View Full Version : Urban Neighbor's - official thread

metro
10-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I'd thought I'd create an Urban Neighbors official thread because there have been so many created for weekly events, etc. This way we can post all that's happening downtown related to Urban Neighbors (UN) in one central thread. For more info go to Home | Urban Neighbors (http://www.urbanneighbors.org)

Tonight is Urban Neighbors October social. It is from 5pm-7pm at the XO Lounge in the Colcord Hotel at 15 N. Robinson. There will be FREE appetizers and a cash bar. Tonight's topic will be "A Survivor's Guide to Downtown Events this Fall".

In addition to the social, the patio at the Colcord now has live music on Thursday's until 9pm, so come and make a night of it. Free Parking is on site, as well as valet available.

metro
01-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Next Social: Gear up for Cycling Downtown

Thursday, January 10, join Urban Neighbors at the super-chic RED PrimeSteak and hear all about the bike rack project lead by Urban Neighbors. In case you haven't noticed, if you ride your bike somewhere downtown, it will be hard to find a place to park it! The U.N. is hoping the change that.

Plans for improving bicycling Downtown will be the theme of the Urban Neighbors meeting this Thursday evening, January 10, at Red PrimeSteak restaurant.

There will be brief presentations around 6 pm from:
Lanc Gross, City of OKC Planner, on the City's Draft Bicycle Transportation Plan, including details about Downtown bike route projects funded in the recent City Bond Issue.

Mark Gibbs, Urban Neighbors, on the Rack-Up Downtown Project, including an update on preliminary bike rack site selections and the permitting process.

Terry Enos, Owner, Bicycle Alley, on the growing bike store trade on Automobile Alley.
Route maps, plans and site photos will also be on hand to review at your leisure. We would also love to talk with you informally and get your feedback.

Gear Up for Cycling Downtown
Red PrimeSteak
504 N. Broadway Avenue
5p - 7p, Jan. 10
Free Appetizers
$5 valet parking at the door and plenty of parking lots and street parking close-by.

RED PrimeSteak is open seven nights a week (yes, Sunday too!). The bar opens at 4:30 daily with happy hour specials from 4:30 to 7pm. Monday thru Friday. The dining room opens at 5.

Hit the Lanes!
Guess what……..Urban Neighbors is starting a bowling league at Red Pin in Bricktown. Official details will be announced at the social on January 10.

OKC on YouTube
When you have some free time, please help move our positive Oklahoma City videos to the top of the "Oklahoma City" results on YouTube. The goal is to bump some of the tornado, bombing conspiracy and "lady of the evening" content off the top results for Oklahoma City. If you have a YouTube account, click the link below to watch the OKC videos and give them a FIVE STAR rating. Higher ratings will move us up in the search results. Note: you do not have to watch the whole video to rate it, but you do need a free YouTube account to rate videos.

Please feel free to forward this request to anyone interested in promoting more positive Oklahoma City media on YouTube. Thanks!
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=VisitOklahomaCity)

A few UPCOMING EVENTS in Downtown OKC

PINK MARTINI AND Oklahoma City Philharmonic
Date: Friday, January 18, 2008 - Saturday, January 19, 2008
Time: 8 p.m.
Civic Center Music Hall
Somewhere between a 1930s Cuban dance orchestra, a classical chamber music ensemble, a Brasilian marching street band and Japanese film noir is the 12-piece Pink Martini. Classically trained and internationally inspired, Pink Martini will be your drink of choice.
CivicCenter (http://www.okcciviccenter.org)

Oklahoma City Museum of Art Oklahoma City Museum of Art - More than a Museum (http://www.okcmoa.com)
FILM: Bruce Springsteen: Live in Barcelona
Saturday, January 12, 8pm SPECIAL PRICE: $10 per person, no discounts apply. Advance tickets go on sale Wednesday, January 2, 2008. Call 405-278-8237, Tuesday through Saturday, 10am to 5pm.

24th Annual Omelette Party to stage bal au MoulEGG Rouge
The 24th Annual Omelette Party, is Saturday night, February 2, 7 p.m. to midnight, at the Coca Cola Bricktown Events Center. Featured omelettes prepared by chefs from local restaurants, an art raffle, and dancing to the music of Banana Seat. The popular mid-winter fundraiser, an icon known for its zany themes and decorations, will benefit the Museum's exhibitions program. Tickets are $65 in advance, $70 at the door. For more information call (405) 236-3100, ext. 237.

