View Full Version : Pinehurst Apartments 122nd and McArthur

okc_bel_air
09-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Why are they tearing down all the units on just the corner? Did I see a sign that they are building a Walgreen's on the corner in front of the apartments.

oneforone
09-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I think they are just rebuilding the pool, office and laundry area. They just recently installed a new sign near the entrances across from 7-11.

If Walgreens was building there every building would be vacant and demolished. Besides, I cannot see Walgreens buidling another store on 122nd when they already have on at 122nd and May.

However, their is one planned for the Sooner Investments development on Memorial and Macarthur.

http://soonerinvestment.com/pdf_flyers/Westlake_Memorial_and_Macarthur-061606.pdf

I wish Walgreens would build something in this area. I get tired of driving to May or Hefner to pick up last minute stuff.

oneforone
09-21-2007, 10:53 PM
I just went to top off my car for road trip tomorrow. I drove by pinehurst on the way to Williams on Rockwell. There is no sign announcing Walgreens.

I think somebody has been playing with letter on the corner Marquee.

The sign read: WAL REEMS

okc_bel_air
09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Wal-Greens it is. I guess the sign went up today. They tore done all the landscaping and the Pinehurst sign on the corner and put up the coming soon Wal-greens sign.

metro
09-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I think they are just rebuilding the pool, office and laundry area. They just recently installed a new sign near the entrances across from 7-11.

If Walgreens was building there every building would be vacant and demolished. Besides, I cannot see Walgreens buidling another store on 122nd when they already have on at 122nd and May.

However, their is one planned for the Sooner Investments development on Memorial and Macarthur.

http://soonerinvestment.com/pdf_flyers/Westlake_Memorial_and_Macarthur-061606.pdf

I wish Walgreens would build something in this area. I get tired of driving to May or Hefner to pick up last minute stuff.

Why not, Walgreens, CVS, McDonalds and others often have stores within 1 mile of each other. You're talking slightly more than 3 miles from this location to the one you mentioned on May, not to mention it's on the other side of the parkway. That's plenty of distance for a Walgreens as their average customer base is less than 1 mile radius when they consider new stores.

oneforone
09-28-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm happy to here that. It will be nice having more than just a 7-11 and Braums nearby to pick up last minute stuff.

I just wonder how long it will take for them to complete it. I wonder if the rest of Pinehurst will stay or not? It looks like they will be tearing down at least one or two more buildings before construction starts.

okc_bel_air
09-29-2007, 08:33 AM
There is a Walgreens on the corner of Hefner and Rockwell also. So that is only a 2 mile difference. I think the original plan for one on Memorial would have been best. But I guess since the Movie theater never happened that whole corner kinda died out.

oneforone
09-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Walgreens will probably do better on 122nd because the traffic flow stays steady until 10 or 11 on most nights. The traffic on Memorial usually is down to a trickle after 8 or 9 depending on rather or not Church of The Servant is having services or activities.

I am guessing this will not be a 24 hour store because the store on Hefner and Rockwell is already 24 hours.

It suprises me that CVS or Walgreens has not built a store adjacent to Mercy or Baptist yet. Both of those hospitals see enough ER and regular paitent traffic to keep a drugstore open all night.