sheet.

The group's formation was prompted by what Francis saw as a void for young professionals to get involved in their community.

"I wanted to get involved but didn't have a place," Francis, 23, said. "Our age group is overlooked by other organizations, so AEP is targeted for us."

Potential members must be gainfully employed or attending school or in an internship, and also must be in their 20s. Each AEP member will be part of a biannual class of members that will organize a community service project and attend leadership training together. Dues are $100 annually.

Dave Lopez, president of Downtown OKC, a non-profit business enhancement association, spoke to a group of more than 30 AEP members Monday about developments in downtown.

"I applaud you on your mission," Lopez said. "You're clearly the talent we can't lose in Oklahoma City."

AEP's next meeting will be at 7 p.m. Jan. 20 at the Montgomery, 500 W Main in downtown Oklahoma City.

Patrick
01-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey metro....please continue to keep us up to date on these meetings. I'd like to try to start making them. Even if I can't though, I enjoy hearing reports from these meetings.

Patrick
01-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Hey metro and Luke.....to aid in getting information out about these meetings, I'm going to stick this to the top of the page with our other ongoing threads. Please keep us up to date on future meetings and post reminders and locations.

metro
01-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Yes I will, and if it is permissable I will give updates from our committee meetings if beneficial

Patrick
01-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Treat this like mranderson's Dell thread...update it as much as you'd like!

metro
01-14-2005, 01:33 PM
yes, i meant however permissable as from AEP's side, I dont want to leak any proprietary info, but thanks Patrick for the sticky and everything else

Patrick
01-14-2005, 01:40 PM
No problem! I completely understand! Hey, I'm sure I'll see you at one of the meetings soon!

metro
01-17-2005, 11:39 AM
If your a professional twentysomething, Save the Date:

On Thursday, January 20th, the Alliance of Emerging Professionals will gather for wine and cheese at downtown Oklahoma City's elite urban address - The Montgomery, 500 West Main.

The festivities begin at 7pm in the brand new Cosmopolitan Salon (facing Walker) on the ground level, where we will enjoy refreshments, music, FREE chair massages, and tours of the boutique custom residences that set the Montgomery apart. The evening will feature music from The Lee Rucker Jazz Trio. Lee Rucker, Director of the UCO Jazz Lab, is a respected and esteemed jazz musician and educator. He has toured with a host of musicians and bands regionally and nationally, and continues to bring some of the best jazz artists in the nation to Oklahoma in his capacity at the Jazz Lab.

Enjoy an evening meeting others your age and networking with emerging business, political, and community leaders!

Meeting Details -

What: Social reception
When: Thursday, January 20th, 7-8pm
Where: The Montgomery, 500 West Main, Downtown OKC http://www.themontgomeryokc.com

metro
01-21-2005, 09:22 AM
For all of those who didnt make it really missed out. Luke did you make it? Anyhow, it was a great night. There was an opening reception in the soon to be salon area of the Montgomery with free hors' de voures, cheese and wine and other drinks as well as a jazz band playing in the background. There were also free massages in the spa area. It was a semi-informal night when alot of networking, mingling and tours of the building as well as very nice giveaways throughout the night. I must say the building is alot bigger and nicer than it appears from first glance outside. The restaurant is about 3 times bigger than I was speculating. Bids are still up for who will fill the space. There will be a mens suit store, a coffee shop and other things but I forgot. The basement is huge and currently houses a fitness center and soon a ballroom and yet to be decided other venture. There is already a gift shop open on the second floor. 24 hour limo and conceirge service.

As far as the units go, I know there was alot of discussion in another thread questioning the quality. I must say they are well worth the price. They are much better than I thought and definetely better than the photographs online. I consider moving in myself. I talked to one gentleman resident who was from New York and loves the building and the new OKC. I definetely encourage you all to check out the Montgomery and join the AEP if you are a twentysomething leader in the community.

Luke
01-21-2005, 09:36 AM
metro, thanks for inquiring. I would have absolutely loved to have gone, but I lead a church small group Thursday nights.

Glad you had a great time. The Montgomery is a great place, huh? OKC can definitely be proud of it.

Patrick
01-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Any idea when the next meeting will be?

fiberhaus
01-26-2005, 08:28 AM
I first want to start by thanking Steven for his kind words for the group. It truly takes everyone to make this organization work.

