View Full Version : A Vintage Affair - wine tasting party

metro
10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
A Vintage Affair

As Fall quickly approaches and a chill enters the air, the aromatic tannins from wines across the country are traveling to Oklahoma City this October as Children’s Medical Research Institute and The Oklahoma Health Center Foundation celebrate the 3rd annual, “A Vintage Affair.”

The all city tasting party starts Saturday, October 20 at 6:30 p.m. at the PHF Research Park Pavilion and includes hors d’oeuvres and wine tasting from special guest vineyards. The cost for the event is $50 per person. To attend this dazzling event you must purchase tickets in advance. Proceeds from this event will benefit Children’s Medical Research Institute and the Oklahoma Health Center Foundation.

An event of this magnitude could not be pulled off without the financial support from these Title Sponsors; MidFirst Bank, SandRidge Energy, Chesapeake Energy, Dobson Communications, Naifeh Companies, Jim & Jill Williams, Eventures, AT&T, and Mathis Brothers.

Oklahoma’s best culinary cuisines will tickle your taste buds and will be brought to you by; Bellini’s Ristorante & Grill, Bin 73 Wine Bar, Deep Fork Grill, The Oklahoma City Museum of Art Café, Park Avenue Grill/Skirvin Hotel, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Red Primesteak, Rococo, The Wedge Pizzeria, and Paseo Grill.

On October 20th, Oklahomans can indulge in their senses as they sniff, swirl and taste the bouquet of flavors from some of the world’s finest wines from vineyards including; Abadia Retuerta, Alamos, Alpha Domus, Artezin, Banfi, Benessere, Benton Lane, Benziger, Big Tattoo, Brancott, Catena, Château Coutet, Château Fonbadet, Château-Mongravey, Clos du Bois, Cousino Macul,Craggy Range, Domaine Carneros, Earthquake, Eola Hills, Firestone, Fonseca, Pighin, G.H. Mumm, Geyser Peak, Girard, Gridley Cellars, Heitz Cellar, Hendry, Hess, Huia, Icaria Creek, Incognito, J Vineyards, Jacob’s Creek, Johndrow, Kenwood, Matchbook, Merryvale, Michael David, Michele Chiarlo, Mossback, Mumm Napa, Oriel, Oyster Bay, Peachy Canyon, Perrier Jouët, Peter Lehmann, Piper-Heidsieck, Pine Ridge, Rutherford Ranch, Schmitt Sohne, Schramsberg, Sequoia Grove, Silverado, Spinyback, St. Francis, Taylor- Fladgate, Titus, Toad Hollow, Veraison, Wein-Bauer, Wanted Wines, Whitehall Lane and X Winery. During this extraordinary weekend, the best local chefs and celebrity vintners will come together to delight gourmander’s senses with the some of Oklahoma’s finest cuisine and premier wine selections.

Amazing people have banded together to create a solid committee dedicated to raising money for Children’s Medical Research Institute and The Oklahoma Health Center Foundation. This year’s committee includes Steve and Annie Dussek (Co-chairs), Dan Howard and Tiffany Sewell-Howard (Co-chairs), Ashley Altshuler (auction chairman), Lori Tyler (catering chairman), Mary Ellen Alexander (decorations chairman), Hershel Lamirand, Laurie Givens, Jana Evans and honorary chairman Sue Homsey and the Naifeh family.

For reservations and ticket information please contact Kacy Hensley at 405-271-2205. Valet Parking is available and dress is business casual.

TStheThird
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
That sounds like a hell of time. I want to a similar event this past weekend to raise money for d'Art Center in Norfolk as well as their programs for kids. Good food, good wine, good times...

This event is like that on steroids. I encourage all to go that have a chance. It will most certainly be a great food and wine experience. What ticks me off... I will be in town, but at a party for my mother in law. Maybe I can sneak away.