View Full Version : Looking for a "young" church of christ

raw98682
10-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I live in nw okc and am looking for a church of christ that isn't filled with old people.
It doesn't even have to be church of christ, but I need communion every week and minimalist worship (no band, nothing showy). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Martin
10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
alot of people like memorial road which is at eastern & memorial rd. being next to oc, it's a rather youthful congregation. they may be considered pretty large for some people's tastes and it's not exactly in nw okc, but due to the university they have thriving college and young professional groups.

if you prefer a more "progressive" church of christ, quail springs is in nw okc. it's about a 1/4 mile north of memorial on may ave. they have a "praise team" so it may be a bit showy for your tastes. (it is for mine, but that's a whole other discussion)

other than that, i couldn't tell you any gory details about coc's in nw okc. i can list a bunch, but i don't know how youthful they are.

i go to southwest church of christ on sw 104th & may. we're fairly conservative for a mainstream coc. we've got a pretty good mix of older and younger members. in fact, i help out alot with their college/young professional group. we're just a quick drive down i-44 from nw okc!

-M

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-11-2007, 12:28 AM
PM me...My best friend is devout Church of Christ, and knows all of them in town very well (his uncle preaches at one of them).

raw98682
10-13-2007, 06:15 PM
hmm... I dont know how to pm...

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Click on my username, and in the drop-down menu that appears there will be an option for "private message". Just click that and send away.

yukong
10-18-2007, 11:00 PM
North MacArthur CofC is on MacArthur and Britton. There is a mix of older and younger people...but there are a lot of young people, and the minister is young and the family minister is very young. That is where I go, and it is a great church.

yukong
10-18-2007, 11:08 PM
mmm:

How long have you gone to Southwest? My family went there for many years back at the old building on S. Agnew. That is where I went as a kid. I still have a lot of friends there and know many of the old timers. And of course, Lewis Hale. He was at our congregation back in the summer for our summer Wednesday evening series and he spoke. It was good to see and hear him again, and to see his wife. Anyway, just wondering how long you have been there.

Martin
10-19-2007, 05:19 AM
yukong,

not that long... it'll be four years in december, so i've never even set foot in the old building. i'm sure we know a few of the same people! if i'm not mistaken, charles williams is one of the ministers at north mac. he used to preach where i used to attend.

-M

yukong
10-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Yes, Charles is one of our Elders, and he is the head of the education program and also teaches classes and is one of the associate ministers and thus preaches when needed. He is a great man.

Well, maybe I'll see you at the next homecoming. My folks always go, and I try to when I can.