Membership for Class I, 2005 is still open. I would recommend downloading an application from our website if you are interested in joining. Visitors are able to attend meetings at any time and I would encourage you to check out our next formal Monday meeting. Our meetings consist of one formal meeting a month on the first Monday and an informal meeting on the third Thursday of the month. Part of our membership requirements state that you must attend 1 meeting per month with the option to attend both. The details of our next Monday meeting are as follows:

What: Monthly meeting
When: Monday, February 7th, 6:45-8pm
Where: New Downtown Library, 2nd Floor Friends Room

I look forward to seeing you there!

Regards,

Trevor G. Francis
Principal / CEO
Fiberhaus Consulting LLC

metro
01-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Welcome and thanks Trevor for joining the site. Your insight will be beneficial.

Luke
01-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Great, look forward to the next meeting. I should be able to make that one.

okcpulse
01-26-2005, 09:14 AM
I, unfortunately, will not be able to attend, even though I'd love to. I work Friday through Tuesday, 2:30PM to 11PM. Please let us know what was discussed at the meeting.

Patrick
01-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Well....nice to have you aboard fiberhaus (Trevor).

Thanks for taking the time to register. We'd love for you to join us in discussing downtown and the "creative class," or whatever interests you here. Feel free to keep us up to date on AEP.

We're privileged to have Mayor Mick Cornett, and several other city leaders reading our site on a regular basis, so feel free to use this as a method to communicate with your city leaders!

If I can assist you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me, either via PM or email at Patrick@okctalk.net

metro
02-16-2005, 07:39 PM
AEP SOCIAL RECEPTION, Thursday, February 17, 7:00-8:00pm

The Alliance of Emerging Professionals (AEP) invites you to meet OKC's best and brightest twenty-somethings at LiT - Oklahoma City's ultimate "Chill Out" lounge - for our monthly social reception. Bring your colleagues and friends, relax with a martini or one of many fine libations and let the atmosphere show you the way to a whole new "LiTstyle".

Find out how to begin impacting the future of Oklahoma City by joining AEP...Learn about the initiatives and projects we are undertaking to shape a better tomorrow...Network with other young professionals...All while having a great time at one of OKC's sophisticated venues.

That's tomorrow Thursday, February 17, 7:00-8:00pm, LiT, 208 East Sheridan, Bricktown, http://www.lit-okc.com

Luke
02-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Shoot, won't be able to make this one either... :(

metro
03-09-2005, 09:59 AM
For those of you who missed out on this Mondays meeting downtown with Roy Williams, Greater OKC's Chamber of Commerce President , really missed out on whats happening with OKC. He reimphasized the fact we are America's 7th and 8th hottest cities according to several magazines recently discussed on OKCTalk also. I wont go into detail as it is a benefit of being an AEP member, however $1.2 billion in private business was a result of the MAPS projects and another 1.35 billion is on the drawing boards and will be unveiled very soon. Stay tuned!

Luke
03-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the update!

metro
03-16-2005, 06:48 PM
You're Invited to the Alliance of Emerging Professionals monthly social. AEP
wants you to meet OKC's best and brightest twenty-something's at the JRB Art
Gallery.
The event is free and it's open to all professional twenty-something's - be
sure to invite colleagues and friends!

Date: March 17, 2005
Time: 7-8:30p
Dress: Coat & Tie

On another note, what ever happened to the sticky this thread had?????

Patrick
03-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Somehow it got unstuck! I'm not sure what happened. I'll restick it to the top!

metro
03-17-2005, 05:17 PM
AEP is hosting a networking social tonight, 7pm, at the JRB Art Gallery in
Paseo. This coat and tie event features free valet parking, champagne and
cheese catered by Tom and Jerry's, and the best and brightest twenty
somethings in Oklahoma City - all in the ambiance of one of Paseo's finest
art galleries.

I look forward to seeing you there!

soonerguru
03-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Hey Metro,

I have a beef.

I'm a 30 something who pleaded and talked until I was blue in the face to any city leader of import while I was a 20 something to address the issues of young, not-as-well-connected members of our community.

Judging by the thoughtful posts on this board alone, I'm sure I wasn't the only one frustrated at the lack of organizations such as yours to belong to to make an impact in the community.

I am pleading with you to reconsider your organization to allow 30 somethings to join. We are by definition "emerging" professionals in this community.

I'm not sure what your organization's perception of the 30-plus set is, but many of us are just as much outsiders to the process as your group. Many of us have a lot of experience and connectivity that would be of value to your group. Similarly, we are YOUNG and full of energy and enthusiasm.

Please reconsider your restrictive membership policy. Changing it would be good for your organization and good for this city.

floater
03-23-2005, 03:52 PM
I agree. There are too few organizations like AEP for membership to be too narrow. I don't think you have to worry about a diluted message, and the "senior" members may be able to offer some great contacts and ideas.

metro
03-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Firstoff, I understand your concerns. Secondly, do not hold me accountable to any of my following opinions regarding this matter as they definetely are not the boards or organizations official stance on this issue.