ESPNU Wrestling Invitational
Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:00 PM - Sunday, January 20, 2008 8:30 PM
At The Ford Center. Tickets on sale at all Ticketmaster outlets, 405-235-8288, or Ford Center - Oklahoma City (http://www.okfordcenter.com),

Some noteable upcoming CONCERTS at the Ford Center:
January 22nd Van Halen
January 29th Foo Fighters

Looking for something new to try downtown? Try climbing a wall at Rocktown! Rocktown Climbing Gym - About (http://www.rocktowngym.com)
Rocktown Climbing Gym is the premiere rock climbing center in Oklahoma City. Featuring indoor and outdoor top rope and lead climbs in excess of 80 feet, bouldering, and instruction. They cater not only to the die-hard expert climber but to families and those of all abilities seeking adventure.
Monday-Friday 4 pm - 10 pm
Saturday 10 am - 8 pm

URBAN NEIGHBORS ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW
The UN's membership is made up of residents, business owners, corporate citizens, and general supporters. Through its membership base, the UN will work to foster community development in downtown.

Urban Neighbors was developed to foster quality residential living in Downtown Oklahoma City. Urban Neighbors will help build community between neighbors through fun events, meetings, and socials. The UN offers an official direct conduit to The City of Oklahoma City for issue development/analysis, statistical information, and project development/implementation.

Monthly Events: The UN's monthly social, held at a variety of downtown locations, is always the 2nd Thursday of each month.

The borders of the UN are (N) 13th Street, (S) Oklahoma River, (E) Broadway Extension, and (W) Classen Boulevard.

Membership Levels:
Downtown Residents $25
Friends of Urban Neighbors $25 (live out of borders; non-voting member)Businesses/Services $100

To become involved, attend one of our meetings or socials or contact us at info@urbanneighbors.org.
Address: P.O. Box 2293, Oklahoma City, OK 73101
Home | Urban Neighbors (http://www.urbanneighbors.org)

metro
01-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Just wanted to remind everyone that the Urban Neighbors meeting is tonight. If you're an advocate of downtown or you'd just be happy to see more bike friendly services downtown please attend!!

BoulderSooner
01-10-2008, 07:38 PM
good meeting tonight .. it was my first ..and i met a bunch of friendly people.

were you there metro?

tuck
01-11-2008, 08:46 AM
I hope everyone had a productive meeting at Red PrimeSteak last night. I was unable to attend, but, my managers have said nothing but great things about the group of attendees. If you guys ever need anything, please let us know.

metro
01-11-2008, 09:02 AM
good meeting tonight .. it was my first ..and i met a bunch of friendly people.

were you there metro?

Yes, I was there, I'm one of the board members. Not sure if I met you or not. I'll PM you.

metro
01-11-2008, 09:04 AM
I hope everyone had a productive meeting at Red PrimeSteak last night. I was unable to attend, but, my managers have said nothing but great things about the group of attendees. If you guys ever need anything, please let us know.

Thanks tuck, I was looking for you. Anyhow I headcounted about 75 but I think a few more snuck in progressively. It was definitely a step in the right direction to get more bike lanes and bike racks in downtown OKC. As always, the food was great and I even ordered some to take home to the mrs. RedPrime was sure hopping even without the UN meeting. The bottom floor and bar area were packed out with downtowners and peoples from all different backgrounds and nationalities. Nice to see a limo dropping people off as well. Definitely had that "big city" feel.

metro
06-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Urban Neighbors Monthly Social TONIGHT!

June 12, 2008 | 5:00 PM to 7:00 PMEvent Name
Urban Neighbors Monthly Social

Event Description
The U.N.'s June social event is on the patio at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill. Who should attend? Downtown residents or those who are just excited about downtown and want to get engaged in the downtown community. Free appetizers and a cash bar will be provided. Come out and meet your neighbors! Toby Keith's is located in lower Bricktown, on the canal, at 310 Johnny Bench Dr. About Urban Neighbors: Urban Neighbors is downtown OKC's neighborhood organization. Our membership-based organization encourages the further development of quality residential living through positive interactive meetings, social events, and issue-oriented dialogue and activities. Our organization is committed to making downtown an exciting place to live! The monthly social is always the 2nd Thursday of each month.

Event Address
310 Johnny Bench Drive Oklahoma City OK 73104
Event Contact
Home | Urban Neighbors (http://www.urbanneighbors.org)
okc-un@urbanneighbors.org

Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill

310 Johnny Bench Drive,
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Visit Website
The U.N.'s June social event is on the patio at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill. Who should attend? Downtown residents or those who are just excited about downtown and want to get engaged in the downtown community.

Free appetizers and a cash bar will be provided. Come out and meet your neighbors!

Toby Keith's is located in lower Bricktown, on the canal, at 310 Johnny Bench Dr.

metro
04-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Thursday Night -April 9th, 2009

Urban Neighbors April social is this Thursday the 9th at the downtown Mercedes-Benz Dealership. Midtown Renaissance will make a presentation on their residential projects that are currently underway. Free appetizers and a cash bar provided by McNellie’s Public House of Plaza Court. Hope to see you there!