View Full Version : Paseo District - Or any district that has older housing.

OU Adonis
10-01-2007, 02:40 PM
I am looking at buying my first house and I was looking at the Paseo district. Honestly I hardly ever spend any time south of the northwest expressway unless its in bricktown so I don't know much about it.

Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of housing is available around there? I am going to wait a bit and let the market stabilize and I would like something I could fix up.

Does the Paseo fit this description? Older houses with a few that can be fixed up?

I eventually would like to get a condo down town but I want to get out of the apartment I am in. I figure it would be a good idea to find something to fix up and sell when they have affordable condo's down town.

Misty
10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, the best part about the Paseo is that I live there! There are quite a few houses for sale around and they all look like they need some work to me. I believe we are an historic neighborhood though so those restrictions will apply with any renovations that you do. I originally planned to live downtown as well but I absolutely love Paseo. Why don't you join us at our next Paseo Neighborhood Association meeting, Sunday the 7th at 4:00 at Galileo's. You can chat with the other people that live there and get some feedback.
MySpace.com - Paseo Neighborhood - 28 - Male - OKLAHOMA CITY, ??? - www.myspace.com/paseoneighborhood (http://www.myspace.com/paseoneighborhood)

OU Adonis
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
My next question would be... what zip codes constitute The Paseo district? So I can google realtor at work :D.

Misty
10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Mine is 73103, I'm not sure if there are any others.

Andy1807
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
The wife and I moved to Gatewood in February and we're loving it so far. Definitely worth checking out and there are a lot of houses in the favorable areas for sale right now.

glennp
10-02-2007, 12:10 AM
A Real Estate broker I really recommend for the historical community is Chris George. He has sold many houses over the years in Shepard, Mesta Park, Edgemere, Paseo, Heritage Heights, etc. Honestly, there is not a bad area in any of the major historic communities here.

Oklahoma City OK real estate listings and homes for sale, home buying, home selling information – Chris George Churchill Brown & Associates - Homepage (http://www.chrisgeorgehomes.com/)

metro
10-02-2007, 07:47 AM
OUAdonis, as others have said, Paseo has plenty of houses that are fixer uppers. It won't be that way for long though. More and more young professionals and first time buyers are moving in because they want inner city historical, and it is one of the few neighborhoods left that are affordable. I wouldn't worry about the market "stabilizing" if you find a good deal. OKC isn't inflated like the coasts, unless you're buying a 700K condo downtown. As Misty said, it is a historical district so you do have to go through the Historical Society for any exterior renovations. Your Realtor can pull Paseo without having to use a zip code although they do help. Realtors usually have area maps but they can pull by neighborhood name or zip as well.

wsucougz
10-02-2007, 06:09 PM
For purposes of searching the MLS, the name of the addition is actually Guernsey, not Paseo.

The borders are NW 30th on the north, NW 23rd on the South(or 24th), Shartel on the West and Walker on the East.

There's a lot of potential to pick up a fixer-upper in the 40-60k range. You might also want to give Jefferson Park a look, which is the neighborhood directly to the East of Paseo(Guernsey). Lots of good housing stock there that could be fixed up, and is being fixed up.

There are also many other nice historic neighborhoods you could check out as others have mentioned.

Let me know if I can help you out at all. I live in the area and have done some renovations in there as well.

Andy1807
10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
A Real Estate broker I really recommend for the historical community is Chris George. He has sold many houses over the years in Shepard, Mesta Park, Edgemere, Paseo, Heritage Heights, etc. Honestly, there is not a bad area in any of the major historic communities here.

Oklahoma City OK real estate listings and homes for sale, home buying, home selling information – Chris George Churchill Brown & Associates - Homepage (http://www.chrisgeorgehomes.com/)
Chris George was our agent and he did a good job.

Karried
10-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I know Chris George and used to work with him.. He is a great guy! He is very familiar with the area and a real go getter.