Let me clarify. Firstly, in my opinion, I believe the organization was started mainly for our age group ( the recent college graduate) to have a transition organization after college and your early professional years to establish your networking because there was a lack of organizations a 20 year old could join and be a part of. We also are very concerned with civic issues and making the community a better place. Because of our success, the Chamber of Commerce and other organizations can tap our expertise and opinions of the (recent college graduate) on how to keep us here. As you know, probably more so when you were this age and still is, easy for a graduate or professional with just a few years of experience to leave this state for somewhere already established but yet get lost in the masses.

Our organization provides skills such as training, networking and other tools a young professional needs to learn and improve.

Again, I believe and this is not official, that the stance as far as the age group is several-fold. One reason being, there are several organizations an already established or upcoming 30 year old can join and be more on their level to make more of an impact, Leadership OKC, Rotary Club, Chamber of Commerce meetings, and other various organizations, many downtown. I realize your age group may even have more to offer than ours and could greatly benefit us, however I dont think that is our main focus. I think we are catering to a specific niche this community doesnt have. We are leaders and leaders in training. I know there are numerous city leaders in the more established 30something group.

I encourage several things to you at this point. One is you can contact Trevor (fiberhaus), who is a member of this site for a more official response. Two I encourage you to be more active in the city with Leadership OKC, the Chamber of Commerce and Downtown OKC Inc. Contact Roy Williams or Dave Lopez, I know that both of them will be happy to speak with you. Thirdly, I also encourage you once you have exhausted these resources further to possibly start another organization such as an AEP type organization for thirtysomethings that the other organizations are not providing. I think this would help further the greater cause of making OKC a better place!

floater
03-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the reasoned response. The problem with those organizations is that they have some barriers to get in, or are not suited to individuals. I believe (someone please correct if I'm wrong) you have to be nominated to get into the Rotary Club, you have to have completed a training course to become a member of Leadership OKC, and high membership dues (the chamber). The chamber and Downtown OKC are not meant for individuals (unless you own a business). It might be possible to join as volunteers, but what if we want more than project-specific get-togethers? To be able to get in and out and vary your level of involvement is also important.

While I believe in nonprofit organizations, I do think you can have too many. I know there are other similar organizations around the country that also include 30 somethings because we still face the same issues. People are waiting longer to get married, graduating from college later, getting advanced degrees (after which you still face the same issues after graduating), some are still living with their parents, etc.

And I started saying years ago, age is just a number...but that was for a different reason..;)

Please look at this as a statement of AEP's worth.

metro
03-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Again, I understand your concerns. I again advise you to contact Trevor (fiberhaus) for a more official stance on this issue as he is the founder, I'm confident he can better advise.

downtownguy
03-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Floater, I suggest you contact Proactive Volunteer, who I think has a great deal of experience and wisdom she can share on how to get hooked into local civic organizations. One way you can accomplish this, from my knowledge, is to volunteer with OKC Beautiful and the Arts Festival. That does not require any of the invites you mention. From there, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to get that invite into Leadership OKC or Rotary (assuming you prove to be a valuable contributor to the other groups)

soonerguru
03-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Metro,

Thanks for your response. I have some issues with your responses, however.

1. You assume I would want to join those organizations. No thanks. They are all led by the same people who run everything else: the Fred Halls, Bennetts, etc. Not interested.

2. You make 30-somethings out to be these married aliens who don't share your values and interests. Nothing could be further from the truth. Do you know how many bands I go see on a regular basis? Do you know how often I go out?

3. You are missing the boat on us, unless the purpose of your organization is just to pick up chicks and pat yourselves on the back about how important you are because Roy Williams meets with you. What are you going to do when your current members turn 30. Kick them out?

4. We are by definition YOUNG, EMERGING, PROFESSIONALS. Perhaps you think we have it made and have all of these connections but this town isn't that easy to break into.

5. The biggest thing you're missing is we are just as likely to leave OKC as your age group, maybe even more likely. We are also the ones the Chamber would like to see stick around and make this a happening place to live.

It doesn't make sense to balkanize and divide what little power we may have to affect positive change in the city. We are stronger with greater numbers. We cannot afford to let the status quo people divide us and dilute our efforts.

