View Full Version : Okc Comedy Night 2007

Joeldavidd
10-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Hello.

I'm a columnist with the Oklahoman and a standup comedian who is producing and performing in the first OKC Comedy Night at Stage Center on October 12th at 8 o'clock.

This came about as a result of all the talented comedians that have come out of Oklahoma City so my partner, Jason Black, of KJ-103, are producing a one night only event in downtown OKC. I would like for this to become a benchmark for comedy in the area. We both believe there is unmatched comedic talent and truly believe OKC can support a show like this.

This is a one night event and we've managed to get 9 comics to perform at the same venue for one night only. This includes a very special performance from Comedy Central's Nathan Anderson.

I included the press release below with all the ticket information. I just think it would be great if everyone came out to support the show and the OKC Comedy Scene.

Tickets are only ten bucks and available at tickets.com by calling 297-2264 or by going to the Civic Center Box Office. We will sell out, but I just wanted to give everyone an opportunity to get tickets before the TV and radio ads start for it. We also will have a feature run in the Gazette next Thursday so keep an eye out for that.

This is a one time special comedy event and it will be the funniest thing you see all year.

Thanks and I hope to see you all there.

- Joel David

STAND UP COMEDY COMES TO DOWNTOWN OKC FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY

OKC Comedy Night To Be Held At Stage Center Friday October 12th

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - October 4, 2007 - Giggle Sack Productions founder and CEO Jason Black announced today that the first OKC Comedy Night will be held at Stage Center in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City on Friday October 12th at 8pm. "We’ve assembled the best homegrown comedians for an unforgettable special event." Black told reporters today. "OKC Comedy Night showcases professional comedians with roots in Oklahoma who now work professionally across the country. This really is an exciting event."

Appearing will be Jason Black, Joel Decker, Spencer Hicks, Joel Panther, Seth Joseph, Brad Chad Porter, Leah Kayajanian, Chris Dowell and special guest, Comedy Central’s Open Mic Fight comedian Nathan Anderson.

Tickets for this special event start at ten dollars and are available at the Civic Center box office, by calling 405 297-2264 or online at tickets.com.

sia_13
10-04-2007, 10:52 PM
i'm so excited about okc comedy night! it's great to have an event like this as an alternative to going out to the bar or a movie. i'll definitely be there!

:fighting3

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-05-2007, 12:01 AM
This is a one time special comedy event and it will be the funniest thing you see all year.

I don't know about that...It'll be hard to top the "Great Cucumber Caper" from around April.

That stain is NEVER coming out.

Karried
10-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Sounds fun!

Thanks for the heads up and good luck with the show!

tnajk
10-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't see anything about this event on tickets.com ?
Is the show sold out?

Joeldavidd
10-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Here is the link to the tickets.com site. It's not sold out yet but from what we've been told it will be by the end of the week.

Tickets.com Ticketing (http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=TDC&pid=6073836)

See you there!

tnajk
10-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm confused by the tickets/seating. When at the site I entered 2 best seats available and it gives me the following....

ROW: ADM
SEATS: 107 and 108

Well, when I look at the seat chart there are no rows called ADM and no seats 107 or 108?? How is one supposed to be able to tell where these seats are located?? Anyone know?

Joeldavidd
10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
That's how it's set up in tickets.com but all tickets are general admission.

CCOKC
10-08-2007, 05:51 PM
There really is not a bad seat at Stage Center. It is not a large place and the stage is almost in the round. I've been there for quite a few performances and can't complain about any seat I've had.

Joeldavidd
10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
And with tickets being only ten bucks, you can't lose!