View Full Version : What would you, do you, miss about Oklahoma?

PennyQuilts
10-09-2007, 05:36 AM
I miss the thunderstorms, the smells, the fresh air, the long view, the sunsets and the lack of traffic. I am curious what others who have left Oklahoma miss about it, and what those who remain think they would miss if they left.

teacher girl
10-09-2007, 02:48 PM
when we lived in texas for a few years, I missed the traffic here! it's INSANE down there and here, during "rush hour traffic" I can get from edmond to more in a bit over 20 minutes!. traffic HAHAAHHA

also, when I lived in texas, I missed my friends and family~~

now that we are back in OKC, I miss the FOOD in texas~~~and that is it!

Misty
10-09-2007, 03:30 PM
When I left I really missed the people. OKC is the biggest small town I've ever seen. Everyone knows each other and there is a real "small town feel" for a city this size. I was gone almost 8 years. I moved back and it was like I'd never left. I've never made friendships in any other city like I did here. The people here are the biggest treasure in this city and we should promote that. I missed OU football too. Most of all I missed Gary England shouting DOPPLER 9000 X L!

FRISKY
11-30-2007, 11:40 AM
This will sound strange, but I missed the "flatness" of the terrain. I lived in several mountainous areas of the country and although mountains are probably considered by most people to be more beautiful than prairies, I grew tired of all that monolithic jutting rock. When I returned I was pleasantly surprised to see one of Oklahoma’s beautiful sunrises spread out across a flat sea of prairie grass sprinkled with an infinite number of sparkles from the sun glistened thru the early morning dew drops.

CMSturgeon
11-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I would, of course, miss my family most of all. But I think I would miss the local restaurants like Pizza Shuttle and Chelinos, and would miss not seeing a strip club or adult store everywhere I look... (yeah I like that stuff but I dont like the city being littered with it).. I can't really think of much else.. Other than all of the considerate people here.