If you allow 30 somethings in your organization will grow and become more powerful without diluting its original intentions whatsoever.

floater
03-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Thanks, metro and downtownguy.

sweetdaisy
03-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Soonerguru, thank you so much for your input! As a YOUNG 30-something, I completely agree with what you said. When I first started reviewing this thread, I got really excited about AEP, until I saw it is restricted to 20's. How sad! :(

When I was in Ann Arbor, MI, I was involved with the Jaycees (Junior Chamber of Commerce). Some of you may have heard of it, some may not. Regardless, our chapter was large and very active in our community, effecting positive change throughout. Our membership base was 21 - 39 years of age. The great thing about this was the potential for mentoring, networking, and leadership development for everyone. There was opportunity for more mature members to assist younger members further their careers, and vice versa. I loved it. Unfortunately, the Jaycee chapter here in OKC is somewhat lethargic, and struggles to gain a foothold.

Anyway, my point is that learning and development can be a 2 way street. Sometimes allowing more "seasoned" individuals to enter your organization will create more color and opportunity for up-and-coming leaders. Like this website, the variety of thoughts and opinions are what makes it so great. Too narrow a viewpoint can be hazardous to forward progress.

Regardless, thanks to Metro for getting the word out. I would've loved to have had an organization like that to join when I first emerged from college.

metro
03-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Two things. First again, I STRONGLY advise that you contact Trevor who is still a member of this site. He is the founder and can give you an exact answer. Two I strongly disagree with your interpretation of my remarks. I clearly did not mention marriage and also said that your age group could provide possibly more than our generation. Thirdly, I did not assume you want to join those organizations, merely offering examples of organizations you can join, and too my knowledge, they do not have any prerequisites we do not have both AEP and Leadership OKC also have membership fees as well. I am glad you are wanting to be active in shaping our future and again encourage you to contact Trevor, Roy Williams, and Dave Lopez. My mentioning of them was merely to get you a start on how this city is run and how it can be changed. RW and DL are passionate about your and my generations and would definetely help you get plugged in on what could best benefit your generation without being good ole boy's like Fred Hall and Bennett's, Gaylord's , Everest's etc.

Metro,

Thanks for your response. I have some issues with your responses, however.

1. You assume I would want to join those organizations. No thanks. They are all led by the same people who run everything else: the Fred Halls, Bennetts, etc. Not interested.

2. You make 30-somethings out to be these married aliens who don't share your values and interests.

metro
03-31-2005, 10:30 AM
300 Park Ave,Oklahoma City,OK View Map
When: Monday, April 4, 7:00pm

AEP announces Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett as special guest speaker on Monday, April 4th, at the Downtown Library. Mayor Cornett will give a first hand report of important issues facing our city, and share ways we can influence the future our community.

Attendees will also learn about the initiatives each of the AEP committees are working on - including the April 21st social event and the April 24th community service project.

Invite your friends and come be a part of the best young professional organization in Oklahoma City.

Please contact me at svermillion@sonicdrivein.com, (405) 225-5706 with any questions or for more information.

"Lead by example. Champion a cause. Cultivate a passion"

Susan Vermillion
AEP Membership Chair

Buy the AEP tshirt!

Customized t-shirts for our April community service project need to be ordered on or before April 4th. Cost is $7-$9, depending on what size you want. If you would like to purchase a shirt but will be unable to attend the meeting on April 4, please contact Amanda Davis, amanda.davis@okstate.edu, (405)762-9237.

We will be volunteering with the OKC Memorial Kids' Marathon on Sunday morning, April 24th. Details will be available at the April 4th meeting, or at www.aepoklahoma.com.

okiemom
04-01-2005, 06:54 AM
While I'm all for networking and volunteerism, I do question the need for AEP with the existence of the Jaycees. On the other hand, people involved in AEP maybe individuals who tried the Jaycees and found it disapointing.

From the national Jaycee website

The United States Junior Chamber (Jaycees) gives young people between the ages of 21 and 39 the tools they need to build the bridges of success for themselves in the areas of business development, management skills, individual training, community service, and international connections. The U.S. Junior Chamber is a non-profit corporation/organization as described under IRS code 501 (c)(4).

Established in 1920 to provide opportunities for young men to develop personal and leadership skills through service to others, the Jaycees later expanded to include women, reflecting the growing influence and leadership of women in America.

For the past 83 years, Jaycees have been a force for good in America and around the world. Jaycees helped establish AirMail services in America with Jaycee Charles Lindbergh, and have raised millions of dollars for causes such as the Muscular Dystrophy Association and the March of Dimes. They have built parks, playgrounds, hospitals, ball fields, and housing for the elderly while conducting service and support programs in thousands of communities nationwide.

