View Full Version : 12 x 12 - 2007

metro
09-19-2007, 09:45 AM
It's the time of year again for 12x12. For those of you who have never attended you are missing one of OKC's hippest art events.

Small Art Makes a Big Impact
Works by More Than 150 Oklahoma Artists Support the Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition

Over 150 Oklahoma artists are doing big things in one square foot for the upcoming 12x12 Art Show & Sale, scheduled for September 29, 2007 at 7pm at the Fred Jones Industries Building, 900 W. Main in downtown Oklahoma City. Presented by the Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition (OVAC), the much anticipated annual event will raise vital funds for artists in Oklahoma.

Now in its 18th year, the 12x12 Art Show & Sale will provide not only an evening of art by some of Oklahoma’s finest artists, live music, delectable food and fun, but also an excellent opportunity for art lovers to begin or grow their art collection. 154 Oklahoma artists will be featured this year and viewers will find a variety of styles and media including painting, sculpture, photography, jewelry, drawing, ceramics and more. Each artist will submit one piece which must conform to the dimensions of twelve by twelve inches.

The art in the exhibition is sold in a silent and blind auction, meaning bidders won’t know what others have bid. New to the event this year will be a Buy It Now option for those artworks that you just can’t risk losing! Funds raised from the sale of art will support OVAC programs such as curated exhibitions, grants, professional development workshops, young artist events and crucial publications.

The 2006 12x12 raised over $45,000 through sponsorships and art sales with more than 700 in attendance. This year, the headline sponsor for the event is Chesapeake Energy Corporation. Other major sponsors include Southwestern Bank & Stationery Supplies, Raydon Exploration, Inc., John and Maxine Belger Foundation and Richard Pearson. The Volunteer Chairs of the 12x12 committee are Carl Shortt and Suzanne Mitchell.

To get a preview of some of the art that will be displayed, visit the gallery in the lobby of Leadership Square, 211 N. Robinson, September 5-21. To see the exhibition in its entirety, though, art lovers will have to attend the one-night only event.

Tickets to the 12x12 Art Show & Sale will be available by phone at 405-232-6991 or at the following ticket outlets:
Dr. Tami Ross, optometrist, in Leadership Square, 211 N. Robinson, OKC
Full Circle Bookstore, 50 Penn Place, OKC
dk Salon, 13917 N. May Ave, Edmond
The Pilates Body, 7630 N. Western Ave., OKC
Guestroom Records, 3701 N. Western Ave., OKC and 125 E. Main St., Norman
New Leaf Floral, 9219 N. Penn Ave., OKC

Tickets are $24 in advance and $30 at the door. Dress for the party is evening casual and drinks will be served from a cash bar.

For more information, please call OVAC at 405-232-6991.

http://www.ovac-ok.org/12x12logosm.jpg

OVAC -12 x 12 (http://www.ovac-ok.org/upcoming12x12.html) Buy tickets here.........

Misty
09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Here is my very first painting, I just bought it from my friend Chuck (pictured). He is an amazing artist. I have this hanging above my bed, I've been wanting it for years and he finally lowered the price for me. I LOVE IT, he is my favorite artist.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Here is my very first painting, I just bought it from my friend Chuck (pictured). He is an amazing artist. I have this hanging above my bed, I've been wanting it for years and he finally lowered the price for me. I LOVE IT, he is my favorite artist.

You put a painting of yourself above your own bed?

Tacky tacky!

Misty
09-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Ha! Hey, I am just tacky enough that I would put a huge picture of myself above my bed if I had one. I've been begging Chuck for years to paint me but he only paints girls that break his heart (he's inspired by the pain and drama) and since we are just friends no luck. I could commission him to do one but it wouldn't be the same as him just being "inspired" to paint me.

kevinpate
09-20-2007, 06:26 AM
aww, put your mind to it, break his heart, cause him pain and then make up after you get the canvas. Then sell the book How to Nab a Painting in 10 Days or Less and take him somewhere real nice so he can paint his momma a nice landscape :)

PUGalicious
09-20-2007, 06:59 AM
I don't think former attorney general John Ashcroft would approve of that painting.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-20-2007, 07:28 AM
aww, put your mind to it, break his heart, cause him pain and then make up after you get the canvas. Then sell the book How to Nab a Painting in 10 Days or Less and take him somewhere real nice so he can paint his momma a nice landscape :)

I was just going to say that she should sleep with his sister...INSTA-DRAMA!

But your way works too.

Misty
09-20-2007, 07:44 AM
You boys are evil.......I would never hurt my Chuck! He was childhood friends with my ex-boyfriend in Austin and was the only one that stepped up to tell me he was a lying cheating bastard. We developed a really great friendship and it takes guts to go against your boy like that. And people say woman are the evil ones.....

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-20-2007, 07:52 AM
You boys are evil.......I would never hurt my Chuck! He was childhood friends with my ex-boyfriend in Austin and was the only one that stepped up to tell me he was a lying cheating bastard. We developed a really great friendship and it takes guts to go against your boy like that. And people say woman are the evil ones.....

Yeah...Um...That means he wants you silly.

Misty
09-20-2007, 08:06 AM
No, I really truly am one of those girls that can really have guy "friends" only. Most of my friends are boys because they are more fun & no drama. I've always been "one of the guys" and the only girl/girlfriend in my group of peeps that gets invited to guys night out, poker night, gentlemen's club night......now that one's always a hoot watching your friends act like drunken sailors all night. Now his friends that ACTUALLY wanted me had really bad lines, for example, saying "Danny said you guys weren't together anymore, he just doesn't appreciate you like I would" while Danny had just gone to the mens room. LOL

metro
09-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Just wanted to remind everyone 12x12 is tomorrow. It's a great event!!