View Full Version : Randy Hogan....

BricktownGuy
11-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know of what Randy Hogan is going to be doing next? what projects are upcoming???

downtownguy
11-28-2004, 08:32 PM
The last newspaper accounts indicated he was weighing whether to do a deal that would result in either a second hotel or a residential high rise just west of the fountain.
-The Downtown Guy
www.downtownguy.blogspot.com

metro
11-29-2004, 10:10 AM
what thread is it in???

Patrick
11-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Yeah, the Oklahoman has mentioned that he's considering either a high-rise hotel or residential tower just north of the theater and south of Reno.....over on the west side fo the canal.....on the UHaul end. Also, he still has one pad left for development next to Toby Keith's Road House. From what I've been told, he's still looking for a tenant for that property. By the way, the land has already been sold to Hammons to build the Embassy Suites in between the Sonic Building and Bass Pro Shop....so look forward to that coming next year! Or at least ground will be broken for it in 2005.

Also, space is still for lease in the Sonic/Nothing But Noodles Restaurant Building. Looks like a pretty nice space near the fountain. I'm sure someone will snatch it up soon.

Luke
11-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Lots of synergy down there. I predict that Summer '05 is gonna be a BOOMING year for Downtown and Bricktown. Mark it down.

Patrick
11-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Amen to what Luke said! As development continues to pick up and more people frequent Bricktown, land will become so valuable down there, surface lots will be a thing of the past in the middle of Bricktown and directly on the canal! Just wait and see!

BricktownGuy
11-30-2004, 09:36 PM
from what I understand, Hogan doesn't have much area left to commerialize in this bricktown area?? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Patrick
12-01-2004, 12:27 AM
I think we need to look at this from a few different perspectives.

1. The Randy Hogan perspective. Yes, other than the property where he's looking at planning a residential tower or high rise hotel and the property next to Toby Keith's Roadhouse, he has no other property planned to develop. It is important to note though that he does still own rights to all of that land surrounding the canal. So as development continues in other areas of Bricktown and as traffic increases, I'm sure Hogan will see the financial bonus of turning several of the surface lots into development sites. Also, once I-40 is moved, that will open up more parking space for the theater....thus, maybe some fo the theater parking can be developed. There are all sorts of small little nooks and crannies Hogan can put buildings on. I don't see him being completely finished after he fills the remaining space. As demand increases, I see him continuing to find bigger and better ways to develop his property. Also, the city has talked many times about development expanding south. If traffic continues to increase, Hogan might be selected to continue development southward. Sure, it's slated to remain park for now, but they city is really open in regards to the south canal. If a decent development proposal comes there way, I can't see them turning it down.

2. Development will begin to take off in other areas of Bricktown. We'll see development on the Redhawks lot, the Steel Yard, and more development on the north canal. Of course this won't be by Randy Hogan, but it's worth mentioning.

BricktownGuy
12-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Patrick mentioned the following:

"Development will begin to take off in other areas of Bricktown. We'll see development on the Redhawks lot, the Steel Yard, and more development on the north canal. Of course this won't be by Randy Hogan, but it's worth mentioning."

Who are the other developers of Bricktown besides Hogan????

Who are other major commercial developers in and around OKC (Moore, Edmond, etc)??

Patrick
12-04-2004, 01:30 AM
Where should we start? In Bricktown alone there are quite a few other developers.

1. The owner of the Steel Yard (th eold W W Steel Co)
2. The Oklahoma Redhawks own their parking lot and have proposals from 3 different developers, 2 of which include multi-use retail and housing.
3. The owners of the Factory Development.....the Factory probably will not occur on the original scale, but something will happen.
4. Jim Brewer, owner of many buildings in Bricktown
5. Many other Bricktown property owners along the north canal and elsewhere
6. McDermid and Company, developing the FlatIron District and Town Square concept.

The list is longer, I just don't have a complete list in front of me rigt now. Downtownguy probably has the list.

Man, city-wide there are tons of developers working on various projects. I wouldn't know where to start.

BricktownGuy
12-07-2004, 02:45 PM
oops... I should have said, "who are the MAJOR developers in the OKC metro area"

If someone tried to answer my last posting... that would have been a neverending list.

Patrick
12-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Well, actually that's a neverending question as well. I wouldn't say there are just a few MAJOR developers. There are developers workig on projects across the city. I guess the largest retail projects at the moment would be the Memorial Park re-development at the NE corner of Memorial and Penn and Westgate Market Place, between MacArthur and Rockwell off Reno Ave and I-40.

Depending on what you want to still consider in development, you could include the Chesapeake campus, Belle Isle Station Shopping Center, Quail Springs Market Place Shopping Center, the retail development out in Yukon, all of the re-development occurring in Midwest City, the Riverwalk retaildevelopment in Moore, etc. etc. etc.

Housing developers like Ideal homes continue to build.

Luke
12-08-2004, 05:45 AM
A couple questions. Patrick (or anyone), do you know what else is going to be in the Belle Isle shopping center? It's mostly full, but there are some spots available nexto Pei Wei. Also, I drove up to SuperTarget on Penn and Memorial and saw the the PF Chang's restaurant is open. They are leveling the ground directly next to the restaurant. Anyone know what that will be?

Patrick
12-08-2004, 12:15 PM
First....Belle Isle Station.....those spots are still for lease. They'll fill up as interested parties come forward requesting the space. Maggie Moo's and Jamba Juice have considered spots there, but I'm not sure if they'll follow through.

Now, your question about the Memorial Square redevelopment. There will be a total of three to four restaurants building there, all backing up to a common courtyard. So, they'll kind of be arranged in a cross pattern with a courtyard in the middle of all four restaurants. There should be seating for all four restaurants in the common courtyard...of course, each restaurant will have a patio of sorts.