View Full Version : Cheap Cabins Near Oklahoma City?

solitude
10-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm looking to get away for a week or so and would like a peaceful cabin not too far from the metro. Everything I can find is really expensive, as in $150 a night and rates like that. Cabins are defined pretty loose as well, as many of them ate two story four bedroom places. What I am looking for is a one room cabin with electricity, a a microwave and a refrigerator on one of the area lakes. If anyone has experience with this, and know of rates around $50 for the simple setup described above, I'd love to hear about it. If not in the OKC area, I'd even consider SE Oklahoma. I've done the Internet search with links to various places but they are all very expensive. Anyone have personal experience and can help?

Karried
10-06-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm running out the door but we stayed at Robber's Cave's cabin during the week for a few nights and I want to say it was around $65 a night I think? Very simple and basic but beautiful hiking trails and very scenic. Great fishing and a really nice getaway.

flintysooner
10-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Not sure what you call close but Greenleaf State Park is about 2.5 hours from OKC and the cabins there are about $65 per night. I think it is a wonderful little park for a peaceful getaway.

jbrown84
10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah the state park cabins sound like they'd be exactly what you're looking for.

Parks with Cabins (http://www.touroklahoma.com/cabins.asp)

solitude
10-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the replies....I think Greenleaf it will be for late October!

jbrown84
10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Great choice!