View Full Version : ESPN's Gameday to Broadcast from OU this weekend!

metro
10-09-2007, 07:18 AM
University of Oklahoma announces ESPN will broadcast GameDay from Norman

10/8/2007
The University of Oklahoma announced today ESPN will broadcast its GameDay program from campus Saturday.

The sixth-ranked Sooners will face the undefeated and 11th-ranked Missouri Tigers at 5:30 p.m. on Fox Sports Net. It will be the Homecoming game for Oklahoma.

It will be the 14th time the show has broadcast preceding an Oklahoma game, including last year's game at Texas A&M.

GameDay's last visit to Norman was for the 2003 Oklahoma State game. Other trips to Norman included the 2000 Nebraska game, the 2001 Kansas State game and the 1995 Colorado game.

The exact location for the GameDay set will be determined later this week.

GameDay features host Chris Fowler and analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard, who spend two hours each Saturday morning providing in-depth coverage of college football.

The Sooners have sold out the stadium for the last 52 straight games.

PUGalicious
10-09-2007, 08:33 AM
It's kind of odd that they would host GameDay in Norman when neither ESPN or ABC, but rather a competitor is broadcasting the game itself. Good for OU, regardless.

venture
10-09-2007, 08:58 AM
They were at LSU last week and that game was on CBS. It just comes down to the most important game of the week (according ot them anyway). This week just happens to be #6 vs #11...so thats a pretty good match up. :)

Misty
10-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Kirk is the man, I can't wait for this!

soonerliberal
10-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Two weeks ago when ABC passed on this game, Missouri was barely ranked and OU was number 3. The game has a completely different dynamic now. It's a great way to expose OU! I just hope they set up on the north side of the stadium so that the nicer side of OU is seen.

okclee
10-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Fox Sports South does a bad job of broadcasting the Big 12 games?? Their telecast is comparable to the Cox TV High School games.

soonerliberal
10-09-2007, 10:08 AM
I think the broadcast quality is pretty good for a regional provider; however, their broadcast teams have a tendency to get on my last nerve and get excessively distracted from the game.

okclee
10-09-2007, 10:25 AM
The Sat. night games on ESPN, ABC, or CBS, have better quality in both broadcast and broadcasters. They also have better hype, with the pregame show.

I think that the BIG 12 deserves better, with more Sat. night games on ABC or ESPN.

soonerliberal
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I heard through the grapevine that Gameday will be setup at the end of the Track on the East side of the stadium providing for a great backdrop of the East End of of the stadium and Heisman Park.

FritterGirl
10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I heard through the grapevine that Gameday will be setup at the end of the Track on the East side of the stadium providing for a great backdrop of the East End of of the stadium and Heisman Park.

If I recall that's where they were in '01 when Nebraska came to town - Heupel's NC year.

John
10-10-2007, 12:29 PM
If I recall that's where they were in '01 when Nebraska came to town - Heupel's NC year.

Nebraska @ OU, and the National Championship were in 2000.

Gameday set up inside the SW corner of the stadium then.

FritterGirl
10-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Nebraska @ OU, and the National Championship were in 2000.

Gameday set up inside the SW corner of the stadium then.

That's right. I was thinking of that big "Tostito's Fun Plaza" or whatever it was on the East side over by the athletic dorms. Whatever it was, it was not normally there.

Thanks for the date correction, too. The NC game was played in 2001, hence my mistake in writing 2001 and not 2000.