View Full Version : Ice skating rink is open

Keith
11-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Hey, for all of you ice skating enthusiasts, the ice skating rink across from City Hall is now open. For those who don't know the location of it :whisper: , it is between City Hall and the Civic Center.

There is a camera propped up in one of the offices in city hall, and occasionally, during the day and night, the camera will give you a live shot of the skating rink on channel 20 (Cox). If you have Windows Media, you can log on to www.okc.gov, click on the skatecam link, and watch it live from your computer.

This last weekend, I watched a little bit of channel 20, and when they showed a live shot of the skating rink, there were lots of people there. What is really amazing is that, even if it is warm outside (60's or so), you can still ice skate. :dance:

Plus, if I am not mistaken, they also have portable :Smiley275 for your convenience.

Midtowner
11-29-2004, 01:06 PM
I'm going to have to visit. A 2 block walk from the apartment :D

I haven't ice-skated in years. I do recall having to skate straight into a wall or fall on purpose to stop though. Looking forward to the bruises.

Keith
11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
I see you stop the way I do. At my age, the ole bones get a little more brittle, so ice skating is not my way of having fun. Plus, since I have a reputation of being clumsy......clumsy + ice = call 911 :eek: . I do like to watch, though.

MasterWolf
11-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Its been awhile since I been Ice Skating. Sure was fun back in the day. Running into walls and other people. It was great!!!

Patrick
11-29-2004, 11:34 PM
As Keith said, it is fun to just watch. My fiancee and I also don't skate, but we went last year to just observe! We had fun with it! Also, they have some pretty nice concessions nearby to keep you all warm and toasty!

Ms.Relaxationstation
11-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Seem like a cast would be much cheaper than a heating bill this time of year. Hey, I might have to give it a try. I've never been- life's too short not to try something new. Do they have skates for rent???

Luke
11-30-2004, 09:32 AM
Yes, they rent skates there. $8 I believe. $5 if you have your own skates.