View Full Version : Chitchen Itza Mexico

Karried
09-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Anyone been here? I've heard about the ruins there and think it would be cool to go see those.

I received a invite from the Westin for a reduced rate in Cancun but I'm afraid it's a timeshare presentation ( I hate those!!)...

But, if it's not.. does anyone know of discount flights?

Since I have my Passport, I'm itching to go on a mini vacation... 4-5 days maybe..

rugbybrado
09-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Took my g/f in july to mexico for 8 days and we stopped by there one day, we rented a car and its deff worth the 3 hour drive.

rugbybrado
09-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Im trying to upload more pictures but its giving me some error. We stayed in cozumel and took a ferry across the the main land. You have to leave pretty early because it really is a all day trip there and back. We had the ferry into playa and got the rental there but to my understanding you can get tour packages in cancun where they drive you out there on a bus. It might be a good idea if your worried about getting lost because unless you go on the 'super highway' there isnt alot of signs. We left from playa on alot of two lane roads through the jungle(if you want to call it that) and i was never really worried, just have a good map and a quick prayer and you will be fine.

Oyeah, you cant really tell but chichen itza is a huge compound. I just throught there was just going to be the main pryamid but there is tons of other buildings everywhere. I was very surprised how many building in all there are, its amazing what people could build with there hands.

Welcome to Chichén-Itzá (http://www.internet-at-work.com/hos_mcgrane/chichen/chichen_index.html) Even this doesnt fully show how big the entire area is - bring good walking shoes.

PUGalicious
09-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Took my g/f in july to mexico for 8 days and we stopped by there one day, we rented a car and its deff worth the 3 hour drive.
Did you fly directly into Cozumel? Did you have an all-inclusive hotel package? Or did you just do the hotel and take care of the other arrangements on your own?