View Full Version : Mesta Festa 2007

metro
09-19-2007, 09:40 AM
It's that time of year again:

Mesta Festa

Saturday, September 22, 2007
10am to 7pm at the Perle Mesta Park (18th and Shartel)

The committee has been working really hard (and having a lot of fun) since March to make sure that this year’s Mesta Festa is one of the best ever. Mesta Festa 2007 will be Saturday, September 22. For the second year we are having an art festival. Stephen Kovash has organized the festival and promises some of the best artists in OKC will be here to show and sell their art.

The Wilson School PTA is in charge of the children’s area. They’ll have face painting. bouncies and lots of safe activities for children.

The “stage” will feature local band IRIS—the hit of Mesta Festa ‘06. Other favorite bands such as Dr. Pants will be here as well. Music will start at noon and continue through the afternoon, so bring your dancing shoes!

Delicious food will be plentiful from the Deep Fork Group of restaurants. And as usual, the local brewers and hot spots will be there to provide a great variety of beer and wine tastings. The Bricktown Brewery, Bin 73, Deer Creek Winery, Choc Beer, Texas Sux Beer and many more. Don’t forget there will be a chili cook-off too. Brickshaws will be back this year to provide neighborhood tours.

Home | Mesta Park Historical Neighborhood | Oklahoma City (http://www.mestapark.org)

http://www.mestapark.org/Websites/mestapark/templates/MestaPark/images/mp_logo_old.jpg

Misty
09-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I believe one of the stops will be the Mesta Festa, so come join us for this as well:

Beautification Station 2007: Cruisin' OKC
Saturday, September 22, 2007

8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

This year’s Beautification Station promises to be the best yet! Oklahoma City Beautiful, The Oklahoma City Community Foundation, the City of Oklahoma City and Neighborhood Alliance are teaming up to present this year’s workshop in an innovative way. The workshop will begin with a bus tour of different project sites across Oklahoma City. Participants will have an opportunity to see projects that were completed using various grant programs. After the tour, a question and answer session will be held. There will also be resource and information tables at the session.

Seating is limited, so RSVP early! Call Shana at OKC Beautiful, 525-8822, to reserve your seat. Lunch will be served. Come join us!

Misty
09-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Don't forget about these events today! I'm volunteering at Beautification Station.....maybe I should get off the computer and go get ready. I'm going to be late! Hope some of you can make it to these events.