View Full Version : Count your Blessings!

Karried
09-25-2007, 07:13 AM
I woke up this morning to my Hot Water Heater going out and water gushing all over the garage.. no Hot water, no water at all. The builder put the heater in and then all the lines - gas and water in front of it.. so we see no way of getting it out to replace it without cutting through some pipes! We're not touching that!

Then at 1:00 pm today I have a CompSource audit where they are going over all of our Payroll Reports, Taxes etc ( pretty common when you ask for a rate change) but still a pain in the butt!

So, I was feeling a tad grumpy.... then I saw this!

Now, I have no way to verify if this is real or authentic but I imagine that there are people everywhere enduring unimaginable stress and worries.. so today I'm counting my blessings and feeling very, very thankful!

One of those blessings, although small to most people... Halo 3 today at 10:00am (yes, I am picking it up at GameStop - lol) I promised not to start it until I pick up the kids.. grrrrrr... so tempting!

Anyway, I am going to contact this poster and see if I can help and maybe get a feel if this is authentic (even if it's not, someone is in need regardless).

Take a look and feel very thankful that you're not dealing with even one of these issues!

Reply to: sale-431448853@craigslist.org (sale-431448853@craigslist.org?subject=Family%20in%20Nee d)
Date: 2007-09-25, 12:49AM CDT

A family in need desperatly needs two twin beds for their children, preferably at no cost, as money is very tight. They are still paying on two beds that they leased to own and they have collapsed! Also needed is an entertainment center. The one they currently own is over 13 years old and threatens to fall if anyone touches it, and it is dangerous with an autistic child running around. The mom is this family has stage 4 cancer, and the dad is a trucker, so with only one income and 2 people with serious diseases, and little to no help, they need anything anyone can offer.

I have several postings on Craigslist, so if you have already contacted me about this family, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. God Bless!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah...We can all complain about some silly crap sometimes.

BTW, I walked into WalMart at 8:20 this morning and picked up my copy ;)

Karried
09-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Woot woot! When are you going Live again?

So, I can beat you down! teeee heeee

Evil laugh!:evilsmile

Talk about a nightmare... I'm sitting here staring at the Halo 3 case... the kids had an absolute meltdown when I teased them that I would start playing while they were at school! ha.ha...

So I promised not to open it!

And wait until 3:30pm!

Itchy fingers, itchy fingers.. is it cheating just to put it in the console to see the graphics?? ahhhhgg

I can't wait to play... we are going to do a three way Campaign on Heroic.. only 4 more hours!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-25-2007, 10:46 AM
From the way things are going...I have no business on Live...Ever again. Holy crap I'm rusty.

But I'm having fun :D

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/imawingnut/halo3.jpg

/just rubbin' it in

Karried
09-25-2007, 11:12 AM
LOL!! omg... You big BRAT! I'm so jealous! Are you using a Carbine? You're out of ammo ..lol Aim for the head!

I've been watching trailors .. have you seen this commercial? Love it!

YouTube - Halo 3 "Believe" in HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PGpn4c96ZU)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, I WAS using a carbine. :D

Now I've got some massive powered axe that kills all sorts of stuff with one swipe.

Karried
09-25-2007, 11:41 AM
You are so, so, cruel... I can't wait to try the bubble shield...hey is it cheating if I come to your house and play? nevermind.. don't touch that. Misty might not like that.. lol

Misty
09-25-2007, 11:43 AM
You are so, so, cruel... I can't wait to try the bubble shield...hey is it cheating if I come to your house and play? nevermind.. don't touch that. Misty might not like that.. lol

It's ok Karried, go ahead. He's already cheating on me with someone else so what's one more going to hurt.

Karried
09-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Are the Elites huge or have you gotten that far yet? I heard AI is actually way more intelligent and strategic ie hiding behind rocks and actually avoiding you instead of being such easy targets ..

If you're a good shot, dual wield and use your plasmas to take down the shields then go for the head shots with a battle rifle.

Goodbye cruel world...you won't see me again after 3:35 pm today!

Karried
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Misty, you're such a giving partner.. who's the other woman?

Ogts.. I'm on my way!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-25-2007, 11:52 AM
The "n00b combo" doesn't seem to be working quite as well for me today :(

And my girlfriend is at work :eyebrows:

Misty
09-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Misty, you're such a giving partner.. who's the other woman?

Ogts.. I'm on my way!

I can't keep up with all his escapades. I think most of them are digital.

Karried
09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Busted.. He just admitted to having a girlfriend! At work ..

Misty, I'm here for you!

Men!

ogts.. Noob combo is out huh? Plan 2 - Hide. lol

What are you playing? Easy,Normal, Heroic or Legendary?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-25-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm starting with Normal for now because it's been so long since I've played.

And the n00b combo works, but I'm feeling out other stuff right now...And yeah, the AI is better.

Karried
09-25-2007, 05:40 PM
woot woot! Fun, fun game! Halo 3

I already beat it.

J/K - ugh kids.. hogging it already! Can't wait until they go back to school in the morning.. tee hee

I played a little bit of campaign on normal - it was pretty easy .. it's going to take a little time to get used to the bumper instead of X .. I'll have to play it from the start by myself.. I hate split screens.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-25-2007, 07:49 PM
The "bumper"?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Good grief, I hate, hate, HATE "The Flood".

On the other hand...Cortana is looking MIGHTY fine.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-26-2007, 02:25 PM
What the heck? I thought they said that the campaign was supposed to be a lot longer and tougher.

I guess not.

/done

Karried
09-26-2007, 03:23 PM
You were supposed to play on Heroic!! Now you need to go Live.

I see what you mean now ... I played today just for a short while on Normal and didn't get very far .. that's okay, I don't get to play too much, but I really like to play Live .. I just want to learn the maps before I play Team Swat.

The bumpers are above the trigger buttons..

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I played on Live at a friends house last night.

yeah...I suck something awful compared to all those kids.

And I actually knocked it back to "easy" just to see the end of the game sooner :D

Karried
09-26-2007, 04:16 PM
I knew it! That's Cheating! ha.ha..

You'll have to start over.. don't tell me the ending!

If I play with the kids, I could see it earlier, but I want the challenge, we got pretty far yesterday ..

I'm going to put in on Heroic.

Today I played alone for about a half hour. I got to Johnson's rescue without dying but once I got there, I had a hard time alone. The weapons are crappy ( all Plasma) and I had to wait for a Jackal kill to score a Carbine but even still, how many Brutes are there?

I couldn't get to Johnson... he's probably being tortured as we speak.

Now the kids are home and I'll have to kick them off to play.

'Kids, time for chores' .. lol.