Jaycees can be found in all walks of life: governmental leaders such as past Presidents Bill Clinton and Gerald Ford, business tycoons such as Domino’s Pizza mogul Tom Monaghan, registered nurse and former Miss America Kaye Lani Rae Rafko-Wilson, sports heroes like basketball great Larry Bird – name the field and Jaycees can be found at the forefront.

With the focus of the nation on volunteerism, from the smallest towns to the largest cities, the Jaycees are enlarging areas of opportunity for young people.

Membership in the organization is on a local basis. Membership in a local chapter also entitles you to state membership, membership in The U.S. Junior Chamber and Junior Chamber International.Dues for membership into the organization are also on a local basis and vary from chapter to chapter.

Members are encouraged to get involved with local projects. Members are also encouraged to develop their leadership skills by taking on a position in the managment of the chapter. That leadership development can even be taken further to managing the state, national, and international organization.

Midtowner
04-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Okiemom, by the way I read what you're saying, I gather that the jaycees are more focused on community service -- particularly MDA. I believe AEP (which I am not a member of) is more about networking and improving the city. I think the missions of the organizations are different enough to ensure that duplicate efforts are not being made.

metro
04-01-2005, 08:20 AM
I appreciate your interests in our organization. Unfortunately everyone can never be pleased. To my knowledge, OKC does not have a functional Jaycee organization, or at least one that gets any recognition. I think our missions are totally different. Again, like I posted originally, these views are my opinions only and DO NOT reflect the official outlook of the organization. Again, I strongly encourage anyone who has a discrepancy to contact Trevor directly. This thread was designed as a mere outlet to convey our meeting times and places to the masses who qualify who may not know about us otherwise.

metro
04-21-2005, 04:44 PM
2824 North Pennsylvania Avenue,Oklahoma City,OK View Map
When: Thursday, April 21, 7:00pm

Guests and dates are welcome. (Please use the RSVP buttons, as it will help our host prepare for us.)

Dress is 'snappy casual.'

Drink specials will be available.

Come ready to win! We will give away2 FestiFriday tickets, courtesy of the Arts Council of Oklahoma City.

metro
05-02-2005, 12:34 PM
300 Park Ave,Oklahoma City,OK View Map
When: Monday, May 2, 7:00pm

Please join us this month as we are please to have Thomas S. Price, Jr., Sr. Vice-President, Investor and Government Relations for Chesapeake, as our guest speaker.

metro
05-18-2005, 10:36 AM
2 West Reno Ave,Oklahoma City,OK View Map
When: Thursday, May 19, 7:00pm

Join AEP for drinks and appetizers at the Courtyard Pavilion. The event will be free for members and $5 for any visitors or guests.

Complimentary Parking in the Courtyard Garage
Please RSVP by Tuesday, May 17, at noon, so our host can prepare for us.

metro
06-16-2005, 10:00 AM
314 NE 2nd Street,Oklahoma City,OK View Map
When: Thursday, June 16, 7:00pm to 10:00pm

Please RSVP to this Evite so we can have an accurate count for planning.

Cost: $5 for members, $7 for guests
Members get in FREE when you bring two "paying" guests.

Dress: Beach Casual. The pool will be open so bring your suit.

Entry fee covers Mexican food, non-alcoholic beverages and three drink tickets good for margaritas and beer.

Questions? Please contact:
A. Elizabeth Taylor, etaylor@oklahoman.com
or
Eileen Price, Eileen.price@jqh.com

travich
07-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Is there another one for July? I think I want to go...

metro
07-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Yes, travich, welcome to the board! The general meeting was Monday night but I failed to post it since I was out of town, we are having a social next thursday and I will copy and paste the details. Also I believe Aug. 6th we are having a trip somewhere nearby. Our meetings are the first Monday and third thursday every month, first meeting general and the second meeting is social. See you there! PM me if you go before you go and I'll introduce myself.

One Mickey Mantle Dr.,Oklahoma City,OK
When: Thursday, July 21, 7:00pm

Join AEP for a July mixer at one of Bricktown's newest restaurants. A great time to network, catch up with friends and enjoy an evening in Oklahoma City; we hope to see you upstairs at the Purple Bar.

Dress: 'Summer Professional'

Entry is free. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.

Please RSVP to this Evite so we can have a head count for our host.

escan
07-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Here's my question....I'm 29. (really). If I start coming to the AEP meetings, will I be asked to leave on my 30th birthday?

Just checking. I am passing this on to some of my younger colleagues, but since I'm "right on the line" wanted to feel the situation out before I showed up, started having fun and then was "banished!" :)

downtownguy
07-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Just keep your eye on that blinking crystal in your palm and get ready to run for Sanctuary.